“Good "middle of the road" choice” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Movenpick Hotel Doha

Movenpick Hotel Doha
Ranked #26 of 141 Hotels in Doha
Doha, Qatar
“Good "middle of the road" choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a couple of nights before I moved into my local accommodations. The bed was firm and I slept well even though there was some construction going on outside. The wi-fi was excellent and there was absolutely no dropping at any point during my stay.

The breakfast and dinner buffet was fantastic with pretty much anything you could ever possibly want to eat. Although, the decor in the restaurant is a bit lacking. The bar was nice but, again, was showing it's age. There's also no "bar" to sit at really so I had to sit at a table alone, which I don't enjoy.

Check out was fast and efficient. All in all, good. But it could use a face-lift.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mövenpick D, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Doha, responded to this review, 4 May 2014

I have received your feedback and i thank you so much for the same.

It is your feedback that helps us to improve our operation, you are a patron and your business is important to us.

Fabien Chesnais

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
gold coast, australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

My wife and I chose this hotel for our most recent visit to Doha because we had eaten at the hotel a number of times during a previous visit, and had enjoyed the food and ambience of the restaurant. The restaurant was as good as a remembered it, definitely one of the better places to eat in the city. My wife and I are wine lovers, and the restaurant has a reasonable selection (good for Doha) at reasonable prices (for Doha). One recommendation though, don't order liquors as the amount you are given is ridiculously small. We ordered two Baileys on the rocks, and it looked like a basting brush had been used coat the glasses in Baileys, rather than an actual pour. Our room was very comfortable will quality furnishings. The bed was very nice, with lovely pillows and linens. We used the bathtub quite a bit. The only one thing that annoyed me about this hotel is that they allow people to smoke in the lobby, which is of course public space. I am particularly sensitive to cigarette smoke, so it may not bother other people to the extent that it bothered me. All the staff at the hotel are very friendly and professional. All in all, we had an excellent stay, and I would recommend the hotel to anyone visiting Doha. Another plus is its location, walking distance to the Islamic Arts Museum (my favourite place in Doha).

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mövenpick D, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Doha, responded to this review, 6 April 2014

Greetings from Movenpick Hotel Doha

I have received your feedback and I am truly delighted that we were able to provide you with the highest levels of service and a positive experience.

I thank you so much for your feedback and you are indeed a patron and your business is important to us. I would like to bring to your attention that we have converted our lobby into a No Smoking area from 01st April 2014.

Looking forward to welcoming you back and do let me know in case I can be of any further assistance to you in future.

Ankara, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

I recommend everybody Movenpick in Doha.No need to search another hotel . Movenpick is very close to Airport ,the Museum of Islamic Art,Port,beach, Souqe,historical places,Corniche. Movenpick is just your home. Safer and nicer.

Room Tip: try to find a room away from the main street.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mövenpick D, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Doha, responded to this review, 3 April 2014

Naples, Campania, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

It's a very simple hotel no more expensive and very close to the Souqe, a very special place in DOHA - QATAR
Very important free to use the wi'fi..the phone call without skype or Facebook cost 6€ min. It's possible to drink beer and eat until 2 o'clock on a very special room full of foreign people

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Mövenpick D, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Doha, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Mr. Vincenzo,

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

I strongly recommend this wonderful hotel. The rooms are peaceful perfection and you will feel as if you are safely tucked inside a cozy oasis of calm. Also, it is easy to walk to the Souk, the Museum of Islamic Art, along the Corniche, from here. Hotels with good walking possibilities are not so common in Doha so select this one and you will be happy - cross-walk signals too. Also the restaurant serves the best scrambled eggs ever. I ordered them ala carte, not being fond of those gigantic buffets so common these days, along with some freshly made farmer's bread - perfect.
And the thick towels are even better than the ones at the Four Seasons, which is more expensive.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Mövenpick D, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Doha, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Ms. Naomi,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I visited this hotel whilst I waited for my client to finish her business meetings and used it as a base for the day. I reception area is clean an airy and served coffee and refreshments throughout the day. The restaurant provided excellent lunchtime service. The tenderloin of beef was easily the best I have ever had, and was prepared and served excellently. The staff were very friendly and attentive throughout my stay and my only regret was not being able to stay here longer.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mr. David,

Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Such a great experience!
We had the privilege of early check in and late check with no charge.
Joanna from the reception was very friendly and helpful and she made our stay memorable.
The room was spacious for two person, clean and tidy, the linen smelled fresh and bath was clean. The view was ok but you cannot see that much from the third floor.
All staff were smiling and providing fast service.
The hotel is near to Souq Waqif and The Museum of Islamic Art
The down part is that we had to carry our own bags up to the room.The swimming pool was not heated so we didn't use it and the bar was small and not appealing.
But all in all, it was a nice experience and highly recommendable to travelers who are looking for a descent hotel within the budget and I would highly recommend Moevenpick to my friends in the future.

Room Tip: Non-Smoking rooms smells fresh and 100% smoke free If you would like a higher floor you have to go...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple