InterContinental Doha
US$113
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
1,085 results
All reviewscoral restaurantbelgian cafegreek restaurantfish marketmykonos restaurantthe club loungeprivate beachnew wingpool areabuilding worklarge poolsea viewbuilding sitemain restaurantexcellent hotelthe pearlduty manager
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I'm currently visiting Doha on a business mission and it is my first time at their intercontinental, West Bay. Staff is very welcoming and smiling. Very professional and paying proper attention to all details.
My room was ready as requested on my arrival. Very clean and neat. Defiantly recommend.

Note: Ask for Ms. Silvia at the reception area. She is a great help!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Sameh S
ICDOHA, Manager at InterContinental Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking a moment of your valuable time writing a review regarding your recent stay at the InterContinental Doha.

I am very glad that you have chosen our hotel as your lodging of choice while on business trip here in Doha. I am also very pleased to read with your excellent comments about the hotel and the service that our team has provided. I have forwarded your feedback to the entire team and your commendation for Szilvia.

We hope you will stay with us again whenever you travel back to Doha.

Kind regards,

Ariel Bustillo
Quality Manager

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Always stay here in Doha every three months or so. Staff and rooms are on the money. Very attentive, happy & genuine.

I eat in the Belgian Bar Cafe, which suits me as steaks are good with great beer and sports on TV. One thing I always do and is a top tip, book the club room. For about $75 per day you get snacks and a great breakfast. Coffee is unlimited. May not seem a big deal, but is about $8-10 a cup by the pool as is coke.

1  Thank sophielaura
RaquelG0818, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear sophielaura,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience at the InterContinental Doha.

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in one of our Club Rooms as well as your dining experience at Belgian Cafe.

We hope to see you again at InterContinental Doha.

Regards,

Reviewed 6 June 2014

My stay at InterContinental was a superb one. Their staff is incredible service orientated and nothing is too much to make you feel a special guest. The gym and the pool are amazing and again surrounded by an incredible staff. The restaurants provide you with delicous food and nice wines. I loved the Friday Brunch with a buffet of high quality and a relaxed atmosphere

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
RaquelG0818, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear Resia65,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write a 5-review.

We are so thrilled to read your excellent feedback about our hotel facilities and service. At the InterContinental Doha, we take pride in providing the highest standards of service and it is very heartwarming that guest appreciated it.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at the InterContinental Doha on your future trip to Qatar.

Best regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is a very nice hotel with plenty of facilities to keep you entertained or help you relax. The breakfast is great and you have a good choice for dinner including a Belgian Café on site and Shisha area out doors by the pool.

Dear Scottkjs,

Thank you for taking the time to write a 5-star review regarding your experience at the InterContinental Doha.

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and our facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon at the InterContinental Doha.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I enjoyed this hotel though I couldn't quite bring myself to give it 4 out of 5--it's certainly got the standards of a 4-star hotel but some significant negatives detract from the overall favorable impression.
The hotel is appealing in terms of ambiance and decor, and especially the pool and beach areas are great. All staff members I encountered were very friendly and generally spoke quite good English. The room was in good shape, well maintained, and spacious (I had a regular city view room). I very much enjoyed the outside bar area where you can have a drink at night or smoke a shisha.
On the negative side, there is major construction going on right next to the hotel. I didn't hear much of it but if your room is close to it, I can imagine it might get very noisy. Also, the walls between the rooms are paper thin: I was woken up one morning by housekeeping cleaning the room next door at 715 am. The food at Coral was mediocre at best in my view. There were quite a few choices for breakfast and dinner (I didn't have lunch there) but the quality was not amazing, especially for the baked goods, which tended to taste bitter, and the coffee, which tended to be weak. The location wasn't great either unless you have a car.
Overall, this is a nice hotel, but it has some drawbacks.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
ICDOHA, Manager at InterContinental Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear melbguy,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am happy to hear that hotel is appealing in terms of the ambiance and the decor as well as the pool and beach facilities. I am also thrilled to read your feedback about our colleagues and I am also very glad that you have tried one of our bars that you have enjoyed. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the noise from the construction and from our housekeeping colleagues. I wish it hadn't impacted your stay. Thank you for your valuable feedback and for letting us know our areas to improve. We'll strive hard to improve our products and services offered to our guest and we are so thankful that you let us know as only through you, we are able to know our weaknesses.

I hope this doesn't deter you from staying with us again in the future.

Ariel Bustillo