2,393 results
All reviewsla verandairish pubthe club loungeoldest hoteltennis courtssea viewsitting areahealth clubspecial thanksprivate beachroom serviceduty managerexcellent serviceamazing hotelfour seasonsharplatino
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed here for five days while working in Doha. I was given a very nice club room with complimentary breakfast and internet access. The view over the bay was fantastic. An excellent choice especially when taking the swimming options into consideration.

Room Tip: Club rooms are fantastic
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank taarhaug
SheratonDohaManager, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Taarhaug,

thank you very much for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor – I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were satisfied with the facilities and the services we offer. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel soon again and for now, I remain with the Compliments of the Season,

Reviewed 6 December 2013

the hotel is just wow and marvellous, went there last week with my friends and we had a very good time,,,,good service from the waitresses,,high security in the club and good kind, smilling and warm welcome from UMRAV the manager in Irish. i must say we had the best time out in Doha..We looooovee Sheraton. good job and thumbs up.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I spend a lot of time in hotels, I am currently Platinum 75 on Starwood and Diamond on Hilton. I booked the Sheraton by luck really in a short internet access window I got from a interesting hotel in Kazakhstan (I can't write a review....Trip Advisor hasn't heard of it, but it is the Hotel Kazakhstan in Pavlodar 2/5).

Sorry getting back to the point, the review....

The Sheraton is apparently the oldest good hotel in Doha. It looks suprisingly good for its age. From what I understand the only places that have alcohol licenses in Doha are the hotels now. I was very happy with the reservations staff when they sorted out an issue for me before I arrived. The Jaguar picked me up at the airport and delivered me painlessly to the hotel.

The Hotel is a large pyramid, set out on an Atrium style inside. It has a lot of food and beverage outlets and everything I sampled was good to excellent. The hotel caters for the local community as well as guests, but seemed to cope well. The South American restaurant was excellent. The Italian place is harder to find, particularly if you try and follow signs, actually it is in a completely different building......just ask someone. I got upgraded to a suite, which was very nice, but from what I saw the standard rooms are very nice too. When part of my room got flooded the staff dealt with it very very fast and did everything they could for me (I did rain very hard).

The staff were all exceptional. They also came from some places you don't normally associated with working in ME hotels (like Nepal and Sri Lanka, who were both very very good).

The hotel has extensive sports facilities....I guess shared with the locals. The only slight downside was the hotel pool was not the greatest (although it was okay), but there may have been another in the sports complex (I didn't look). The hotel pool restaurant also didn't have a licence (the waitress said "any more" so maybe it did before). Doha isn't exactly the sort of place you head to for a holiday, so no problem. It was also very wet when I was there, the storms arrived early.

The hotel has a number of interesting bars. The Irish Harp is possibly the only Irish pub in Doha (I read that somewhere) big sports bar themed on an Irish pub. There is also the somewhat legendary "Waterhole" which had a very decent Pinoy rock band when I was there. This bar seems popular with Asian female expats looking to make new friends.....If you like that kind of bar it is a fine example. Both of these bars are very smoky however. That would be my biggest issue with the hotel, but this is the Middle East and people smoke a lot, so I can't really mark it down for that.

The Exec lounge was very busy the first night I went and had people smoking inside. At that point the review was heading for 4 stars, but the night after the lounge was not as crowded and no one was smoking. I don't know whether smoking is allowed in there or not, it is possible it is in the bit by the bar, but there were no signs. The food in the Exec lounge was very good, so much so that a group of people from South Asia were obviously dining there and grabbed pretty much all the food as soon as it came out. The staff dealt with it well though and kept bringing it.

The hotel is very well positioned, not far from the airport and almost walking distance from the business district (I only say almost not because of distance, I guess people just don't walk....)

So my rating, I gave it 5. It was a close run thing however due to the smoking. It is probably not an easy place to run a Western style hotel though. The staff were all lovely. You do need to understand you are in the Middle East however. If anyone has any questions, please send them.

Room Tip: It's a big hotel, if you have trouble walking ask for a room near the lifts.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank TonyGWP
SheratonDohaManager, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear TonyGWP,

thank you very much for taking the time off your busy schedule to write a detailed review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and must apologize for the fact that the heavy rains we experienced during your stay caused some leakages in your room. I have also taken note of your comment with regard to the smoking in the Lounge and we are currently looking at alternatives to ensure that non-smokers do not have to endure second hand smoke particularly in our Club Lounge. I was pleased that you appreciated the service of my colleagues who are truly international as we currently employ associates from almost 50 countries! While we are one of the older hotels in Doha, we certainly try to maintain our hotel to a standard you would expect from any Sheraton and Starwood property and we believe that our team members are making the difference as they are truly trying to make every guest stay a comfortable and enjoyable one. Thank you again for staying with us and I do look forward to meeting you personally on your next visit to Doha – please contact me on the email address provided below when your travel schedule brings you back to us.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Just back from 5 days at the Sheraton. It's very old and in dire need of a refurb in certain parts particularly the pool area with cracked tiles and generally very run down. However, it's lovely to be in a hotel by the beach area and you certainly feel away from all the chaos of downtown Doha. The central lobby area is amazing with a very 70's feel to it. I loved the golden honeycombed domes!! The breakfast was very poorly organised with no one there to show you to a table, dishes not cleared and the first interaction with a staff member was when a bill was slapped down on our table. NOT IMPRESSED. The dining room wasa very shabby with a very stained carpet and the general breakfast area was messy and not replenished.

Our room was very nice and had been upgraded recently I felt. It was lovely to have a balcony to sit out on in the evenings with a drink. Room service was very good! Room cleaning was also excellent. Thank you to the staff who did this. Well done!!

I had a very disappointing experience with the concierge who was MOST unhelpful, brusque and curt to the point of rudeness. He offered me no help whatsoever with a very simple request and made me feel very offended. This is in direct contrast to the wonderful girls (RIVA, I think?) on check in and check out who couldn't have been more helpful and kind. He could certainly learn a thing of two from them.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank BrayGirl2013

Dear BrayGirl2013,

thank you very much for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am sorry that not all aspects of your stay were up to your expectations and I must apologize for the unimpressive breakfast experience and the poor service from one of my colleagues at the Concierge desk – this is definitely not the norm at our hotel. We are currently reviewing plans to renovate the pool area and several other parts of the hotel and I hope that we can show you our renovated resort area when you visit Doha next. I was pleased that your stay otherwise was enjoyable and I will make sure that Riza learns about your favorable comments. Thank you again for giving us your feedback, which is very important to us. We all look forward to welcome you back to our hotel again soon and I remain with kind regards,

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I have had the privilege to stay at the Sheraton for a fortnight on a business trip. An extensive traveller with 15 years’ experience of international assignments across the globe in more than 60 countries, I have to say that the excellence in service achieved by the whole team is unrivalled. An unparalleled commitment to helping, pleasing, supporting and addressing customers’ needs from the entire team has made the organisation of a world class event possible.

It is only because of the constant availability and kind attention of this superb team, of its proactivity and adaptability to all situations that the world conference our people were organising has been possible. All stakeholders were extremely grateful to every single staff member at the Sheraton for their involvement and for giving their very best at all times.
The quality of all staff members and their ability to leverage their capabilities to best interact with customer sis outstanding and deserves recognition.

I wish to express my deepest gratitude to the managers and staff members in charge of housekeeping, events, general services, foods and beverages. Among them, Aramis and Abrame are real stars and the Sheraton is lucky to have them !

Only point down is the unbelievably loud and tacky disco on the mezzanine floor that can prevent you from sleeping every night until 2 am. This disgrace of a place should be closed down if you ask me.

Thanks for making this assignment an unforgettable experience

Room Tip: sea view (splendid location) high floor (get away from the disco)
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank GwenFirenze
SheratonDohaManager, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear GwenFirenze,

thank you very much for writing a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I was very pleased that your stay was overall enjoyable and that you were particularly impressed with my colleagues who assisted you during your stay. Rest assured that I will be sharing your kind review with all concerned and I can guarantee you, that everyone will be very happy to know that their efforts to make your stay more memorable has not gone unnoticed. I have also taken note of your comments with regards to the Nightclub and we will review your comments with the Department Head concerned to ensure that the ambiance and the noise level of the club is improved. Again, many thanks for sharing your views – we look forward to welcoming you back to Doha soon and in the meantime, I remain with kind regards,