“Moevenpick Hotel Doha, Qatar” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Movenpick Hotel Doha

Movenpick Hotel Doha
Ranked #26 of 141 Hotels in Doha
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Moevenpick Hotel Doha, Qatar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

A nice clean efficiently run establishment with Swiss roots makes this a haven in bustling Doha. Just a pity that it's situated on the very edge of the city relatively far from anywhere: no shops, malls, banks and miles to walk to the nearby attractions of the Islamic Museum and souk Waqif. And the heat doesn't help either, although the air conditioning throughout is fierce.

Room Tip: Choose one side of the hotel and you're subjected to the calls of the muezzin from the adjacent...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mövenpick D, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Doha, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Mr. Mike,

I have received your feedback and i thank you so much for the same.

It is your feedback that helps us to improve our operation, you are a patron and your business is important to us.

Fabien Chesnais

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Dusseldorf, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

There is not to much of fancy going on at this hotel BUT it is very much sufficient to give you a good night sleep for a very affordable price.
Next to the W, this has been the first hotel I stayed in Doha. There are, surely, more people on this board with detailed knowledge on this city and how this hotel compares to the others. On my end, I want a no trouble and not too many thrills type of environment. Easy check-in at late hours and a decent room and bed for a low price tag. I had no high expectations and the hotel did not disappoint. Had croissant and coffee in the morning. Attentive staff organized a nice limo in the AM. Off to a good start.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

I had one night in doha and my agent booked the movenpick. I didn't know what to expected but found that it was in a great location - about 10 minutes walk from the Souk Waqif and about 7 minutes from the amazing Museum of Islamic Art. In 44 degree (celsius) heat, that's about as far as you want to walk in Doha during summer !

The hotel has all the usual - fitness centre, swimming pool and a steam room (why?? just go outside !). I was upgraded to a King room which was spacious and well appointed. Slight issue was no ironing board which had to be requested - given how tightly I time my departures, the 10 minute delay in getting an ironing board could have been an issue.

I arrived at the new Hamad Airport which had just opened and it was a shamazole - no-one knew what was happening. People everywhere. No hotel information counters etc.. Due to some miscommunication between my agent and the hotel, I didn't have a transfer booked. However, I finally found someone who rang the hotel for me and within 10 minutes, a driver arrived so 5* to the hotel for that (it was close to midnight and I was tired and not in the mood for a long wait).

Overall, a pleasant hotel, good staff and well location for touristy things - if you're after downtown, then it's actually quite a hike.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Mövenpick D, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Doha, responded to this review, 2 June 2014

Greetings from Movenpick Hotel Doha

I have received your feedback and I am truly delighted that we were able to provide you with the highest levels of service and a positive experience.

I thank you so much for your feedback and you are indeed a patron and your business is important to us.

Looking forward to welcoming you back and do let me know in case I can be of any further assistance to you in future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I had a short visit to Doha, stayed the week before in another hotel which I didn´t like, so I changed and found this Movenpick Hotel Doha. I was gladly suprised upon arrival because they gave me a nice upgrade to the business suíte, very ample space, clean and confortable. Unfortunately only one night and I could not enjoy more. Breakfast excelente, no complaints at all.

1 Thank PauloFeyh
Dear Mr. Feyh,

Abu Dhabi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I'm on a business trip and staying here for a few weeks.
The hotel is spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff are polite and friendly, as to be expected.
The rooms have free internet with no problem. Water and tea/coffee making facilities and i've a one piece of laundry per day deal that's working fine.
The restaurant food is menus and help yourself to buffet stuff. There's plenty of choice and it's about 50 / 50 for me. Half i like and half i don't, but i can usually find a good meal. Watch our for just the odd piece of undercooked now and again. There are theme nights and some great food on offer.

Room Tip: Metered taxi from hotel to City Centre about 15 and the hotel limousine 40. Be careful with the mete...

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

This is one of the best and nicest hotels we have ever stayed at. The staff are welcoming, professional, efficient and friendly. They are helpful and knowledgeable and nothing is too much trouble. This well appointed hotel is in easy walking distance to the Museum of Islamic Arts, the Souq Waqif (market) and the Corniche . The décor is most tasteful and the rooms extremely comfortable and spacious. Our room had a lovely outlook across the harbour and to the Mosque. Everything in this stately hotel is immaculate. The marble bathrooms are large and well designed with an abundance of hot water and excellent water pressure. The buffet breakfast has a good selection of continental and English breakfast items, including a variety of traditional dishes. The pool and spa are a welcome added advantage. There is absolutely nothing to dislike about this establishment. Excellently managed, it has a very relaxing ambiance and comes very highly recommended.

* While in Doha, book the open-topped bus and take a tour around the city. You can hop on and off as you wish. Doing the city tour by night is simply amazing, not to be missed!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Adi552
Mövenpick D, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Doha, responded to this review, 24 May 2014

Dubai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

For a comfortable bed, spacious room ,(I was upgraded because they were full!) near to the airport, and a relaxing atmosphere it is hard to beat at the price. I was a little worried by the ear plugs on the bed side table, but they were not needed. The Wi-Fi was excellent and I was able to work without the usual loss of connection or slow speeds. The breakfast was first-rate with a wide choice and attentive service. The bar was nice and lively. The restaurant at lunch time had a good buffet choice and an excellent a la carte. As a business choice it’s everything you would expect from the name from the check in to the efficient check out
Its now a regular choice

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Mövenpick D, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Doha, responded to this review, 19 May 2014