“Water smells weird”
Review of The St. Regis Doha

The St. Regis Doha
Ranked #11 of 140 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 20 February 2014

It's a very nice hotel but there is an odd/bad smell in the tap and shower water. I wanted to take a shower but decided not to because clearly there's something wrong with the water. There is a lot of construction around the hotel so I hope that pipes were not negatively impacted by all that construction.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MajedBA
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the time you have taken to share your valuable feedback.

While I was pleased to know that you appreciated the hotel facilities and service, it was disappointing to know that you have experienced challenges with the water quality.

Please allow me to assure you that this is being looked into with our Director of Engineering to ensure it will not reoccur again in the future.

We do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to The St Regis Doha in the not too distant future and I would like to invite you to contact me directly on your next visit so I can personally assist you with the arrangements.

Tareq Derbas

Write a ReviewReviews (1,460)

Reviewed 15 February 2014

got there late - didnt get attended to, had to wait 30mins before given a smoking room with views to construction site. had to insist on a non-smoking with sea view, finally they obliged. this so called 'butler service' is just a hype, its more like a room attendant. because didnt meet 'butler' until the next night and even then it was restricted assistance. St Regis should really look into how this hotel is run. the rooms were not cleaned properly nor did they leave essentials - had to ask for same items for 2 days running. for breakfast they served left over food from the night before - this is noted by me and another random guests who told to be careful (rice, noodles and samoosas were not fresh) extremely annoyed that we paid so much for this hotel experience and received less then average overall service. there are other hotels nearby that may be better. Doha is not ready for tourists as from the immigration to sightseeing experience the lack of attention and service was very much apparent.

Room Tip: make sure you clarify non-smoking and sea view. Doha smoking policy is very open - cigerette smell l...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank s n
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the time you have taken to share with me your valuable feedback.

It was disappointing to know that your experience was not up to the standards and below your expectations in certain areas. I would much appreciate the opportunity of an in-depth discussion towards this, if you could please email me your contact details at tareq.derbas@stregis.com.

Our excellence in terms of standards and services are most important to us and I will personally ensure your remarks will be addressed to prevent it from reoccurring in the future.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Had an extended stay of close to 3 weeks, very well kept rooms and a prompt personal butler. Unmatched personalised service from all the staff, especially at Vine restaurant special mention for Keval, Chittaranjan, Kenneth, Hany, Aruna. My kid loved the recreation center and would spend hours with the smiling staff-Joy and Chinchu.

Keep it up guys!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Prashant J

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback.

It is pleasing to know you had an enjoyable experience with us and that you appreciated the professionalism of our associates and the overall friendliness of our Recreation team.

It is always gratifying for us to receive such comments as this gives us the opportunity to show our team that their efforts are truly appreciated by our guests.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to The St Regis Doha in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Spent a night here for my birthday 'stay-cation' WOW is all I can say! amazing from the moment we arrived. Upgraded room, impeccable service from every member of staff we came into contact with. Little 'extra' touches such as a birthday cake, our own butler who was most helpful and attentive. Best hotel I have ever stayed in, can't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Caroline L
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for selecting The St Regis Doha as your prefered address for the celebration of your anniversary.

I was delighted to know how much you enjoyed your experience with us and that you appreciated the attention of our team and particularly the Butler Service.

It is always gratifying for us to receive such positive feedback as this gives us the opportunity to show our associates that their efforts are truly appreciated by our guests.

We are much looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

My wife, 2 kids and I spent New Years Eve 2013 at the St Regis. One of the most beautiful and well appointed luxury hotels I have ever stayed in. World class. Rooms magnificent. Facilities brilliant. Choice of top class restaurants including 2 by Gordon Ramsey. Great and very friendly staff. Delightful beach. Great location. You just have to stay there!!! If there was one 'complaint' I had it would be that, due to Qatari alcohol laws, you are not permitted to have a drink poolside; not a big deal but such is life. Al in all a most wonderful experience, highly recommended to anyone coming to Doha.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kartik P

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for selecting The St Regis Doha as your prefered address for the New Year’s celebration.

It was truly a pleasure to know how much you enjoyed your experience with us and that you appreciated the facilities of our hotel, the surroundings and particularly the professionalism and overall friendliness of our associates,

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Doha is one big building site and the St.Regis sits right on top of a major pipe laying project which is nowhere near completion. Of course this isn't the responsibility of the staff, it doesn't lead to a relaxing stay, especially when they were working at 1 AM as they were last night.

Otherwise - the pool is nice, the Vine restaurant is mediocre and the Opal, Gordon Ramsey's restaurant is horrible!

Just go to the Intercontinental next door - brilliant beach, pool & restaurants, including the Mycanos Greek restaurant and the Belgian bar.

In the know, Qatar

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank jeninglasgow
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

While I was pleased to know that you appreciated the pool facilities of our hotel, it was disappointing to know that your experience with us was not up to the expectations in certain areas. Please allow me to extend my sincere apologies for the noise challenges you encountered and assure you that this will be addressed in the future.

I would much appreciate the opportunity of an in depth discussion towards your suggestions to enhance the services and food we provide in Vine and Opal by emailing me your contacts to me at tareq.derbas@stregis.com

Thank you once again for giving us the opportunity to continuously improve the standards we offer to our guests and looking forward to meeting you in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

This is an excellent hotel and with a number of excellent restaurants. Very convenient, with first class service and amenities. They really do go the extra mile. The pressing service on arrival is great and easy without fuss. Probably has the best pool in Doha, Olympic size. They really cater for difficult diets, I require gluten free and diary free. No problem here .

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Richard G
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback.

I was delighted to know that you throughtly enjoyed your experience with us and particularly the pressing services we provide and the facilities of our hotel.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to The St Regis in the not too distant future.