“Good stay!”

Ranked #32 of 134 Hotels in Doha
Richmond, United Kingdom
“Good stay!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed here for approximately 2wks as my husband is here for a bit. Hence we cannot judge the price and booking process.
The hotel is approximately 15 mins away from the hotel, we stayed at the newer section. The Lobby is beautiful and very spacious. Our room was a a good size and clean, the bed is huge, felt like a Super King Size, the bathroom looks a bit tired, we had a mini bar but no tea making facilities. We had some noisy children running down the corridor one late evening, when we called the reception, they sorted it out.
The gym has everything you need with a view onto the sea and Adam was happy to help with any equipment.
The SteakHouse is a must! This was the best steak I have ever had, the mushroom was creamy, I will definitely go back again for this! Pricey though £90 for 2pax.
We had access to the executive Lounge and the staff there was fantastic, particularly Jubilee. He is a gem to Marriot, always smiling and attentive! Every night they have food from one of their Restaurants ( Mexican/Indian/steakhouse/ Sushi place) every day of the week. If you can afford it and pay extra it is worth it. They have breakfast in the morning and a chef is there if you want a special omelette, during the day you can always grab a drink and a nibble from there.
The swimming pool is massive and the beach area charming for Doha, we loved sitting by the beach in the evening, calm area! They have a little play area and my 9years old did not get bored.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
DohaMarriottHotel, General Manager at Doha Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Rhina_d,

Warm greetings from Doha Marriott. Thank you for taking the time in writing about your experience with us. I do apologize about the small details that you mentioned, however I am pleased to note that overall you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our various facilities and services. I will certainly pass on your kind messages to our Executive Lounge staff. That’s great that you had the opportunity to try out our JW’s Steakhouse, as it’s one of the best in the city!

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next travels to show you what more we have to offer.

John H.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Chicago
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed at the Doha Marriott for a week on business. it is located close to the airport, and a little closer to the industrial district if you will be working there. Its not located close to the downtown (West-Bay) or any shopping or markets. There are several restaurants in the hotel and the Pearl Lounge is a popular night spot. The pool is large and very nice. The beach is little small and surrounded by boat harbors and yacht clubs but well maintained and good enough for a quick swim in the gulf. I paid a little extra for a room in the executive tower, which gave me access to the executive club. This was definitely worth the extra cost. The club included breakfast, dinner, snacks, and happy hours in the evening with a few free drinks. The staff is very friendly and accommodating to any request.

Room Tip: Executive room is worth the cost.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
DohaMarriottHotel, General Manager at Doha Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Brian D,

Warm greetings from Doha Marriott. Thank you for taking the time in writing about your recent stay with us. As you have mentioned we are a short taxi ride away from the airport and a10 minute ride from the city center. We are also located near the Souq Waqif (Market), a nice place to visit if you are looking for a great cultural experience. I am pleased that you enjoyed using our various facilities and services; I will also pass on your kind comments to our Executive Lounge associates.

We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next travels to Doha.

Qatar
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I booked for weekend with wife and two kids, everything was enjoying in the hotel till 2.00AM.
Somebody was trying to open my room and he was having access card, fortunately door was chain locked. when i reached the door the guy just escaped.
there was no action from reception when I complain, only sorry this might be house keeping!!

any way outdoor swimming pool was perfect & beach B.B.Q dinner was superb.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Shadykraimesh
DohaMarriottHotel, General Manager at Doha Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Shadykraimesh,

Warm greetings from Doha Marriott. Thank you for taking the time in sharing your experience with us. I am happy that you enjoyed our outdoor swimming pool, beach area and BBQ dinner. I sincerely apologize about what happened, and I want to assure you that we take security situations like this very seriously. I will personally follow up with the team here and ensure that we find the source of this issue.

Thank you for your feedback and we do hope to welcome you once again at the Doha Marriott.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I reserved 3 suites and 3 rooms for three nights which I previously asked and confirmed that they are connected with Ahmed. I came by the hotel four days before the desired booked days and booked there by myself. In addition to that I confirmed my reservation the day before by phone. When I arrived there on 29th of July, I was shocked that everything was changed like there was not any reservation in the beginning. Only one suite and a room where connected where the other rooms were not. I waited there from 2:30 till 7 in the evening to solve their problem which I should not have encountered in the very beginning. They were sending me a different person (Egyptian lady) whom I had to explain the whole problem all over again, and she did not do me any good. Finally, the Office Manager (Rana) came to me to discuss the problem all over again and this was after 5 hours of waiting in the lobby, needless to say that my whole family was with me. It was very frustrating and upsetting that they tried to solve the problem (which is their's) by giving me a very bad alternatives like they tired to give me two connected rooms in the other building with a lower price. I mean I'm asking for a suite and you're giving this. Then they tried to give me another deal which is a separated room and suite which I almost took because I did not want to upset my family in our Eid holiday. To my shock, when I went to see the rooms they were giving me, the rooms were on the smoking floor(which I asked before and also confirmed to not have a room on a smoking floor). They literally ruined our holiday and after all these deals and offers I returned home and I don't think I'll ever be going there again or recommend it for anyone. I just want to clarify that we got two suites with connected rooms for my other two families and they stayed only a night for another problem they encountered.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank No0on2006
DohaMarriottHotel, General Manager at Doha Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear No0on2006,

Warm greetings from the Doha Marriott. Thank you for taking the time in sharing your experience with us. I sincerely apologize if there was any miscommunication or misunderstanding during the booking of your stay. We spare no effort to make our guest stay as comfortable as possible and therefore we do not guarantee our guests any special request upon booking especially during any busy period. These requests are always subject to availability at the time of check in. Should the guests special request be unavailable we will always provide various alternatives to enhance their stay if any issues arise.

Once again thank you so much for your feedback and we do hope you will give us another chance to show you the Marriott service.

Thank you.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

It was very nice experience to stay in Doha Marriot hotel , I enjoyed too much with my family , staff on reception are very helpful specially Mr. REY was gentle man, room space is more enough , bed is comfortable, restaurants and food very delicious, pool and beach is very wonderful. My room was on sea view and it is amazing. I stayed during Eid Holiday and Really it was very nice vacation and It is perfect resort for relaxation.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Ahmed H,

Warm greetings from Doha Marriott. Thank you for taking the time in writing about your recent stay over Eid holidays at our hotel. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with your family and found our service helpful and rooms spacious. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to stay with us in the near future!

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

We thought we would try somewhere different for eid brunch. Unfortunately we were sat within the Indian restaurant which was a bit gloomy and dark and didn't really have a nice atmosphere. The good choice was plenty and good quality for a doha brunch. Sushi was lovely and fresh and lots of nice salads and curries etc. not sure I would rush back but was an ok experience.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank S2331
DohaMarriottHotel, General Manager at Doha Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear S2331,

Warm greetings from Doha Marriott. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us during your brunch. I am happy to note that you enjoyed the sushi and the variety of dishes that we have to offer. Perhaps Taj Rasoi was not the right pick for you, we do have a variety of other areas with different atmospheres to sit during brunch such as the Corniche which you can recommend at the time of booking your table to ensure you have the best experience possible.

I do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Doha marriot is fantastic place to visit and stay..but reservations should know exactly what they are saying specially rates. I have been told by Filipino agent that this would be the price that i need to pay..but on the reception they are asking me different rates.. I have informed ahmed the agent i guess that this is the price that the reservation told me. He called the confirmed with the reservation and said that i was wrong..thats wonderful. Good jod reservation..you just made me a lier.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Matt M
DohaMarriottHotel, General Manager at Doha Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear Matt M,

Warm greetings from Doha Marriott. Thank you for taking the time to write to us about your stay. I am very happy to read that you enjoy staying with us and we always want to ensure that each of your stays are as comfortable as they can be. I apologize about your encounter regarding the rates, and I will surely look into this on both the reception and reservations side so that this does not happen again. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again soon.