“Doha's five star legend”

Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel
Ranked #6 of 140 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This is one of the oldest 5 star category hotel in Doha. Has one of the largest areas, centrally located with all modern amenities. Food is of wide range from continental to arabic with a lot of asain choice. Hotel staff and cooks are very cordial and understand the taste of wide category of individuals. Value for each Dollar/Qatari Riyal you pay.

Room Tip: Most of the sea facing rooms are good.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
SheratonDohaManager, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Dear GEO-INDIA,

Thank you very much four your kind review of our hotel on Tripadvisor! I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found the facilities and services up to your expectations. It was indeed a pleasure to read your feedback and we most certainly look forward to welcome you back to our hotel and in the meantime, I remain with kind regards.

Ashraf Siessy
Hotel Manager
Sheraton Doha Resort & Convention Hotel

ashraf.siessy@sheraton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,327)

Reviewed 29 January 2014

This is the first high end western hotel that was built in Doha about 30 years ago. While it is showing its age, the Irish pub within is an excellent spot to see expats. While it's not remarkable, if you need a taste of home, this is your place. It was quite expensive for feeling like a foreign bennigans. Drinks were about $25 USD a pop.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for four nights on business, and everything was fantastic, except for the not-so-knowledgeable staff at the front desk. When asked for advice about things to do, all they could suggest was the City Center Mall, and when I insisted that they make other suggestions they told me to visit the Islamic Art Museum (which would have been wonderful except for the fact that it was Tuesday, the museum is closed on Tuesdays, which I knew but the staff didn't). I realize the staff are not locals, but I think they could easily be informed about local activities. I ended up spending the morning by the pool, which was lovely, and then went to the Souq Waqif for the afternoon - don't miss it!
Anyway, the breakfast and lunch buffet is incredibly varied and delicious, the amenities are great (awesome gym and pool), and the rooms are extremely comfortable, with fantastic beds and pillows, so I enjoyed four nights of wonderful sleep, great breakfast and perfect start at the gym.

Room Tip: Club rooms on the sixth floor - great view of the skyline!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
SheratonDohaManager, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Sibarita78,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! I have noted your comments about the general knowledge of the Front Desk personnel and while we have quite a number of new team members at our Front Desk, this should not be an excuse as all our associates are having a detailed introduction of the sights of Doha during their orientation program. I will review this matter with the Department Head concerned in order to ensure that such incidents do not recur again in the future – please accept my apologies for this disappointing experience. I also noted that you otherwise enjoyed your stay and the services we offer and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Doha again soon – let me know when your travel plans bring you back and if you would like, I will set up your sightseeing agenda for you! Best regards,

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Sheraton Doha is a fantastic hotel!
The property has its own charm and is very well maintained. The location is very good with a calm 'sea view' and also a busy 'city view'. The hotel has a good pool, and a private beach. Good for people who want to swim in the sea.
The Italian restaurant is also very good, must try.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
SheratonDohaManager, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Dear abhip2014,

Thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were impressed with the facilities and services we offer. Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back again soon – we all look forward to have you as our guest again!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I have been to the Sheraton Doha many times over the past 4 years. I have never been disappointed. The staff, from management to the front door, are so very nice and remember me as if I am part of the "family". I am excited to see it after the renovations but will miss the uniqueness and beauty of the lobby as it has been since my first trip in 2009. The buffet at the Al Hubara Restaurant, the food at La Veranda, Al Shaheen and The Cove are exceptional. The view from my balcony is breathtaking and a nice way to unwind. I love the Sheraton Doha and feel like it is my home in the Middle East!!!

Room Tip: Make sure to get a balcony room at the very least!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
SheratonDohaManager, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Martha B,

thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! I was delighted to read your kind words about our hotel and am very happy that my colleagues make you feel welcome and a part of our family whenever you visit us. Please let us know when you intend to return to stay with us again – I look very much forward to meeting you personally and for now, I remain with kind regards,

Reviewed 22 January 2014

WOW, STUNNING!!!!
A beautiful hotel, spacious, grand, huge rooms with bath, shower separate toilet with bidet, comfy beds with pillows, fantastic food for both dinner and breakfast, a gym to envy most health clubs as we ll as tennis courts, pool and anything pretty much you could wish for.
The mainly Philippino staff, are lovely, very very courteous as always and nothing is too much trouble as you find in many good hotels across the GCC region.
So why the 4 stars and not five?

I was above the music bar and it was a little loud which for me is a bit of bad planning on the hotels part, and it was not possible apparently to move me!!!

The music did finish about midnight so not not too bad, and it was not bad music, just went to sleep later and joined in as I could not get to sleep.
Otherwise a great hotel

Room Tip: avoid rooms 109 to 114 that corner is above the music bar aim for a sea view and higher up, there a...

Dear Russell E,

thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. It is very enjoyable to read your kind comments of our hotel and particular, about the service of my team members. We all look very much forward to welcome you back to our hotel and remain with kind regards,

Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights from 2-5 January.

Check in was very good - we upgraded to a club floor to use the club suite - unlimited alcoholic drinks during 'happy hour' (6-8pm) - very good value - and very nice food buffet throughout the day - eg. smoke salmon rolls, fruit, pastries.

The hotel has a very impressive atrium entrance hall - felt very Arabian. We loved the bling factor!

Breakfast on the first day (saturday) was very chaotic. We had to wait AGES for a table. There appeared to be no staff member 'in charge' of meeting and greeting guests, seating them at a table. The breakfast buffet wasn't great - I expected more from a sheraton. Food just looked quite basic and not very well presented. It has a tired feel to it.

The hotel has its own private beach area and a lovely swimming pool thats heated in the winter months. Lovely views of Doha bay.

The Irish Bar in the basement of the hotel (the Irish Harp) does a great pint of guiness and good pub grub. Staff were very helpful and polite. There is a live band on 6 nights of the week. It also shows live sport. It's a very big pub so you should have problems getting a table. It was very smokey however but as are all pubs in Doha as there is no smoking ban.

This hotel is quite old for Doha (opened in 1982) so it does have a bit of a dated feel to it but the rooms are very clean and well-equipped. The rooms are very spacious and have private balconies. We had lovely views of the gulf from our balcony.

The hotel is a short walk away from Doha Corniche and a taxi journey away to the Islamic Art Museum and the Souk.

The hotel is next to a great gym and tennis court that guests can use. We were disappointed however to have to pay for tennis raquet hire.

All in all a great stay - would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
SheratonDohaManager, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear culture_vulture_15,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am grateful that you took the time to review our hotel and that you intend to stay with us again if your travels bring you back to Doha – we certainly look forward to welcome you back. I am sorry that the breakfast on one of the days of your stay was below expectations. This is certainly not our usual standard and our Food & Beverage team are already reviewing this issue. I look forward to meeting you personally on your next visit to Doha and until then, I remain with kind regards,