2,533 results
All reviews irish pub la veranda atrium lounge pool cafe um ali ladies night sea view private beach special thanks club room health club beautiful hotel excellent service harp marcos juliet team
Reviewed 29 January 2014

This is the first high end western hotel that was built in Doha about 30 years ago. While it is showing its age, the Irish pub within is an excellent spot to see expats. While it's not remarkable, if you need a taste of home, this is your place. It was quite expensive for feeling like a foreign bennigans. Drinks were about $25 USD a pop.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for four nights on business, and everything was fantastic, except for the not-so-knowledgeable staff at the front desk. When asked for advice about things to do, all they could suggest was the City Center Mall, and when I insisted that they make other suggestions they told me to visit the Islamic Art Museum (which would have been wonderful except for the fact that it was Tuesday, the museum is closed on Tuesdays, which I knew but the staff didn't). I realize the staff are not locals, but I think they could easily be informed about local activities. I ended up spending the morning by the pool, which was lovely, and then went to the Souq Waqif for the afternoon - don't miss it!
Anyway, the breakfast and lunch buffet is incredibly varied and delicious, the amenities are great (awesome gym and pool), and the rooms are extremely comfortable, with fantastic beds and pillows, so I enjoyed four nights of wonderful sleep, great breakfast and perfect start at the gym.

Room tip: Club rooms on the sixth floor - great view of the skyline!
Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
SheratonDohaManager, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Sibarita78,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! I have noted your comments about the general knowledge of the Front Desk personnel and while we have quite a number of new team members at our Front Desk, this should not be an excuse as all our associates are having a detailed introduction of the sights of Doha during their orientation program. I will review this matter with the Department Head concerned in order to ensure that such incidents do not recur again in the future – please accept my apologies for this disappointing experience. I also noted that you otherwise enjoyed your stay and the services we offer and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Doha again soon – let me know when your travel plans bring you back and if you would like, I will set up your sightseeing agenda for you! Best regards,

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Sheraton Doha is a fantastic hotel!
The property has its own charm and is very well maintained. The location is very good with a calm 'sea view' and also a busy 'city view'. The hotel has a good pool, and a private beach. Good for people who want to swim in the sea.
The Italian restaurant is also very good, must try.

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
SheratonDohaManager, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Dear abhip2014,

Thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were impressed with the facilities and services we offer. Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back again soon – we all look forward to have you as our guest again!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I have been to the Sheraton Doha many times over the past 4 years. I have never been disappointed. The staff, from management to the front door, are so very nice and remember me as if I am part of the "family". I am excited to see it after the renovations but will miss the uniqueness and beauty of the lobby as it has been since my first trip in 2009. The buffet at the Al Hubara Restaurant, the food at La Veranda, Al Shaheen and The Cove are exceptional. The view from my balcony is breathtaking and a nice way to unwind. I love the Sheraton Doha and feel like it is my home in the Middle East!!!

Room tip: Make sure to get a balcony room at the very least!
Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
SheratonDohaManager, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Martha B,

thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! I was delighted to read your kind words about our hotel and am very happy that my colleagues make you feel welcome and a part of our family whenever you visit us. Please let us know when you intend to return to stay with us again – I look very much forward to meeting you personally and for now, I remain with kind regards,

Reviewed 22 January 2014

WOW, STUNNING!!!!
A beautiful hotel, spacious, grand, huge rooms with bath, shower separate toilet with bidet, comfy beds with pillows, fantastic food for both dinner and breakfast, a gym to envy most health clubs as we ll as tennis courts, pool and anything pretty much you could wish for.
The mainly Philippino staff, are lovely, very very courteous as always and nothing is too much trouble as you find in many good hotels across the GCC region.
So why the 4 stars and not five?

I was above the music bar and it was a little loud which for me is a bit of bad planning on the hotels part, and it was not possible apparently to move me!!!

The music did finish about midnight so not not too bad, and it was not bad music, just went to sleep later and joined in as I could not get to sleep.
Otherwise a great hotel

Room tip: avoid rooms 109 to 114 that corner is above the music bar aim for a sea view and higher up, there are @ 10 floors+
Date of stay: January 2014

Dear Russell E,

thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. It is very enjoyable to read your kind comments of our hotel and particular, about the service of my team members. We all look very much forward to welcome you back to our hotel and remain with kind regards,