The St. Regis Doha
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Pool
1,643 results
All reviewsbutler servicethe vineastor grillvintage bargordon ramseysarab loungeremede spaoyster barspecial thanksamazing servicejazz clubrooftop barluxurious hotelthe pearlamazing hotelbig thanksprivate beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

The amazing st Regis is quite fascinating. The room is super comfortable, the staff are friendly, sometimes they could be better but for the most part they are decent.
The amazing part is the pool. It has the biggest pool I have ever seen! Fantastic! But the problem is that they close the pool early.

Restaurants, bars, lounges. All are great

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Allow me to thank you for taking the time to share with us this wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay. I am so glad to read how much you enjoyed our Olympic sized swimming pool and the rest of our facilities and restaurants. All your comments have been passed along to the teams.

I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The St. Regis is undeniably an impressive hotel, the architecture and interior design are stunning. Clearly a lot of money and thought has gone into designing it, and this shows. Our twin room had two of the most comfortable beds I have ever experienced. The decor is tasteful and extremely comfortable. This runs throughout the hotel with all the function rooms, and especially the spa, living up to the St. Regis name- and even higher.

What massively lets this hotel down is the staff. To be fair first, there were some fantastic members such as those who serve in the front lounge who were polite, smiley, and eager to please.

But the majority were rude, ineffective and dismissive. There is a strong culture in Qatar of complete ignorance (try and tell a taxi driver to turn his meter on) and this comes through to the staff.

If they acknowledge your request, they do it with a bewildered smile- and then don't act on it.

Worse than that was the staff who thought it fit to giggle. There were two smug front-of-house who seemed to spend their time laughing at everybody. It was the same in the spa. Honestly, I'm not that amusing, they're just rude.

It's such a shame because if there was an American-approach to service, the hotel would be beyond compare.

Other problems came in the layout of the hotel, you have to work out where everything is, given its poor signage. Duke of Edinburgh awards should be given to those who find the pool.

The shower also leaks, in every room.

This is the only hotel I have tried in Doha but I wasn't impressed. If you have to stay there, you will be fine. But my recommendation is not to choose it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TWheeler4286
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Allow me to thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback and comments. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the design and architecture of the hotel along with the signature St. Regis bed. It is disappointing to learn however that certain elements of your stay did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and that all comments have been passed to the management team allowing us to continuously improve the St. Regis service we are dedicated to providing.

I would be grateful for the opportunity to discuss your stay further. If you could please e-mail myself at tareq.derbas@stregis.com or call 4446.0003 at your earliest convenience it would be a pleasure to speak with you personally.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We are local to Doha and my husband and I had a previous experience during a busy weekend that was less than expected. This time however the hotel went above and beyond to make our experience great and added little touches that made it all worth it. This is a great hotel for all cases. The pool as a facility is wonderful and all of the restaurant offer great food.

Room Tip: I would recommend staying in the north tower if you are a light sleeper during the winter months as another hotel neighbors it on the south.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Allow me to thank you for taking the time to share with us such positive comments regarding your stay. It is a pleasure to read how you enjoyed the facilities, restaurants and that the St. Regis service went above and beyond your expectations. All of your feedback has been passed onto the team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Tareq Derbas,

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights with our kids and we had a great time. Although the hotel
is only 10mins from home we felt like we were on holiday all weekend. We booked a poolside cabana on the Friday and it was excellent and very private and the food in the restaurants was first class with the highlight being our meal in the Gordon Ramsey on the Thursday night. Great hotel for couples or families with a first class service.

• Stayed: June 2014
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The St. Regis Doha for your family staycation and for sharing your positive comments regarding your stay. It is a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed our private cabanas and dinner in Gordon Ramsay. Your feedback will be shared with the team and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back very soon for your next mini break.

General Mananger

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The St Regis Hotel in Doha Qatar is a business travelers dream. On my arrival the line to check in was long and I was immediately escorted to a separate area as a gold SPG member and offered a comfortable couch to sit on and a beverage. I was then assigned a butler who took me to my room and my check in was accomplished in my room. This experience was amazing. Thank you for the superb service!

Room Tip: View of the pool and the gulf.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your positive experience. Here at The St. Regis Doha we recognise the importance of ease and comfort as a business traveller and it is a pleasure to read that as a Gold SPG member the signature St. Regis service exceeded your expectations.

The entire team and I here look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit.