Doha Marriott Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$256
US$122
US$113
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsclose to the airportcorniche restaurantview barjw steakhousesmall private beachthe executive loungebit datedpool sidethursday nightnice poolf brooms are largesushithe pearlbusiness tripwest bayrasoi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Doha marriot is fantastic place to visit and stay..but reservations should know exactly what they are saying specially rates. I have been told by Filipino agent that this would be the price that i need to pay..but on the reception they are asking me different rates.. I have informed ahmed the agent i guess that this is the price that the reservation told me. He called the confirmed with the reservation and said that i was wrong..thats wonderful. Good jod reservation..you just made me a lier.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Matt M
DohaMarriottHotel, General Manager at Doha Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Matt M,

Warm greetings from Doha Marriott. Thank you for taking the time to write to us about your stay. I am very happy to read that you enjoy staying with us and we always want to ensure that each of your stays are as comfortable as they can be. I apologize about your encounter regarding the rates, and I will surely look into this on both the reception and reservations side so that this does not happen again. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I am frequent business traveller across entire Middle East for the last 3-4 years. I stayed at the Doha Marriott for 4 nights and I am not impressed at all with the hotel. It doesn't reflect the Marriott service levels across other countries. To start with:
1. The hotel Wi-fi connectivity is an absolute mess. It took me ages to connect my laptop, phone and tablet to the wi-fi to start with. Every time you come back from outside, you go through the whole mess again of trying to connect to the web. The signal just drops any time and its a bit of a pain when you are trying to work from the room. It's a shame that no one has fixed this yet despite plenty of complaints in the reviews below.
2. This is one of those rare hotels where you can be dismissed / outright rejected for simple requests.
- Made a request to the lady at the egg counter to season my omlette - No Sir, you can season it yourself.
- Requested for a local cab to go into the city - Sorry sir. We cannot call a cab. You can wait till a cab comes in. And I waited for 35 mins for a cab at +40 deg temperature. And there was a line of 6-7 people waiting behind for a cab ! Not five star service I would say.
3. The hotel is closer to the airport but that's about it. There is nothing close by, can't walk anywhere, no cabs available. So you are pretty much stuck in there.
4. I visited during ramadan and guess what ! All restaurants are shut for a month for maintenance. You can order from the limited all-day dining restaurant, but its a shame that I had a travel out to other hotels for 4 nights to get some good food.

All in all, quite a disappointment and from what I read, there are plenty of 5 star options in Doha to try out !

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kaks30
DohaMarriottHotel, General Manager at Doha Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Kaks30,

Warm greetings from Doha Marriott. Thank you for taking the time to write to us about your stay. I deeply apologize regarding the issues that have arisen during your time with us. I have noted each of your concerns and assure you that I take this as top priority to review and discuss with the other concerned departments to see how we can resolve the issues to make our guests feel more comfortable during their stay. I reassure you that as Marriott we strive to make our guests feel at home and use all feedback to improve and avoid instances like this in the future.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I've been staying in this hotel on and off for the past four years while working on a project in Doha. As business hotels go, it is excellent. Comfortable rooms, good service, nice staff. JJ, the guy who answers the phone for their guest services, is a constant that I've come to rely on to look after me.

That being said, their in-house and room service dining is unexceptional. The food is adequate and mostly uninspired. You can get a good curry, for example, but most everything else is pretty meh. The biggest disappointment is the breakfast buffet. It's expensive and for the most part tasteless. I never thought someone could cook an omelet that was so utterly mediocre as to be not worth eating, but they have.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the Old Tower on the water side. You'll get a balcony that way - which is nice in the evening - and you'll be away from the worst of the noise from the airport.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear hfulghum,

Warm greetings from Doha Marriott. Thank you for taking the time to write to us about your experiences. I am pleased to note that you found our rooms, service consistent and that our associates were reliable and made you feel looked after during your stay. I do apologize that our food services didn’t meet your expectations; we will look into this as it is our priority to consider everything you have mentioned in order to improve and provide better quality dishes.

We look forward to welcoming you back again during your next business trips.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The Doha Marriott happened to be one of the closest hotels to the airport and a last minute deal online made us go for this one. If you survive the immigration process (welcome to hell), it is really worth to take advantage of this beautiful hotel and take some rest before flying the next day. The room was extremely spacious, service was good and breakfast very nice. We didn't get to enjoy the rest of the amenities but they looked promising.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FrenchieOnTheRoad
DohaMarriottHotel, General Manager at Doha Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear FrenchieOnTheRoad,

Warm greetings from the Doha Marriott. Thank you for taking the time in writing your kind review about your short stay with us. It was a joy to read your review and I appreciate the fact that you mentioned our location near the airport, spacious rooms, breakfast and service. We do hope to welcome you back again soon so that you can experience the rest of our facilities as well as take a tour of Doha.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I haven't been to the Doha Marriott in a while and it was such a great feeling to be back recently. The staff (Marriott calls everyone associates, which I like) is very professional and helpful. Room was excellent. Restaurants are all excellent with Asian, Mexican (probably the weakest…), Indian, and a superb buffett for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Its close to the new airport, which, depending on where you're doing business, can be very convenient. There are many good hotels in Doha, but I always feel at home when I'm at the Marriott.

Room Tip: For a little extra, you can stay in the executive wing, which includes access to the business lounge with includes breakfast, snacks most of the day, and light dinner. Business lounge staff very helpful.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Adventureman1492
DohaMarriottHotel, General Manager at Doha Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Adventureman1492,

Warm greetings from Doha Marriott. Thank you for taking the time in writing your kind review about your experience with us. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the service of our associates and that they were professional and helpful during your stay, as we strive for each day. As you mentioned we are located a short taxi ride from the new Hamad International Airport, making it convenient for travelers on business. It is great to see that you feel at home at the Doha Marriott, meaning we have succeeded in our daily goals to make our guests feel like they never left home.

We are looking forward and excited to welcoming you back to the Doha Marriott on your next travels.