“home away from home”

Ranked #61 of 135 Hotels in Doha
Doha, Qatar
“home away from home”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for over six months with our family(3 young children). We were practically pampered during all of our stay by all the fabulous staff. Everyone got out of their way to make us feel at home. My compliments go out particularly to Mr. Maurizio who was amazing, practically doing improvements on a dialy basis, with an impressive professionalism, seeming to have time to attend everyone's requests.The apartments were spacious, clean and comfortable. It was incredibly silent, even though located in a busy area. Right next door was a very well supplied supermarket which came in handy, for you didn't have to get in a car and face the horrendous traffic to go for the groceries! The breakfast was delicious and with a great variety to choose from. I certainly won't forget this hotel, for we've found and felt like being at home. It certainly was a great stay for all!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Daniela E, Manager at Al Safa Royal Suites Luxury Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear reviewer,

thank you very much for your kind words. I have passed your comments to all our team, and of course also to Maurizio.

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our facilities. I am happy to inform you that we have now also added free Wifi in all apartments to ensure our guests find all they need in their apartments.

We hope to see you and your family at our hotel soon again.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I came here relatively not familiar with the hotel. After the warm welcome at 1:30 AM, I knew this was the place to stay. The staff is unbelievably nice and welcoming. They went above and beyond to accommodate my needs and took pride in doing so. They make you feel like family. Every day they greet you and make you feel like you are their number #1 customer. I personally like the smiles and daily greeting of the day from the cleaning team and the front desk. I have been here for roughly 5 months and I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else while in Doha. The location is perfect, very close to the Souq, the mall and City Center, but everything I need is in the Souq. The price is reasonable and the restaurant is nice and clean. I guess the only negative is the variety for breakfast; I would like to see more. However, I'll sacrifice variety since all the other areas that they excel in are phenomenal.

Room Tip: N. West rooms are noiser, but the view at night is breathless.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Daniela E, Manager at Al Safa Royal Suites Luxury Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear reviewer,

Many thanks for taking the time to post such a fantastic recommendation & providing some great advice and insights for first time visitors. I am especially delighted to hear your comments about our team and will make sure to share your feedback with them.

I have to agree with you on your tip about the front facing apartments - the view of Westbay is wonderful. I would also like to thank you on your feedback about the breakfast, I shall discuss this with our F&B department. We always look to improve our service and your comments are greatly appreciated.

Thank you again for taking time to post this review.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We arrived in Doha for a 4-week business trip with 3 very young children and the team at Al Safa went over and above our expectations to deliver a 5-star service. The staff were warm, caring and helpful and made us feel at home. There is a potential for us to return to Doha later this year and there is no doubt we will be staying at Al Safa again! Our children are still asking when we are going back! Thank you to all the staff for a wonderful stay and for taking such good care fo us - it felt like a home away from home,

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Dear reviewer,

Many thanks for taking the time to post such wonderful review! It is always a pleasure to welcome guests here to the Lodge and we look forward to your return.

With kind regards
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I chose this hotel because I needed a reasonably priced suite so I could meet clients in the comfort of my own space which wasn't a bedroom. I also needed a hotel that could be easily located by others. Al Safa is easy to spot and was a good price, so I booked. I was greeted so warmly at reception that by the end of the stay, I felt like they were family. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they looked after our every need promptly and efficiently. We were each upgraded to two bedroomed apartments (there were three people in our party) and directed to the nearest supermarket if we wanted any supplies.
Having free wifi is important, and that was available in the public areas. A cable was provided for use in the room though I understand that wifi will soon be available throughout.
The swimming pool was under repair while I was staying so I can't comment on that and I didn't have time to visit the gym. The furniture in the lobby and cafe is quite extraordinary and we tried sitting on each one and taking photos. It was that impressive!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Dear reviewer,

thank you very much for your kind words. Our team is always delighted to hear that our guests had an enjoyable stay.

I am happy to say that the maintenance work you encountered at the swimming pool has been completed and the swimming pool is open as usual. As you mentioned we are installing Wifi in the rooms at the moment and estimated this work to be completed in 3 weeks so on your next visit to us you will find free Wifi in the apartments as well as the public area.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review and I hope I will be able to welcome you at Al Safa Royal Suites again soon.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I arrived at Al Safa Royal Suites at 6am following a long journey from Taiwan. I was greeted with a smile by the duty manager at reception who was fully prepared for my arrival and within 2 or 3 minutes I was in my very comfortable, spacious room. Complimentary bottled Water, toiletries, disposable razor, iron etc all in the room, what a change from most hotels where even a complimentary bottle is not usually available. Congratulations to the hotel on providing everything a tired traveller needs! I held 2 business diners in the restaurent and again was I impressed by the quality and service.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Daniela E, Manager at Al Safa Royal Suites Luxury Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I will happily pass on your kind comments to our team and I am sure that they will also prove useful for future guests seeking a recommendation and helpful advice for a stay in Doha.

San Francisco
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Overly decorated lobby greets when you arrive, but the furniture, fixtures and other pieces of art are amazing and incredible. Too much for my taste, but it looks right at home here in Doha. Money is all around the city. The breakfast at the hotel was outstanding but the best part of all was the price of the hotel, so incrediblly inexpensive.
When we checked in they did not have the correct information regarding bed accommodations, I had requested 2 double beds, but they had us done for 1, the immediately upgraded us to a 2 bedroom, full equipped suite for the same price.
The staff was helpful and most pleasant.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Daniela E, Manager at Al Safa Royal Suites Luxury Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Reviewer

Wow, such a glowing review! We are thrilled to find you enjoyed your stay in our spacious two-bedroom suite and greatly appreciate the time taken to feedback your comments for our future guests to read.

I have noticed that you found the location less advantageous. At the moment the work on the new railway station is cutting off the direct way to Souq Waqif but I hope you will be able to return to us once the Msheireb Project is completed and you will find that we are within walking distance of both, the buzzing new downtown as well as the Souq and the main train station.

Thank you again for taking time to give us your feedback.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2014

If you require a true flavour of a good hotel, a visit to this hotel is a must.
From the commencement to the conclusion of my stay, I was treated with care and consideration in all aspects.
Good food
Very friendly and professional staff, from management all the way through to cleaning operatives
Cleanliness to the highest degree
An exceptional place

Room Tip: I had a superb suite. All elements were to a high standard
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Dear reviewer,

thank you very much for your kind feedback and praise. We are very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and I will be glad to pass on your comments to our team.

Our aim is it to ensure that all our guests have a great experience and relaxing stay and from your comment I can see that our team is following our mission.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon and remain with