“Modern, nice hotel”

Concorde Hotel Doha
Ranked #30 of 140 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I stayed in the hotel for 3 nights during February 2014 for business. The hotel is quite modern and the rooms are very large and nicely decorated. Reception and lobby are comfortable and modern.
Breakfast was good, but I would prefer if there was orange juice (usual in all hotels).
Two issues: the first 2 days, towels were not changed in my room.
Secondly, one staff member during checkout was evidently trying to fool me regarding the bill. Human resources needs more careful choice and monitoring.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Pekard
Mashhour A, General Manager at Concorde Hotel Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

It was a pleasure having you back with us at Concorde Doha, and thank you for bringing your concerns at our immediate attention.

We note your comments regarding juice in the restaurant and the customer service touch in the checkout process, your constructive feedback has been addressed with concerned department accordingly.

Once again I thank you for your review. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you again.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed 12 February 2014

it is a good hotel. i have never had any issues with the hotel as i regularly visit the hotel but recently i was drugged and stolen money by a staff called Nelly. I send a complaint mail to the human resource department but they never even gave me a feedback. I'm really weighing my views if i will ever go back there again or even i'll recommend my clients to go there. Please the management of concorde hotel doha do something if you don't want to loose clients. Otherwise it is a nice hotel but only one person wants to spoil for the rest.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank abdul a

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your review and experience in our hotel.

We have carefully reviewed your feedback and we deeply apologize for the inconvenience that you had to experience.

Rest assured that we will look into your comment with concerned staff member and adjust where ever possible.

We look forward to your return in not too distant future.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Not a 5* hotel at all. More like a 3*. We stayed there for a night, between flights, as arranged by Qatar Air. The desk staff was unfriendly, no one showed us to our room, the room was spacious but very average decor (plastic parquet, average furniture). In the room there were no cosmetics and only one towell, the air conditoning was not working, the mini bar was empty. This was not an accident as none of the people in the group got a properly made room. We would have been better off staying in one of the airport's lounges!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Artadaggio

Dear Valued Guest,

I am very sorry to hear of your less than ideal experience at the hotel during your stay with us. I have gone thought your review and wish to thank you for your candid feedback.

Your constructive comments about the service and the in-room amenities has been noted and addressed with our team accordingly to ensure this does not reoccur in the future.

Once again I thank you for your feedback and hope you will give us another chance in the future to welcome you back at Concorde Doha.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

This is posted as a 5* hotel and whilst the building and rooms are indeed pretty good it seemed soulless.
Front desk staff were efficient and very friendly as were the porters and restaurant staff but the internet kept dropping out and it is a dry hotel. I don't expect this from a 5* these days in Doha and nothing was mentioned on the web site.
It is quite new so everything worked OK and it is near the airport which for my travel frequency and timing was a bonus. Rooms are big, bathrooms are as well. Beds seemed good to me and I slept well.

Downsides
Minibar wasn't working and was empty
My booked alarm call wasn't made
The 2 restaurants were empty at 10.00 (one couple in each)

Would I stay again - probably not. This is just my opinion and in fairness to many other guests its not a bad place, just not my personal cup of tea. I certainly wouldn't advise against staying there.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Keith1955

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience.

We have carefully reviewed all the information you have kindly provide us, and we are in process of improving highlighted areas, we deeply apologize for having come short of meeting some of your expectations. Meanwhile your kind words are shared with our Front Desk Staff and Porters.

Rest assured that each comment is looked into with members of the concerned teams and adjusted where ever possible.

We look forward to your return in not too distant time.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed one night as we where transfering to Bangkok. The hotel was very nice and the reseptionist provided good service. We were not satisfied with the bed, which was quite hard for our taste. We left early before breakfast, so can't comment on that. Overfall a good hotel experience!

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank Kengud
Mashhour A, Manager at Concorde Hotel Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I am extremely delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us at Concorde Doha. Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I have shared your comments with our reception team, and so your feedback about the comfort of our beds with Executive housekeeper and we are in process of improving it.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

It was better than my expectations. It was very luxuries room and the service was great. However, location is a bit far from west bay, mini bar prices are high and there was this every-morning check on what have been consumed from the mini bar; that was bit annoying.

• Stayed: December 2013
8  Thank Abdul B
Mashhour A, General Manager at Concorde Hotel Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much indeed for telling us about your great experience in Concorde Doha.

I am delighted we are up to your expectation and that our service and facilities to your satisfaction.

We note your candid comments about mini bar prices and every-morning consumption checkup, which we are currently in the process of improving.

Meanwhile, we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back at Concorde Doha.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

After a long flight, and arriving at the hotel at 1am being told that your room is not available, even though it was paid in advance, is just not acceptable! Surely they know how many rooms they have??
At 1:15am being ferried to an alternative hotel, just for the 1 night, is just not on. "It's OK, we will collect you from the other hotel at 7:15am so you can meet with your colleagues who are in the hotel" is nonsense!!!
I'm a very regular traveller and this is the first time it has happened. To try and make it up they amazingly offered us a FREE BREAKFAST in return for the trouble they gave us.…but we were in a different hotel at this point!!!!
To be fair, when we got to our rooms we had a suite each with lounge, dressing room and huge bedroom!!!
Still, it leaves a very bad taste for what would otherwise be a nice hotel

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

It was a pleasure having you with us at Concorde Doha and thank you for bringing your concerns to our immediate attention.

Guest satisfaction is our top priority and we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you might have experienced with overall arrival experience, this has been communicated directly to all concerned departments and corrective actions were taken to resolve the matter.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and we hope we can soon welcome you back at Concorde Doha.