“Good for business travellers”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha
Ranked #23 of 138 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Nice hotel, in a decent location for access from the airport. Only around 15-20 mins in a taxi, traffic level dependant. The rooms in the west wing are of a decent standard, the old side less so. Clean and tidy with all the usual amenities. The staff are always curtious and eager to help. the standard of food throughout the many restaurants in the hotel is good. Its a good place to relax after a busy day, but not the sort of hotel you would want to take a partner/family for a holiday.

Room Tip: Stay in the west wing as these are the more modern rooms. Pool view are more picturesque than the on...
1  Thank Steve-Hall78
LeslieWeddle, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Dear Steve-Hall78,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future to try out one of our newly refurbished rooms in the East wing.

Leslie Weddle

Write a ReviewReviews (1,141)

Reviewed 20 March 2013

Very nice hotel, with a good attitude of the people working there and a satisfactory service.
I would recommend it to anybody coming for business to Doha.
Good breakfast too, but I don`t know the room rate.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
LeslieWeddle, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Dear JuRut,

Thank you for your kind review and I am pleased that our staff took care of you. We receive lots of positive comments regarding the friendless of your staff and its always nice to hear positive feedback from our guests.

I hope that we can welcome you back again to The Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha in the near future.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

High levels of customer service throughout the hotel. From the restaurant to pool staff, Reception and doormen, I have found all staff courteous and attentive without being intrusive. This is a good business hotel suited to adults.

Room Tip: I stayed in the 'new' wing. Very nice themed rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

Dear LondonCityview,

Reviewed 17 March 2013

When it comes to big hotel chains, I am weary of writing reviews right after the very first stay, as a single stay is not sufficient to measure the hospitality.

I have previously stayed at the Radisson Blu at Salwa Road on company business. Though not as impressive as the likes of the Marriot or Sheraton or central to the most happening cultural or commerical hotspots, its not too far away either and is a short drive to few of the shopping malls. There is a small one right behind called "the center" with an average size supermarket. The Radisson is not so much of a luxury hotel, but more of a poor man's business hotel spruced up a bit to look like a luxury hotel, which after a few stays would realise is only skin deep and waiting to fall apart.

I informed the front desk of my arrival time one day prior to the stay, as I wanted to ensure a swift checkin to the room for a shower and nap after several exhausting days of travel & work & a nagging back injury. I came in at the time previously informed, but was made to wait for more than an hour as the room, according to the staff was being cleaned. The back injury did not allow me to sit for long periods, hence I went out for a stroll. The room was not available even after returning from stroll. It was not an improvement, compared to the half hours wait during my previous visit. When I eventually got to the room, it was right under a room undergoing heavy renovation. The drilling above went on all day & I was too exhausted to search for another hotel. Despite several requests to change, I was not provided an alternate room. The predicament got worse, when I heard from a hotel staff I came to know during my previous stay that, there were rooms available, but was not offered one of them as my company had booked one in a certain category & there was shortage of rooms in that category. All of this despite having a Carlson Club membership! Now thats a new benchmark in guest loyalty management!

The smiling faces did not match the hospitality or service rendered and I left the hotel earlier than planned for the airport. The loungue at Doha airport was more comfortable than the room at the Radisson. Be prepared to compromise and carry ear plugs just in case.

1  Thank ARajMilano

Dear ARajMilano,

I was sorry to read your review of the hotel.

Please note we will always try to accommodate early arrivals and if the rare occasion should arise where a guest is not happy with their hotel room we will always look to resolve the problem.

I am sorry that this did not happen on this occasion.
I would appreciate if you could email me so that I can look into this matter further. (Leslie.Weddle@radissonblu.com)

Please let me know the next time you intend to stay with us so that I can ensure you have a pleasant stay.

Kind regards

Reviewed 17 March 2013

I have stayed at several hotels in Doha and to be honest the Radisson Blu did reach my expectations, The room was fine and a lovely touch with the complimentary bowl of fruit, Teddy Bar and dressing gown. However the restaurants were really not that great, especially the Spanish Tapas restaurant where the food seemed to be all deep fried.

The staff were very helpful and informative.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Dear Kanella,

Thank you for your review and positive comments.

I am pleased to hear you had a pleasant stay at the hotel.

I am sorry you did not enjoy our Tapas restaurant Picasso's as we usually have great reviews for this restaurant.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future to take the opportunity to try one of our other 11 restaurants.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

On arrival at the airport I went to the Radisson desk and was looked after by a young man there who kept me with him, as I was travelling alone at this point, until he put me into a Hotel car. A nice touch.

I enjoyed my stay at the Radisson last week, although there were a couple of niggles... This hotel is in two parts, the older and the newer. I stayed in the old side, having booked a double room. I was asked if I required smoking or non smoking. Having chosen non smoking I was shown to a small double room on the 7th floor which had a strong musty smell. I immediately commented on
this and said I wasn't prepared to stay there. I was shown to a second room on the 4th floor which was obviously a no smoking floor as every door had the sign on it. The room was lovely and much more in keeping with my expectations. The other niggle was that having asked the concierge for a taxi to the Waqif Souk we were put in a hotel car and dropped off there, however it was closed at this point for about 4 hours, so why no tell us that instead of just dropping us off to a closed up souk?

Please note...There is currently renovation work going on in the older building on the 11th floor.
Small amount of noise down on floor 4, not enough to bother you.

Apart from this I only have positives really. The staff in the restaurants/turn down service/bars etc were very attentive in an unobtrusive way. We ate in both of the buildings Chinese, Indian, Italian, bistro etc. and drank in the Champagne Bar and Manhattan Bar.

You forget that smoking is still allowed in restaurants and bars, so you are aware of it a bit more, however there are non smoking tables etc.

Whilst there I had a Thai body massage in the cabana club, and a spa pedicure in the new building's spa on the ground floor, both good value and good service.

The pool area is quiet, very clean and not overly busy as this hotel is used by a lot of businessmen. The pool was a very good size, cleans etc and had two lifeguards on duty. Very safe for children. Children had their own pool area with fun water things. Also a jacuzzi.

One other small annoyance was the free Internet in the old building didn't work in the new one!

Room Tip: Furthest away from 11th floor renovations
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Radisson Blu D, Public Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear sunilpmone,

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
We will pass on your positive comments to the rest of the team.

We looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

While not central the Radisson Blue is located only around a five minute taxi ride from the souk and corniche area. The staff were very friendly and hepful. The breakfast selction was impressive and propbably the best feature of the food offer, which is extensive. The evening buffet, in the same restaurant was I'm afraid rather disappointing and should be avoided and the choice was very limited. The rooms are a good size and well equipped, ehile again the room staff are very attentive and offer very good levels of service. The hotel has free wifi throughout which is a big plus. Wifi extends to the pool area again great if your are, like me, on a business trip as it allows you to work outside the room. on the downside the bedroom windows are extremely dirty and the sports bar seems to be a haven for smokers, which puts me off even venturing through the door.

Taxi and car services to the hotel are excellent and almost immediately available when you need them. Behinf the hotel, exiting through the pool and spa area, in a small shopping complex with a large supermarket - a big boost when it comes to stocking up the fidge or buying snacks as an alternative to a full meal.

All in all a very pleasant stay and a hotel that I'd be happy to return to.

Room Tip: Avoid room over the sports bar as I'm informed by one of my colleagues they can get a little noi...