“Beautiful spot...if you're not in a hurry...”

The Ritz-Carlton, Doha
Ranked #12 of 137 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We stayed overnight and were very impressed overall. We ate on the terrace overlooking the marina at the Admiral's Club (a separate building) - very good food although the service was a little spotty. Our room was very well apportioned with a small balcony. The toiletries in the bathroom were placed by the bath, in the shower and near the sink so they were available wherever you needed them. The spa listed many services for body and facial treatments but no manicure/pedicure. Breakfast is served in a beautiful dining room with great choice. Only one chef worked the omelette station which resulted in longer waits for service/food than necessary. Outside pool area is very nice but outdoor pool is not big for swimming - more for dips and atmosphere. There is an inside pool for swimming. We would recommend this hotel and hope to return.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CanaadaAbc

Reviewed 11 April 2013

I came to the ritz for the spa which I always enjoy and when I was going outside, I stopped by the lobby lounge and I ordered with my friend ab eef burger and club sandwich. We wait for about 20 minutes to be served and I asked for blanket because it was too cold and I was in the spa and my hair was wet. The staff don’t provide with anything and they are not polite. I saw them how they work, how they throw the waste down and take out the trash in front of us. After 20 minutes, the food came cold! I let also a complain but no one contact me. I'm sorry but this is the Ritz carlton! comparing to other ritz, it’s horrible! I will never come again.
Sorry for reviewers, my english is very bad, I'm french!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I stay at Ritz-Carlton Hotels regularly, especially in the Middle East.

I was very excited about the Ritz-Carlton Doha. In some ways, my expectations were met and exceeded. In others, I was disappointed.

First, this is a BIG hotel.

As part of a planned complex, the hotel includes a large health club and spa, large swimming pools and a private club. The hotel itself is a large tower with all rooms arranged around an open atrium.

Having stayed at many Ritz-Carltons, I found the decor bright and on the garish end of the spectrum. There are lots of odd colors and the common spaces are so large that the decor overwhelms rather than soothes. It reminded me a trips to Las Vegas. For example, when they say the restaurant is just downstairs, well, going one floor down actually requires 3 flights of stairs due to the size of everything.

The rooms are large and oversized with traditional marble bathrooms. While the common areas gleam, the rooms are definitely due for a freshening. They are very comfortable but the furniture is dated and the rooms feel dark and a bit gloomy.

Luckily, most have their own balconies.with views.

Unluckily, pigeons do roost in and around the balconies. They do make a mess... one particular mess happened on my second day and remained for 3 additional days. It was never cleaned even though the maids did straighten chairs and remove empty glasses, etc. from the balcony.

The bits that I liked most were the Italian restaurant. Very good with tremendously professional and courteous staff. The staff at the front desk were great. They knew me by name even though I had never stayed at the hotel. And the Concierge went above and beyond to retrieve my lost luggage that had been forwarded to the Doha airport. She had no luck phoning the lost luggage number or the airlines so actually sent one of the hotel drivers to inquire physically at the airport. Now THAT is real service... I was duly impressed.

I have mixed feelings about the Ritz-Carlton Doha. I'm a big fan of the brand and was impressed by the service and recreational facilities. I was underwhelmed by the rooms and the overwhelming size of the property.

As I travel to Doha for business, I will probably elect to stay at the Renaissance next time as it is more convenient for business meetings... Will I miss the great staff at the Ritz? Probably.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room with a balcony overlooking the Corniche.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We have stayed at the Ritz Carlton three times so far in 2013. Our first stays were at the normal room price, our last was five nights in the club room for an Easter break.

Overall each experience has been absolute excellence. The staff and service is truly five star. The rooms are spacious and decorated in a unique warm middle eastern style. Bathroom is spacious with separate bath, shower and separate toilet. The little touches are all taken care of, chocolates at turn down, coffee machine in room, beds and pillows luxurious and soft, towels big and soft, fruit platter on arrival, excellent toiletries (bvlgari) etc.

The buffet at the Lagoon is superb, with family fun day on Saturdays providing great entertainment for kids and a relaxing lunch for mums and dads. The staff at Lagoon provide impeccable service and are great with our four year old.

The gym and facilities are second to none in Doha. The gym comes with a great view of the marina and was never too busy.

The pool area has a great feel, family friendly. Kids pool with a slide, great older kids area of the main pool, swim up bar, waterfall and deep area with ledge to sit on and relax. Big spa and a chilled pool for the brave. Service comes to you if you feel like lunch or a drink.

The club lounge is the perfect place to unwind and escape Doha. The service and food superb, nothing to fault at all, only praise for all. Favorites during our stay was the duck, beef tenderloin, tajines, curries, well just about everything really. The club lounge is non smoking....a rare area in the Qatar hospitality scene and an absolute god send for us who are sick of smokers ruining our dining. Great view of the sea and the development of Lusail city.

Our four year old was made to feel so welcome by all staff and loved his stays. He was so exited to receive his easter goodies on the last stay and loves his soft toy lion he received from Dora on one of the previous stays. The kids club is very clean and well run. Kids tennis on Fridays with Conrad excellent.

We love the Ritz and will be regulars on stay cations.

Highly Recommended for a stopover stay or a stay cation for those of us marooned in dusty Doha.

Tip to trippers.. After experiencing both standard and club level stays, pay the extra for the club room, access to the club lounge is well worth the additional cost.

Room Tip: Club room facing the sea.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I've been on vacation with my in different Ritz-Carlton around the World, all excellent ... Doha should be the exception:
I sent an email to the Ritz-Carlton Management, to make them aware of the mediocrity of managing their branch in Doha, due to:

1. - Room dusty and dirty
2. - Chain toilet, always broken, both main and toilet bath
3. - No swallowing sinks in both bath and washbasin
4. - Indoor, battered for two days
5. - Access to the pier, where previously you could swim or sunbathe, closed without explanation
6. - Porcini Restaurant, took an hour before the first course serve ... and that we were going with two kids!
7. - Chaos at breakfast, waiters ineffective, delay in service, slow replenishment ... and the quality of the food is not so good than other Ritz-Carlton.
8. - Long wait at check-in
9. - Disorganization in Valet Parking, took both the first day of the following preferred park it myself
10. - Cold reception, they don't care about your children ...
11. - Rude and unpolite at Habanos Bar and QNB Bank branch
12.- There's not amenities for the children
13. - Bad and few explanations from the receptionists, regarding the bill at check-out

Definitely, this hotel it just isn't quite up to the Ritz Carlton's standards.

Room Tip: "I've been on vacation with my in different Ritz-Carlton around the World, all excellent...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank AlfonsdelaO
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Stayed on the Club Floor for several days in February. Service was superb. My best hotel experience ever. Club floor staff very professional - felt like they were my extended family. Views were also great and food first rate. A really elegant hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank DobbsFerryTraveler
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Although this is a five star hotel, we were left feeling totally underwhelmed by their restaurant (so underwhelmed i can't even remember the name...the one at the top with great views...but that's where the 'greatness' stopped!)
We were there with our business colleague, but all of us felt like we'd been cheated...of a 5-star experience :(
It was everything from the ugly water glasses on the table, to the menu, the quality of the food and then the price!
However, one redeeming factor was the bar staff were excellent and attentive, and the serving staff also.
We live in Doha and so weren't staying at the hotel, just eating in their restaurant so can't comment on the rooms...

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business