“Very Nice Hotel on the beach”

Ranked #15 of 135 Hotels in Doha
Dominica
“Very Nice Hotel on the beach”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I loved this hotel especially the pool and the beach, very nice view and relaxing atmosphere. The rooms are nice and clean. I loved the buffet restaurant where you can find a big variety of food and most of them are delicious. We also had a drink in Begian Cafe very nice place to sit with friends.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
ICDOHA, General Manager at InterContinental Doha, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a feedback about your stay at InterContinental Doha.

We are more than happy to learn that you enjoyed your experience in the hotel. It's truly rewarding to receive such comments. We'll always strive hard to provide you the highest standard of service and facilities and provide you the true InterContinental service.

On behalf of the whole InterContinental Doha Team, we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel to host you. We hope to welcome you again soon!

Warm regards,

InterContinental Doha

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 1 September 2013

What can I say other than wonderful. I came here to celebrate my partners birthday, she was flying in from another location, at a different time, emails to organise flowers, limo pick up and drop off to the airport, bookings for massages in the spa was seamless, and the hotel staff could not do enough for us. Even after she had flown back out, all the staff asked about how her birthday surprises went and why she not here for breakfast. At all times I felt that they were always there with a smile and greeting. Follow up by the staff ensuring that everything was to our satisfaction was gratifying. I stayed over an extra few days and organising tours was handled in a speedy fashion, I only had to ask and it was there and ready. The surrounds were spectacular and the food and atmosphere was great. What more can I say, other than this has been one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at on my travels, when I come back to Doha, this hotel is my preferred choice.

Room Tip: Book a Sea View Room, Ensure you state smoking or non smoking
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to the Doha. We are very happy to know that you had a pleasant and memorable experience in our hotel and the birthday surprise for your special one went well. Your feedback inspires us to be the best host to all our guests.

We are sincerely looking forward to welcoming you at InterContinental Doha again.

Warm regards,

Redcar
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Spent the evening in the restaurant here and found it to be a wonderful place to be. Good food, good atmosphere, and stunning surroundings. Will be going back time and time again and hoping to get tickets to see Tom Jones on the 17th too.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments.

We are delighted to receive a review of such positive nature. It has always been the goal of InterContinental Doha to foster a warm ambiance and deliver the highest level of hospitality to our dear guests. And it is very rewarding that our efforts are being recognized and appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back in your future visits to Qatar especially during the concert of Tom Jones at the beach.

Regards,

Reviewed 18 August 2013

We have stayed in and visited many hotels in Doha, yet this is always the one we return to. Check in is swift, rooms are spacious and the pool/beach area is fantastic. Staff are extremely friendly and cant do enough for you, especially when there with children. Our little one wanted to live there. Breakfast is what you would expect from a great hotel, with a range of choices that should suit everyones needs, even the fussy little people.
By Doha standards it is reasonably priced in comparison with others, by UK standards, a little pricey, but hey, welcome to Doha...
Only criticism, as a parent, would be the lack of child size drinks, especially at the pool bar, as the price of even a juice makes you cringe when you know not even quarter will be drunk.

Room Tip: There are small couches in the rooms, which make a great beds for toddlers, saving luggage space fro...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
ICDOHA, General Manager at InterContinental Doha, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at InterContinental Doha.

We are very pleased that you found the room very spacious, the check-in experience was swift, the pool and beach was fantastic and that our staff were able to provide assistance to you throughout your stay who were very friendly especially on your children and for the wonderful breakfast with wide variety of choices.

I would also like to thank you for your constructive feedback regarding the drinks option in the pool especially for the children. We will look into this matter to further enhance our services and provide you with the utmost service you expect from us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

If you have any further issues or comments please do not hesitate to contact us at your convenience.

Yours Sincerely,

Majorca, Spain
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Been to or stayed at lots of Doha hotels. Really like this one.We had a problem at check in, which was quickly and professionaly resolved by the lovely Sophie, who came down to the pool to find us in 42c Afternoon heat. Love it when hotel staff are prepared to do a little extra for you. Stayed over Eid. Room wasn't classed as one of their 'luxury' rooms, but was beautiful all the same. Lovely bathroom.separate shower cubicle and bath,and some nice little extra touches in the room. Bed was very comfy!. Come to this hotel if you want to feel as if you're on holiday(Some of the large Doha Hotels feel like grand mausoleums!) it has a relaxed Mediterranean feel to it with lots of young people around..and the best beach of any of the hotels.There are always lots of staff around to help..and a good variety of resaurants. Only gripe I have is, that like some other hotels, they charge resident guests a ridiculous amount for bottled water around the pool area, so if your coming with a family...bring your own.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
ICDOHA, General Manager at InterContinental Doha, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Reading such a wonderful comment like yours is truly an inspiration to our team to keep up good works up in making the InterContinental Doha a leader in hospitality excellence and we are happy that you are able to appreciate our efforts. Your commendation for Sophie has been forwarded to her and praise for her excellent job and acknowledge her efforts to get the things sorted out for you. Thank you too for your constructive feedback. We are very glad to know feedback coming from our guests so we are able to know the things that we need to improve.

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Doha as your lodging of choice and we are excited to have you again.

Best regards,

Stockbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stayed at the hotel during during Ramadan in late July, having 1 king and 1 twin room. I had checked the rates at reception the week prior to my stay and was told quite clearly they were QAR700 for a standard room and QAR800 for a deluxe room, for double occupancy including breakfast. Not in a position to book that day, I left it for a few days until our plans were confirmed. Upon booking, despite being told by reception these rates were for the whole of Ramadan, the rates had risen and none would acknowledge they were ever in existence. In fairness to the hotel and the duty manager, they did upgrade my room I think for my booking but I still had to pay more for a standard room than I anticipated for the deluxe.

This theme of poor information continued though which is extremely poor for a hotel purporting to be 5 star. During a call from the duty manager to rectify my first issue, he categorically told me that if I visited their Facebook page I would find a voucher giving me 25% reduction on all hotel food outlets. We never found this and upon checking in asked again at reception, only to find this was not available any longer. This constant poor information is infuriating to customers; really infuriating.

Once in the hotel though, it is clear the beach and pool facilities are first class as is the general feel conveyed by the staff. You want for little and the hotel is as comfortable as you would expect it to be and very difficult to fault in any way.

My top tip would be to nail the hotel to its promises when they make them. For me, certainly regarding the discount on food, it was too late when checking in. Given I live in Doha and constantly want to use facilities like this, it will make me think before booking again. The slightly bad taste made us eat out of the hotel out of principle and I will certainly pay more attention to the competition when spending a few days away in future. My rating for service reflects more the poor information than the service you receive from bar and restaurant staff, which is first-rate.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
ICDOHA, General Manager at InterContinental Doha, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing your comments about your stay at InterContinental Doha.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the unsatisfactory experience and inconveniences you may have had. It is with regret to learn that we were not able to achieve our goal of providing our promises kept to our guest this time. We value your comments and we'll further look into this matter and take the necessary actions to correct the issues you have raised.

We hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you in our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for the beach club. It is the best in Doha, albeit expensive. Dining options here are terrible - and we ate at all the options. The greek place outside by the pool is ok, saved by a nice location and to be fair there is a seafood place outside that is also ok. All dining options inside the hotel are poor, as is the poolside place (not the greek one). Rooms are fine 4 star. This place is saved by the beach and pool, which are comparatively pretty good.

• Stayed December 2012
ICDOHA, General Manager at InterContinental Doha, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking a moment of your valuable time posting a review here on TripAdvisor.

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback and we shall certainly be looking at your comments. I can assure you, your comments have been taken seriously and improvements to further enhance our products and service offerings.

Thank you once again for sharing your valuable comments on TripAdvisor, I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the not too distant future.