“Hotel overnight stay”
Review of The St. Regis Doha

The St. Regis Doha
Ranked #10 of 136 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I will start my feedback from room reservation which I encountered a response from a not so efficient staff eventhoug I am persistent to try St Regis Doha as my first time to stay here. Last july 30, we checked in with just a normal charm in the reception. To my surprise, when we enter the room, staff enchant me and my husband and my daughter with a very lovable arrangement in the bed. I wouls like to commend your staff Kookie Chiva and our butler Francis Nillas who made an effort to experience the St Regis way...it was indeed a memorable stay. Cheerrs!

1  Thank Meloney R
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback regarding your families stay. I am so pleased that the St. Regis service went above and beyond your expectations. Be assured your comments will be shared with those associates mentioned.

The entire team and I look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit.

There are newer reviews for The St. Regis Doha

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I will try to be honest and fair as possible.

Reservation

My wife and I planned to celebrate the Eid Holiday with a couple of visitors from Dubai at St. Regis. My wife, anticipating the large crowd, eagerly booked 2 rooms 10 days early using the Corporate Rate that her company had to offer. We were very hesitant at first for we are used to staying at Four Seasons if ever we decided to celebrate something. Anyway, she spoke with a reservation agent (Houda N.), and was asked to send an email using her (my wife's) company email, which she obliged. She was surprised upon the agent's reply that we can only avail of the corporate rate if we booked 2 nights. We were about to cancel our request at that time but decided to push through with it if not for Ms. Eleanor Seacor's reply. Though it was already 2 days late based on their last conversation. She was apologetic, which we highly appreciate, and though we can't avail of my wife's corporate rate, she had managed to offer us a lower rate than the previous quotation that Ms. Houda proposed.

Customer Service

Service was not that impressive at first: No one ever assisted us when we dropped off our luggage and there were no valet parking attendant. Hence, I ended up parking our car through the basement parking.

The reservation agent (I forgot his name), who assisted us upon checking-in told my wife that we had "complimentary breakfast" included in our preferred rate. Well, that's good news for all we thought. Morning of the following day after breakfast, we were told that we have to pay for our meal for it was not included in our package. We then have to confirmed and clarified this with the front desk and was told that there was a some sort of miscommunication. And later decided to waived-off the fee for it was clearly the agent's fault. We highly appreciate the staff's swift response regarding this matter. It was just like a matter of 5 mins.

Also we would like to commend the following:

Mr. Rufino (Front Desk), for the assistance that he and Ms. Kookie had given us when we decided to check the hotel prior to our reservation. He was trying to booked us that same day, but unfortunately the rates were blocked and only the reservation agent can override it.

Ms. Kookie Chiva, for making our stay enjoyable from prior to our check in date till the last minute of our stay. Though unfortunately we weren't allowed for a late check-out because of the high influx of visitors, but still we appreciate the efforts.

Mr. Francis Nillas, for the awesome wedding anniversary presentation that he prepared on our room. In fairness to Four Seasons, they did good but presentation wise we go for St. Regis.

From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you!

Ambiance / Room / Resto / Food

The Hotel is cozy but too much people loitering around, though it's understandable that it's a holiday. The facade of the building facing the pool needs some utmost paint retouch. If one would like to take a photo of this place, better think twice or you need to rework it through photoshop before you post it. It's very visible and obvious.

Room is quite spacious but lacks some necessities (e.g. coffee maker). Some of the interiors has cobweb and at the back of the TV, one can see the cable wires dangling off the wall. Given the 5-star rating that they have, this should be easily unnoticeable. Unfortunately it's not. But in fairness the bed is so comfy. We had a great sleep thanks to your mattress. Our daughter even kissed it goodbye before we left for check-out.

Resto / Bar were mostly closed during this time. Which is very unfortunate for it was a national holiday. Except for the breakfast lounge. The food was good and appealing to our tastebuds but since there were lots of people you could easily bumped into each other's chair if you happen to stand up and refill your plate. Other than that the staffs deserves credit for their service and patience.

Room Tip: Choose the room with a sea view.
3  Thank RSRosales

Dear Guest,

Firstly allow me to thank you for choosing The St. Regis Doha for your special vacation and for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the restaurants and facilities despite certain elements of your stay not meeting your expectations. Please be assured that your comments are extremely important to us and that they have been passed onto the management team allowing us to continuously improve on the St. Regis service we strive to provide. Your positive feedback for the associates will be shared with the team.
I do hope we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future,

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

With all respect to a five star hotel in Qatar who is known of their high quality service and tasty food.

We chose this hotel to relax and enjoy our Eid but we found the opposite !!!

There are to many issues that we had encountered with the hotel services which made me say it was the worst stay.

Here is some of the issues:

● One of the worst thing is ( Valet ):
1. They let us wait more than 15 min. just to take other ppl car who arrived after us !! .. When my husband got angery and make his voice a little louder they took the car.
2. Each time we comback the place is full of guys standing in front the door, blocking the entrance and smoking .. I felt like we are a show for them .. ( when entering the hotel each step you find someone asks you what you need .. I hop they take some of them to manage the valet area ).
3. They gave us wrong card for the car and they lost it so my husband went to look for it.

● The staff in the cafe are not helpful and we went twice and they ignored us.

● We all know that in each room there must be bottles of water to drink. there was non we had to beg! for them to bring. we were dehydrated and got headaches of this.
● There is no place for the people who stay on the hotel to have breakfast you have to wait for half hour. ( There is no priority for the people who stayed in the hotel ).

●● We complained put the management team are CARELESS. If you stay in this hotel don't bother your self and complin they might reply to you but they are not taking there word seriously.

● When we complin all what they say " we didn't expect that number of visitors? " .. Really ??!! . Does that make any sense? .. it's a hotel with more than 336 guest room and the staff is more than that adding with it Eid holiday .. with all of that unexpected?!

At the end of our stay we gave our complaints to the manager and all he did was complimentary breakfast! we did not take it as we have dignity to be satisfied by food. The checkout was even worse, he saw the complaints and he surprisingly did nothing and when we reminded him he gave us the bills like kicking us out of the hotel cold hearted.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank M N
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for choosing the St. Regis Doha for your EID break. It is disappointing to learn that elements of your stay did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that your comments have been passed onto the management team allowing us to continuously improve.
I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your recent stay further, at your earliest possible convenience please contact me by e-mail on Tareq.Derbas@stregis.com so that I can assist you personally.

I do hope we can look forward to welcoming you back in the future,

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I have to be fair with this hotel .. Rooms are too spacious and cleaned.. Too many facilities .. Pool and the beach by the same area is just breathtaking, but the salon department it can't be rated it's belong to a 5 stars hotel at all. Food is not tasty at all, and the food is presentation is zero. One of the late night I asked the room service to get me ice , in the next morning I found tips of cigarettes after the ice has been melted, I talked to management team, honestly no one showed a simple care of what happened, they were talking if it's like normal thing.. I showed them the tips and pictures of it but still no one cared!

Stayed: January 2014
4  Thank Tota1118

Dear Guest,

Allow me to thank you for taking the time to share with us your valued feedback. It is a pleasure to read how you enjoyed the facilities and design of the rooms especially the pool and beach area. It is disappointing to learn however that certain elements of your stay did not meet your expectations. Please let me assure you that all feedback is taken seriously and has been passed along to our management team allowing us to continuously improve our service. I would appreciate the opportunity to assist you personally regarding your recent stay, please at your earliest convenience contact me by e-mail on Tareq.Derbas@stregis.com.

Regards ,

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Attend a conference in the St Regis hotel and booked a room with butler service. It was one of the best hotels I ever visited. Service at its best and butler service was great as well. Only negative point is the location of the hotel which is quite far from the city centre. Can highly recommend the hotel and will definitively come back next time I am in Doha.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank HAT_Austria
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Allow me to thank you for taking the time to share with us such positive comments regarding your stay. It is always a matter of great pride to learn that the St. Regis service went above and beyond your expectations.

All of your feedback & compliments have been passed onto the team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay in St, Regist, the people are so accomodating specially the front desk frannie and our personal butler francis. Ambience of the hotel is very nice specially when they upgrade our room to very good sea view.. Pool is very nice also and the sceney of it. We are hoping to have another booking soon :)

Thanks a lot St. Regis.

Room Tip: our Room 505 is very nice.

Dear Guest,

Allow me to thank you for taking the time to share with us such positive comments regarding your stay. It is a pleasure to read how you enjoyed the facilities & that the St. Regis service went above and beyond your expectations. Your compliments of our pool and the view from it, is much appreciated. All of your feedback has been passed onto the team and we do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 6 nights there the room service were not professional . We called to confirm our arrival twice once a day ahead and once an hour a head and still at check in they denied getting any calls and it took them ages to finish our check in process . The housekeeping were calling the room miss calls every 15-20 minutes all morning and when I called them back they said that just wanted to wake me up to ask when do I need my room to be cleaned !!!!!. Although I have put the (do not disturb ) light on !!!!!!. It happened again and again that is why I am mentioning that . The house keeping were expecting tips all the time too!!!. One morning I was woken up by window cleaners !! They were so noisy shouting and chatting out my window and when I called the butler service to complain they just said it is a regular procedure,they didn't even bother to inform us the night before there will be cleaners next day..Once I requested laundry service and the guy who came to collect it seems to has just finished smoking he filled our room with his bad smell. My room was the first in the aisle after the elevators but it was getting sudden smells of cooking all the time . I asked for my room to be spread with air fresheners but it never reached my room. After checking out I discovered that I forgot my I phone charging wire by the bed side I called the hotel within less than 2 hours of check out but they denied finding that and although no one yet got that room still they couldn't find it . A big X on that hotel . Not professional at all . One of the worst hotel services in Doha .

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Maryam A
TareqDerbas, General Manager at The St. Regis Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Allow me to thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback regarding your recent stay. Needless to say, I am disappointed that your experience with us was less than satisfactory. Our aim is to exceed our guests expectation and we have obviously fallen short in your case, to this very important goal of ours.

We are consistently reviewing our practises and take guest feedback very seriously, as it is only through this that we are able to see where improvements can be made and how we can ultimately set ourselves apart from our competition.

If you could be kind enough to leave me your contact details & a convenient time at tareq.derbas@stregis.com or phone +974.4446.0003. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further regarding your experience.

I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back in the future.