“Great experience”

InterContinental Doha
Ranked #16 of 140 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My stay at InterContinental was a superb one. Their staff is incredible service orientated and nothing is too much to make you feel a special guest. The gym and the pool are amazing and again surrounded by an incredible staff. The restaurants provide you with delicous food and nice wines. I loved the Friday Brunch with a buffet of high quality and a relaxed atmosphere

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
RaquelG0818, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear Resia65,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write a 5-review.

We are so thrilled to read your excellent feedback about our hotel facilities and service. At the InterContinental Doha, we take pride in providing the highest standards of service and it is very heartwarming that guest appreciated it.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at the InterContinental Doha on your future trip to Qatar.

Best regards,

Public Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,046)

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is a very nice hotel with plenty of facilities to keep you entertained or help you relax. The breakfast is great and you have a good choice for dinner including a Belgian Café on site and Shisha area out doors by the pool.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Scottkjs,

Thank you for taking the time to write a 5-star review regarding your experience at the InterContinental Doha.

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and our facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon at the InterContinental Doha.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I enjoyed this hotel though I couldn't quite bring myself to give it 4 out of 5--it's certainly got the standards of a 4-star hotel but some significant negatives detract from the overall favorable impression.
The hotel is appealing in terms of ambiance and decor, and especially the pool and beach areas are great. All staff members I encountered were very friendly and generally spoke quite good English. The room was in good shape, well maintained, and spacious (I had a regular city view room). I very much enjoyed the outside bar area where you can have a drink at night or smoke a shisha.
On the negative side, there is major construction going on right next to the hotel. I didn't hear much of it but if your room is close to it, I can imagine it might get very noisy. Also, the walls between the rooms are paper thin: I was woken up one morning by housekeeping cleaning the room next door at 715 am. The food at Coral was mediocre at best in my view. There were quite a few choices for breakfast and dinner (I didn't have lunch there) but the quality was not amazing, especially for the baked goods, which tended to taste bitter, and the coffee, which tended to be weak. The location wasn't great either unless you have a car.
Overall, this is a nice hotel, but it has some drawbacks.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
ICDOHA, Manager at InterContinental Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear melbguy,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am happy to hear that hotel is appealing in terms of the ambiance and the decor as well as the pool and beach facilities. I am also thrilled to read your feedback about our colleagues and I am also very glad that you have tried one of our bars that you have enjoyed. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the noise from the construction and from our housekeeping colleagues. I wish it hadn't impacted your stay. Thank you for your valuable feedback and for letting us know our areas to improve. We'll strive hard to improve our products and services offered to our guest and we are so thankful that you let us know as only through you, we are able to know our weaknesses.

I hope this doesn't deter you from staying with us again in the future.

Ariel Bustillo
Quality Manager

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This hotel is amazing! Guest services is extremely friendly, helpful, and everyone spoke English! The rooms are spacious, comfortable, and extremely clean. The location was great as well. You are a few minutes from the boardwalk, golf course, big pearl, and souks. The hotel grounds is what sold me. The gym is great for an early morning work out, but the outdoors are great for all day activities. You can play volleyball, paddle in the Gulf, or explore the yacht club. I threw my fishing lines out on the jetties, got in the pool, enjoyed a rum and coke, and watched my lines as the fish nibbled on my bait. The fishing was great. This is an extremely relaxing hotel that I recommend to anyone if staying in the Doha area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
RaquelG0818, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Bobby W,

We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again at InterContinental Doha.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I spent a weekend at this hotel and it was great. Once the car was parked and we checked in, we didn't get back in the car until we had checked out and were ready to leave! Everything that you need is here: clubs, live music, bars, restaurants, swimming pool, beach, gym, etc....The service was excellent, the staff were friendly, and the rooms were very comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Miss_Yazz,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I took my family on a business trip to Doha, we have chosen this hotel because it has the beach right next to and have restaurants in it.

Pro: Good for family. we enjoyed the beach, sand, big and clean pool, shaded play ground with sand, nice view looking over the bay, friendly staff.

Con: it is a bit away from city and you have to order the taxi if you need to go out of this zone. You may catch a taxi if someone just got dropped off, but the chance is not that good.

Tip: it is worth to add another USD 100/day to join the club, it may seems a lot, but everything is so expensive in Doha, and the club membership will cover the light snacks in the afternoon and evening, which is great if you are traveling with children, you never know when they are hungry. and as a tourist, we can't drive around looking for food, and formal meals are expensive everywhere. And the quality of the snack food is superb, can beat a formal meal, plus unlimited drinks (which I can't enjoy due to allergic to alcohol).

Room Tip: High floor, with bay view of course!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank teaboss

Dear Teaboss,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for your 5-star review.

We are delighted to know that you and your family have enjoyed your stay with us.

Kindly be advised that we offer a daily scheduled shuttle service to City Center, Souq Wakif and the Airport. For your next visit to our hotel, you may approach our Concierge Desk for further assistance.

We hope to see you again at InterContinental Doha.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

With another great experience in my favourite hotel in Doha , I would like to thank all the management and staff,
especially the Coral restaurant staff for the great service and best hospitality. This is one of the best resort especially for families,

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Tarek A,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience at the InterContinental Doha.

We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and rest assured that we will pass your positive feedback to the Management and to Coral Restaurant Team.

We hope to see you again at InterContinental Doha.