The St. Regis Doha
Agoda.com
  • Pool
US$202
  • Pool
Millennium Hotel Doha(Doha)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$77
Travelocity
Ramada Encore Doha(Doha)(Great Value!)
US$47
US$46
1,648 results
All reviewsbutler servicethe vineastor grillvintage bargordon ramseysarab loungeremede spaoyster barspecial thanksamazing servicejazz clubrooftop barluxurious hotelthe pearlamazing hotelbig thanksprivate beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is definitely a landmark in Doha. A luxury hotel, excellent facilities, great beach activities, and kids recreation room with childcare for 3+ children.

The thing that I didn't like is that we were denied to enter the beach before 6:00 am, so we missed the sunrise :( . Also the beach was closed after sunset for private party, and guests were kicked out!

Room Tip: Higher floor is better. I think (but not sure) that all rooms have a sea view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Omar_sa
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Allow me to extend my appreciation for spending the time to share your feedback with us. It is pleasing to learn that you enjoyed the hotels design, facilities, and family traditions services. We will make sure to pass on your comments to our associates, especially the recreation team whom you mentioned.

We have also taken on board of your comments with regards to the pool and beach opening times as part of our ongoing quality management program.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon,

Tareq Derbas,

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I was the guest of St REGIS in Doha from May 24th for two nights.

At 11:45am the room was not ready (in spite of a written confirmation for an early check in). I had to waiting for more than 1 hour. No upgrade (in spite of my Platinum SPG status).

The room was beautiful but it was not a room with the normal standards of a real St REGIS hotel (crinkled carped, false paintings). The finishing is bad (paintings, tiles not correctly placed in the bathtub...).

When I tryed to reach VINE restaurant to take my lunch at 13:00pm, there was no seat inside. The only choice was a seat outside (where the temperature was 45°C). I refused.

Nevertheless, there is a real lack of service in this hotel.

The A/C in the room is extremely noisy (even on low mode). The door of the restroom is stained and dusty.

The Express 1 Hour pressing takes more than 2 hours and you have to call for the delivery!

The valet for the car is doing nothing (you have to park your car). The crockery used in the Lounge is very poort ("made in Indonesia").

My room was not well cleaned. I found a used soap has been placed in the bathtub! May be there is no more money in this hotel to buy soaps for the guests... The bathmouth bottle has not been changed on the 2nd day.

In this hotel, you have to ask for anything (even the laundry bag/form).

In the corridor on the 2nd floor: the numbers for the rooms have been snatched... Which kind of customers has this hotel?

I do not understand how this hotel can have 5 Stars. The policy of Starwood to have placed its St. Regis brand is a big mistake.

Finally, the hotel is very far from Doha City Center and even from the Corniche.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Allow me to extend my gratitude for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. It is disappointing to learn that your stay did not meet your expectations and the St. Regis service we strive to deliver was not achieved. Please be assured that your comments and feedback have been passed onto the management team in order for us to continuously improve.

At your convenience, I would much appreciate the opportunity of a more detailed discussion regarding your stay and your suggestions of further enhancing the standards and services we provide to our guests. Please email me your contacts at tareq.derbas@stregis.com and I will reach out to you personally.

Thank you once again for your time and I do hope we can look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We recently stayed for 2 nights in a Caroline Astor Suite. It was a fabulous stay with every detail looked after beautifully. The highlight was dining at Hakkasan - simply wonderful. The hotel is beautiful and the facilities are excellent. Service can be hit or miss though. We previously had a very disappointing stay where just about everything went wrong but this stay more than made up for that with everything being absolutely wonderful. Fabulous restaurants (Hakkasan, Astor Grill, Opal), kids' club, pool, cabanas and Jazz at Lincoln Centre is wonderful. Great place for kids. When things (ie. service) go right, it is a fantastic experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us this wonderful feedback. I am delighted to learn that you have seen an improvement in The St. Regis service we strive to deliver and that you enjoyed our hotels facilities and signature restaurants.
Your comments have been shared with the associates and both myself the entire team here at The St. Regis Doha look forward to welcoming you back soon,

Reviewed 15 May 2014

excellent hotel and huge lobby remind me like king house and when i enter in lobby my feeling also like i am the King because the staff is so kind and helpful. I get great experience few restaurant there like Vine, Opal and i enjoyed drink as well with my friends in Vintage Bar.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Allow me to thank you for taking the time to share with us such a positive review. It is a pleasure to hear how you enjoyed our hotels design, signature restaurants and St. Regis service. Please be assured that your comments will be passed along to the team.

Myself and the entire team look forward to welcoming you back to The St. Regis, Doha.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 11 May 2014

As a Qatar resident, we've visited the St.Regis on numerous occassions. Withouht doubt it's a beautiful resort here in Doha with numerous outlets to experience and enjoy. However for our first stay here we were a little dissapointed...

At first I thought it might be our high expat expectations but comparing to sister hotel, W Doha - there was a few key pieces lacking in the 5* experience.

Our check-in was quick and early, our Suite was beautiful with a fresh scent piped in and a wonderful bathtub and beautiful quality furnishings throughout. In fact, the whole of the St.Regis is without doubt elegantly designed with no expense spared however the thing that lets it down is...the staff.

You're greeted with a myriad of employees when entering the hotel which is always nice and welcoming but as a guest staying there we started to notice so many flaws - the Butler service whilst a treat isn't as handy as you would think. Our room was left unmade, no turndown service even though it was requested and we were locked out of our room on 2 occassions with no apology. Little things I know but at 1600qrs a night...I don't really expect this.

The pool seems to have no real staff or system, we were left hanging about not sure where to get towels from, not sure what beds were free... And overall it just felt that for a hotel of this standard, things should flow a lot more smoothly than this.

That aside, the restaurants were the real concern. We chose to dine at Sultan Brahim fish restaurant but were met with a really rude Waiter who showed no interest in us or our enthusiasm to try their restaurant. My Husband wanted to leave so we did and were lucky to be given a table at Opal by Gordon Ramsay where we have dined on many occassion. I've always enjoyed Opal but have felt they are under staffed, it never seems to be logical with drinks ordered after sitting for 20mins..that kind of thing. I've let it pass me before but this time as a hotel guest it was a little dissapointing.

We chose to order some calamari with our drinks until we decided what to eat. We ordered our main and everything was brought together. No real problem but I mentioned we had wanted the Calamari to begin with. It was taken away and a Manager appeared 'you wanted to speak to me' - I didn't but at this point I explained what happened. He argued I had not made it clear we wanted the Calamar first. It's an appetisier on the menu, I don't think it needs to be made clear. He wanted an argument, we didn't. We ate, the food was as always very nice but upon receving the bill we mentioned the Calamari and how we never actually ate this as it was taken away from us. There was a further remark from the Manager who again seemed intent to argue rather than resolve.

It was dissapointing to be met with an evening of bad service, especially when we have been regular guests (and are SPG members) on so many times.

The hotel and beach are beautiful, in fact we really enjoyed the beach and the complimentary water sports, the manager there was a great help with the SUP's but the restaurants just let it down for us. We had felt that for such an expensive hotel and experience, service should be the utmost priority.

We'll return again to stay but may not eat there....

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sunnybunny7381
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your valuable feedback and for choosing The St. Regis as your preferred hotel. It is a pleasure to read how you enjoyed the hotels facilities, rooms and design however it is disappointing to learn that elements of your stay did not reach your expectations and that The St. Regis standards of service that we are dedicated to delivering where not achieved.
Your remarks with regards to our associates and service have been taken on-board and will be reviewed with our management team allowing us to continuously improve.

I would be grateful if you could email me your contact details at tareq.derbas@stregis.com.
Thank you very much once again and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to The St. Regis Doha in the near future.