2,392 results
All reviewsla verandairish pubthe club loungeoldest hoteltennis courtssea viewsitting areahealth clubspecial thanksprivate beachroom serviceduty managerexcellent serviceamazing hotelfour seasonsharplatino
Reviewed 22 January 2014

WOW, STUNNING!!!!
A beautiful hotel, spacious, grand, huge rooms with bath, shower separate toilet with bidet, comfy beds with pillows, fantastic food for both dinner and breakfast, a gym to envy most health clubs as we ll as tennis courts, pool and anything pretty much you could wish for.
The mainly Philippino staff, are lovely, very very courteous as always and nothing is too much trouble as you find in many good hotels across the GCC region.
So why the 4 stars and not five?

I was above the music bar and it was a little loud which for me is a bit of bad planning on the hotels part, and it was not possible apparently to move me!!!

The music did finish about midnight so not not too bad, and it was not bad music, just went to sleep later and joined in as I could not get to sleep.
Otherwise a great hotel

Room Tip: avoid rooms 109 to 114 that corner is above the music bar aim for a sea view and higher up, there are @ 10 floors+
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
SheratonDohaManager, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Russell E,

thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. It is very enjoyable to read your kind comments of our hotel and particular, about the service of my team members. We all look very much forward to welcome you back to our hotel and remain with kind regards,

Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights from 2-5 January.

Check in was very good - we upgraded to a club floor to use the club suite - unlimited alcoholic drinks during 'happy hour' (6-8pm) - very good value - and very nice food buffet throughout the day - eg. smoke salmon rolls, fruit, pastries.

The hotel has a very impressive atrium entrance hall - felt very Arabian. We loved the bling factor!

Breakfast on the first day (saturday) was very chaotic. We had to wait AGES for a table. There appeared to be no staff member 'in charge' of meeting and greeting guests, seating them at a table. The breakfast buffet wasn't great - I expected more from a sheraton. Food just looked quite basic and not very well presented. It has a tired feel to it.

The hotel has its own private beach area and a lovely swimming pool thats heated in the winter months. Lovely views of Doha bay.

The Irish Bar in the basement of the hotel (the Irish Harp) does a great pint of guiness and good pub grub. Staff were very helpful and polite. There is a live band on 6 nights of the week. It also shows live sport. It's a very big pub so you should have problems getting a table. It was very smokey however but as are all pubs in Doha as there is no smoking ban.

This hotel is quite old for Doha (opened in 1982) so it does have a bit of a dated feel to it but the rooms are very clean and well-equipped. The rooms are very spacious and have private balconies. We had lovely views of the gulf from our balcony.

The hotel is a short walk away from Doha Corniche and a taxi journey away to the Islamic Art Museum and the Souk.

The hotel is next to a great gym and tennis court that guests can use. We were disappointed however to have to pay for tennis raquet hire.

All in all a great stay - would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
SheratonDohaManager, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear culture_vulture_15,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am grateful that you took the time to review our hotel and that you intend to stay with us again if your travels bring you back to Doha – we certainly look forward to welcome you back. I am sorry that the breakfast on one of the days of your stay was below expectations. This is certainly not our usual standard and our Food & Beverage team are already reviewing this issue. I look forward to meeting you personally on your next visit to Doha and until then, I remain with kind regards,

Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Sheraton for 2 nights during my business visit to Doha. The location of the hotel is awesome and amenities provided by the hotel are plenty starting from pool , private beach , sports complex and some really cool restaurants. One can take walk along the corniche in the evenings. The hotel honoured my request and upgraded to a sew view room. The view from my room was superb. However the room had a smoky smell through out . The staff although helpful is a bit slow. Room service took a long time to serve and laundry guy took fore ever to respond to the request. Inspite of being one of the oldest hotels in Doha they have maintained it well. Overall a great hotel but service quality can still be improved. I would strongly recommend for a leisure trip but for business visit there are better places in doha.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear binayray,

thank you very much for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am sorry that the service of both Room Service and the Laundry was not up to your expectations and we will review this drop In our usual high standards internally to ensure that these issues do not recur again in the future. Please also be informed that we have non-smoking rooms available and that you can request these when making your reservation – please do let me know when your travels bring you back to Doha and please channel your next reservation through my office and I will personally ensure that your next stays with us will be successful ones1 Thank you for sharing your feedback – I look forward to welcome you back to our hotel soon again and remain with kind regards,

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed in the Sheraton Doha for three nights in January 2014. The building itself was an attraction due to its design and location. Although others have said this building looks "old" it is certainly not "tired". Very impressive internal atrium and facilities, including a modern health club and gym are located on site.

We upgraded on arrival to "Sheraton Club" which gave us a room with a view of the bay, free wifi and access to the club lounge - a bar that served various free snacks and drinks throughout the day. At 200 Riyals extra per night, the access to the lounge was worth the money on its own. Generally the service and the food n the hotel was excellent - the only down point was a consistently disappointing breakfast, which was often cold and lacking in variety compared to other "five star" hotels we have stayed in - this aspect was distinctly average and the only thing that stopped me from giving a full 5/5 marks in this review.

I would therefore recommend staying room only and paying for the club lounge, as this would give you plenty of nice food throughout the day and allow you flexibility to eat elsewhere. The Irish pub on the ground floor was incidentally very good for food. It also showed the sport and provided a very good pint of Guinness!

Room Tip: Club rooms have a view of the bay/City.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Surbytonian
SheratonDohaManager, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear Surbytonian,

thank you very much for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the facilities and services surpassed your expectations. I have taken note of your comment with regard to the breakfast offerings and we will review your comment with the respective personnel – in general, we receive very positive comments about the breakfast buffet in our Al Hubara Restaurant, but we can always improve and do better still! I hope that your travels will bring you back to Doha again in the near future and in case I can assist you with reservations at our hotel or anything else, please make use of my contact email below. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and remain with kind regards,

Thomas van Opstal

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I have been stay in Sheraton hotel for 2 days , as my family have big wedding there so I booked 1 junior suite and deluxe room under my name...
first my booking was made by with the manager PALMA.. and she was very kind very helpful and she give me the rate for the end of the year ..

I try to call again to booked another junior suite for my Bro. and the surprise is that reservation refuse to give me the same rate as they said there is no rate as this one and when they check my reservation they said aha ok its right !! ... finally they give it to me !!...

the check-in was very smooth and help full .

the in-dining-room was terrible!! and very expensive ..

for the lunch I called to order penne pasta and I asked them to do it very well cooked .. the lady said : do you want it with "cook - cola " .. I said : who will eat pasta with cook !!! ... finally i thought she understand .. but she didn't ..
and I asked for fries .. and what I got ?
penne pasta not even medium cooked and white RICE !!! I said : there is big different between rice and fries !!.

after noon I have visitor , so I order 2 hot chocolate ... and waiting and waiting for about 1:15 hour. when I called to order fries for the little child , I asked for the hot chocolate the same lady said : it's on the way ... so I said : ok can I have fries .. she said : "AGAIN !! another one !! " .. I said : YES WHY NOT !! ... SHE Said : OK AND HUNG-UP THE LINE .

Finally I received the hot chocolate with the fries .. so it take 2 hour to have the hot chocolate and what is the surprise " the hot chocolate is ((cold chocolate )) !!". which is cost 64 Qr. and 5 Qr. services .

the series will not finish ;d , I called and talk with the manager and he is been kind and he send other hot chocolate or what I call it milk chocolate because you don't feel any teas of the chocolate in it .

when I want to check out ... i check the invoice and there is about 3.75 Qr. in every bill for every day .. I asked what is this for .. Was the answer as donations for UNESCO !! .. why you don't ask me first ?? how do you just Placed it as secret, and has not been informed the client or asked about his desire to donate?

when I asked my family .. they have other experience ..
one of them said they charge her 250Qr. for the mini bar for 1 night , when she never touch the mini bar .... and the other as she have the suite with 2 rooms .. they charge her 600 Qr. also for minibar for 1 night !! ... when they asked they Reception and they knew that's wrong they remove it from the bill ...
My Brother .. his bill was charge extra for the phone also 200Qr. for sure it's wrong and mistake , and they apology and remove it !!

SO keep your eyes open and check YOUR invoice!!!.

let's talk about the very old room ...

the bed was good with clean bed sheet and the housekeeping was very good .

there is many chair in the living room with many different color ,, for sure they need to Renewal ...

the minibar fridge not working at all and the light in it was open and close as disco light ;D...

there is no cold water in the room !

the TV ah what I talk about it .. the channel not clear and when you open it with the overall room style you will feel like you live in the 80th ..

really if not the wedding in the sheraton , I will never ever stay there ...

Sorry .

Room Tip: the club room its the same of the delux room just with the benfit of the lung and you don't need it belive me nothing good there .
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
SheratonDohaManager, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Qatar2007,

thank you very much for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. As you can imagine, I was not very pleased to see that your stay with us was not at all satisfactory and that you encountered several hick-ups during your stay with us. I would like to apologize for this untoward experience at our hotel and would like to assure you, that we will review your comments internally to ensure that such incidents will not recur again in the future. As you seem to be residing in Qatar, perhaps you could contact me directly under the below email and we could discuss a way how we can make amends for your disappointing stay. I look forward to hearing from you and for now, I remain,