“services and atmospher”

Ranked #1 of 16 Nightlife in Doha
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“services and atmospher”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Lots of hotels in Doha has some privileges attracting many customers but W hotel has the most extremely services and atmosphere I have ever seen. I had an experience in Crystal that night and the night after, was really amazing , cant complain about the services and the systems.

Personal suggesting being customer , to keep maintain these systems frequently to be the best in Doha as this state is booming up now very quickly from business prospective.

Further more, I would like to thank the management of crystal and management of W hotel for the successful results of create the nice place to spend in the weekend.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Omar S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Turkish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Brand and services”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Crystal W has the best services i have ever seen comparing to another hotels in Doha ,music system , lighting system, frindly staff , security, arrangements are above expectation, the advanges such place is very uniqe, the enviroment and the atmospher one of main reasons been regular cutomer, i really would like to thank the management for such imprassive and magnificint choice of chosing the right staff to become the leading in to the market and also i will suggest my friends to join me here.

many thanks again for the managemnt for orgnizing the system in crystal

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Carlos V
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Passable”
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

choices in doha are not plenty for clubbing so crystal being considered one of the best clubs in doha is fine for Doha standards the club is either almost empty on days or completely packed on others. even at their famous rnb night music was not as good as expected; would visit again due to limited choice!

1 Thank lb-Amy
The Hague, The Netherlands
563 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 724 helpful votes
“Too much cruising and smoking”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Typical dancing club experience with nobody on the floor until midnight and then suddenly choc full. The DJ is actually quite good. A good mix of mostly young and beautiful people of all races and persuasions - the full color spectrum was represented and properly sampled! The two big reservations I have is that 1) a lot of smoking is going on, despite great ventilation your clothes smell terribly afterwards ...the attitude to smoking in teh Middle East is clearly different from US and Europe ... and 2) a lot of cruising over the dance floor mostly by non-dancing males who behave as if they own the place - this can perhaps be explained by the location of the dance floor as a fairly narrow passage in between two lounges where people can sit to have a drink, not a really smart design for a dance club. Otherwise the place has a posh and hip feel to it with the nicely red lit up ice buckets against a mostly black background.

There is a stiff fee and door policy for this palce, but hotel guests can waltz in past the queues ... note however room number and name is carefully checked.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Hermes_NL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Worst experience ever in W”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Please allow me to share my experience. I have not stayed in the hotel, but have been going to their restaurants, lounge and club regularly for the past year and a half. To my amazement, this past Tuesday, we made a reservation for a table at Crystal. When we arrived and mentioned that we had a reservation, we were told that we are not on the reservation list, and off course we did not ask for a reference number or confirmation number because it was confirmed to us by telephone. The manager stated that we could not enter as it is reservations only that evening. Funny thing is once he denied us access, people started streaming in, without even stating their names to be checked on the reservation list.

More people were getting denied, when I took a glance from far, I noticed that the manager was letting in only Caucasian's, Asians and Arabs only. All the people who were denied access were black people, of which I am one.

We went as far as asking th manager to give us a minimum charge for the night which are willing to pay in advance just so that we can get in, he still refused. When we asked him why the rules had changed since we had been coming here regulary, his answer was simply in the rudest manner 'because I said so'.

I have written this on W's facebook page twice already and both times it was deleted without a response or apology. Shows the professionalism indeed. Surely such a hotel will not be affected by 5 peoples revenue, but one would think that they would think twice about their reputation.

Nonetheless, my experience was undermining, embarrassing and frustrating. We were beyond shocked. This manager was literally moving us out of the way to welcome his fellow Arabic brothers and sisters as well as white people. The rest of the staff were also confused, telling us that they too do not understand what was going on.

That guy has completely ruined the image that I had of W Doha. Waiting to see if this too will get deleted without any response or care in the world.

Very disappointed individual...