2,408 results
All reviewsla verandairish pubthe club loungeoldest hoteltennis courtssea viewsitting areahealth clubspecial thanksprivate beachroom serviceduty managerexcellent serviceamazing hotelfour seasonsharplatino
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I have had the privilege to stay at the Sheraton for a fortnight on a business trip. An extensive traveller with 15 years’ experience of international assignments across the globe in more than 60 countries, I have to say that the excellence in service achieved by the whole team is unrivalled. An unparalleled commitment to helping, pleasing, supporting and addressing customers’ needs from the entire team has made the organisation of a world class event possible.

It is only because of the constant availability and kind attention of this superb team, of its proactivity and adaptability to all situations that the world conference our people were organising has been possible. All stakeholders were extremely grateful to every single staff member at the Sheraton for their involvement and for giving their very best at all times.
The quality of all staff members and their ability to leverage their capabilities to best interact with customer sis outstanding and deserves recognition.

I wish to express my deepest gratitude to the managers and staff members in charge of housekeeping, events, general services, foods and beverages. Among them, Aramis and Abrame are real stars and the Sheraton is lucky to have them !

Only point down is the unbelievably loud and tacky disco on the mezzanine floor that can prevent you from sleeping every night until 2 am. This disgrace of a place should be closed down if you ask me.

Thanks for making this assignment an unforgettable experience

Room Tip: sea view (splendid location) high floor (get away from the disco)
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank GwenFirenze
SheratonDohaManager, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear GwenFirenze,

thank you very much for writing a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was very pleased that your stay was overall enjoyable and that you were particularly impressed with my colleagues who assisted you during your stay. Rest assured that I will be sharing your kind review with all concerned and I can guarantee you, that everyone will be very happy to know that their efforts to make your stay more memorable has not gone unnoticed. I have also taken note of your comments with regards to the Nightclub and we will review your comments with the Department Head concerned to ensure that the ambiance and the noise level of the club is improved. Again, many thanks for sharing your views – we look forward to welcoming you back to Doha soon and in the meantime, I remain with kind regards,

Yours sincerely,

thomasvan.opstal@sheraton.com

Reviewed 13 November 2013

This hotel is right on the Persian Gulf and the beach is beautiful and swimming great. They have a nice roped off swimming area with two docks and it is one of the few places in Qatar you can wear a western bathing suit. It is right downtown, close to everything and you can walk along the cornice.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Allinmi
SheratonDohaManager, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear Allinmi,

thank you very much for your kind review of our resort on TripAdvisor – it is nice to read that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and that the resort facilities met your expectations! I do hope that you will visit us again sometime soon and in the meantime, please do let me know if I ever can be of assistance to you in any way! Kind regards,

thomasvan.opstal@sheraton.com

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed here for a few nights and loved it. The staff were very friendly and not so brain dead like other hotels.

I made a reservation for a sea view room, a month prior. As approached reception they gave me a land view room? So i started shouting at the top of my voice and finally i got what i actually reserved. As for the rooms, they were nice. The AC was working, as was the TV. I actually liked the room alot, as it has a separate sleeping and sitting area on different levels and a very spacious balcony

The beach was wonderful but service at the beach was so so slow- i ordered burger and chips and they came to me cold after 40mins waiting time, they took it back and brought it to me again after another 30mins (the guy serving me, actually forgot), it looked like they just threw the whole thing in the microwave for a minute as the bread was all damp, i sent it back and didnt pay for it. They forced me to pay for it by threating to call the police saying i would be put in jail for the rest of my trip, but as soon as i asked to speak to the GM they scurried off while giving me dirty looks, i didnt order any more from them for the rest of my trip as they looked like they were going to poison me or something.

Latino resteraunt in the evening was very nice- no issue there.

I went to a bar on the ground floor called Irish. The type of people there were not nice, someone smacked me in the back of the head and when i asked to speak to the manager, one of the staff pointed to an english guy in a black suit sitting with his friends actually drinking acholol and looked very intoxicated, laughing and pointing at a band. I thought forget it and checked out another bar called waterhole upstairs.

The waterhole was very nice, the staff were not intoxicated and the manager was very nice. But there was a black security guard there giving me dirty looks and consitintatly kept staring at me, i felt very uncomfortable there. As i was leaving this security guard came upto me a snorted in my face.

The gym was nice, very spacious and alot of machines.

Room Tip: If you dont get what you want when you check in, shout at the top of your voice and you will get was you paid for.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Barfine R
SheratonDohaManager, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear 147snooker,

thank you very much for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you apparently encountered and if at all possible, I would appreciate it if you were to contact me directly in order for me to review your individual experiences with you personally as some of the experiences you encountered seem to be completely out of the norm at our hotel and I certainly would like to learn more about what exactly occurred during your visit at our hotel. I look forward to hearing from you and remain,

Yours sincerely,

Thomasvan.opstal@sheraton.com

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I stayed there for 4 nights for a conference. The first impression is that it looks dated and indeed it was the first 5 star hotel built in Doha. Since many more have been built in the same area. The facilities are excellent especially the sport centre with tennis courts, squash courts, huge gym. The outdoor swimming pool and the small beach are more for fun and sun bedding. The service was excellent and the breakfast choice (my main point of comparison with other hotels) was great. The location is perfect for business. I have also seen a big shopping mall at walking distance from the hotel. In the evening you can walk alongside the cornish for cooler air. The room decor could do with an update but it is very clean and very comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
SheratonDohaManager, Manager at Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Christel88_13, thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! It was indeed a pleasure to read your feedback as well as share it amongst our team.
We most certainly look forward to welcome you back to our hotel and in the meantime, I remain with kind regards, Ashraf Siessy, Hotel Manager, Sheraton Doha Resort & Convention Hotel, ashraf.siessy@sheraton.com

Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

On a vacation holiday with my family. ...we had a nice time...with the luxurious buffet ....I really had a lot of fun....and will never forget this wonderful holiday in life....such an amazing place to be....

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends