“Classy One”

Doha Marriott Hotel
Ranked #35 of 137 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 4 November 2013

A good stay nice location near to the airport and great view of the sea is what could summarize of my stay in Marriot Doha. Nice place to stay. People who are new to Doha be aware that there are 2 Marriot's in Doha and tell your taxi driver that your stay is near the airport in order to avoid confusion. You should not miss this place and will see it from your flight itself! Also note that free wifi is available only in the lobby area so if you want to surf the internet you would have to come down.

1  Thank Exce008
Katie R, Public Relations Manager at Doha Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Exce008

Thank you from the Doha Marriott team for taking the time to post your recent review. All feedback is important to us no matter how candid. You tip regarding the taxi is a very good tip to point out to future guests. It’s always good to state specifically which property you are visiting to avoid any confusion. We do have a large lobby area as you mention, which is a great space for working quietly on business utilizing the complimentary wifi, or meeting friends for a more social visit.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back on your future trips to Doha.

Kind Regards
Katie

Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my weekend with marriott ...and it wad so wonderful. ..luv such a place...going to pass by and have a good time again....and also I love your food with such a nice buffet ....the waiter's n waitress are really nice and talk to customer wif Hamble voice

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Katie R, Public Relations Manager at Doha Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Emmanuelbaka8
Many thanks for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent stay with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed the Doha Marriott and that you were able to sample and appreciate our delicious buffet food. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Wishing you all the best from the Doha Marriott team!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

As a resident of Qatar I've visited this hotel before for brunch but we found a great deal to attend the new late beach bbq brunch (brunch but its 5pm-11pm) anyway, for only 500qrs per person you can attend the brunch with free flowing bubbly and plenty of food, double room, access to pool and beach, nightclub and then breakfast the next day too. All in all absolutely great value for money, well worth it for a staycay and even though the hotel is a little dated by Doha standards (because everywhere here is so new) it was clean, spacious and fine for a one night stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear sunnybunny7381
We were delighted to read your recent review. Its amazing to hear that even as a resident here in Qatar, you are still able to enjoy our hotel facilities and of course our new Late Brunch. The overnight stay with brunch is a great way to spend your weekend at a reasonable price, and we very much look forward to welcoming you back. Once again, thank you for the review, and we wish you all the best. Kind Regards, Doha Marriott team :-)

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Stayed here for just over three weeks . The room service manager mr V is an exceptional gentleman . The service he and is staff provide is exceptional to say the least . I became un well from an alergy. Mr V did everything he could to help me even offering to come visit me in hospital and gave me his number and said call me 24/7 amazing person.
The hotel is lovely place to stay a little out of the way and close to the airport, restaurants are very good but food is expensive alcohol is also very expensive. The beach is quite smal but very well kept as are the gardens,staff very friendly and helpful . Great Mexican style band in the Salsa restaurant. Good steak restaurant,bit expensive but food great! Soft drinks quite expensive £3.00 for coke pepsi etc cans.

Dear tonyleon2013
Many thanks for taking the time to post you review of your recent stay with us. We are happy that overall, your experience with us was positive, and that you were able to highlight the many positive aspects of your stay here. We have passed on your commets regarding the soft drink prices to our management team for their review. We very much hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel in the future, and in the meantime, we wish you all the best. Kind Regards, Doha Marriott Team

Reviewed 2 November 2013

I spent a week in this hotel and it is a very nice place if in Doha. located close to airport arrivals and to other city landmarks .the lobby has free Wi-Fi and great pool and beach front. lots of activities on the weekends in the hotel and great spa. the beach waters are very clean and shallow. rooms where I stayed where good but with no tea coffee maker ,which I think is not good. clean and nice view out of the rooms. big rooms with all facilities. only thing this is a old property taken over by Marriott hence this old feeling

Room Tip: don't choose rooms ending with 8,9 like 128 ,129
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Spent two nights on two different occasions during Ramadan and the hotel lived up to quality service, comfortable rooms and great food.

I love the complimentary coffee and tea service that they bring to your room with a push of a button, I used this service three or four times a day and each and every time they brought complimentary beverages with a genuine warm smile.

I paid cash for my room and room deposit and was very impressed for the first time ever to see a hotel that is happy to hold my foreign currency cash and only change what is needed at the end of my stay, every other hotel I have used in the past immediately wants to change the cash into local currency and whatever is left has to then be changed back into my local currency losing money along the way.

Having never been to the Middle East during Ramadan I thought the restrictions would have made it difficult for non Muslims and I was wrong, the hotel staff kindly pointed out areas that would be kind of us to observe during the holy month and they went out of their way to accommodate our needs.

Doha is an amazing place, I loved every minute of the day I spent there and on the last day by chance I was taken to Souq Waqif which just took my breath away, 4 months later and Doha is always on my mind.

Doha Marriot is close to the airport, 5 minutes max and cost about US$6 by taxi from the airport.

Qatari people are relaxed, friendly and easy going, always happy to help or reciprocate with a smile, their country is easy to navigate and without the stress or stumbling blocks that can be found in the Western world.

During the day the hotel was not busy, it was very hot outside and at night the hotel came alive with locals breaking their fast and spending quality time with their families out and about.

Doha is a very safe city, you can go anywhere and never feel insecure which really makes me relax and enjoy myself which I did.

Thank you Marriott Doha and all the lovely people of Qatar for welcoming my mother and I to your beautiful city and making us feel so welcome.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CaptainCarlPerth
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I spent 9 months staying in this hotel during the work week in Doha and can say that it is definitely
a home away from home.
My first impression was that the hotel was a bit outdated, because I like more modern furniture, but they have a classical style, that even with renovations will never change, so it is not an issue, unless you have problems with classic!
The service is excellent, they really value the guest and go out of their way to make sure you leave the hotel happy. As I stayed very long time I had some minor issues here and there, but they were always treated by the management as important things and unacceptable. A solution or work around would always be given in short time and lots of sincere apologizes and feedback would happen, showing how they value you.
I cannot even start talking about the executive lounge, the staff there is precious, they really go out of their way to make you happy, they are always in a great mood and some time there always lights up the mood after a stressful day.
Breakfast is excellent, great staff also, amazing variety.
I highly recommend this hotel in Doha.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business