“Great hotel”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha
Ranked #23 of 138 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I had originally booked the Sheraton at West bay to stay but at the last minute there was an issue with that so booked a business room at the Radisson. I must say it exceeded my expectation as the place was great and much closer to my work destination meaning I didn't have to battle the West Bay traffic each day!

All of the restaurants that I ate in (there are many) were good and the service was good, although the food in the sports bar wasn't much to write about.

The business room was huge and it had the added bonus of free entry in to the business lounge meaning free nibbles and drink (5pm-7pm from memory), especially good considering a bottled beer was generally around £7 each in any of the various bars in the hotel. The pool area was fantastic and it must have been the deepest pool I've ever been in, about 12-14 feet deep!

The food at the pool snack bar was fantastic, I would highly recommend the steak sandwich.

There are 2 gyms on site, one is quite small and the other is huge, both are great and have all the equipment you would need.

All in all I would recommend this hotel, it's not near the beach (preferred) but it still meets all the requirement from a large modern hotel

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Radisson Blu D, Resident Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Mr. John,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Doha!!

We truly appreciate the time you have taken to give a detailed feedback on your stay with us.

Look forward to having you stay with us again.

Warm Regards
Resident Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,140)

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Everything was perfect... From kitchen service, check-in/out, room quality to driver friendliness going to airport... Best meals was breakfast variety accompanied with a coffee to die for, just best taste ever...

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Radisson Blu D, Resident Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Mr. Harder,

Warm Greetings from Radisson Blu Hotel Doha!

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Happy guests such as you are our true ambassadors.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 27 June 2014

The hotel is not quite as posh as some of the others inDoha, however it still is immaculately clean and tidy. The main thing I like about this place is that it just has a nice feel and atmosphere where people can be who they want and dress how they want without the pretentious issues that you sometimes find in other places. The staff are always polite and well mannered and know how to interact with the customers at a personable level, rather than feeling like they are kissing butt. The sports bar is a great place to go and just enjoy a beer and some footy.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Radisson Blu D, Resident Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Mr. Alfiebaby,

Warm Greetings from Radisson Blu Hotel Doha!

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. Happy guests such as you are our true ambassadors.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Lovely hotel with a really nice restaurant, massive very impressive room, its just a shame that they charged me for breakfast the second day, it was free the first day, very strange!

Get a room high up to get a good view over Qatar

Room Tip: The higher the better to get a nice view.

Dear Mr. Chrisradioman,

Warm Greetings from Radisson Blu Hotel Doha!

We have also noted that you booked a room only rate and apologies for the confusion over the breakfast charges.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

More than happy with the service during our stay, rooms were spacious and well prepared. Pool area was lovely. BreakFast buffet was fantastic. Evening buffet was very good, we are twice at the Indian restaurant, very good highly recommended, once at the fish restaurant and one in the Italian job (not recommended) poor food, and service.

Room Tip: Free shuttle from hotel to airport every hour on the hour
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Ms. Modernistitaly,

Warm Greetings from Radisson Blu Hotel Doha!

We have noted your comments on our Italian restaurant, The Italian Job and we will strive to improve the same.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

First of all, I am very much unsatisfied with the airport pickup. There was no one from Radisson in the airport greeting area. I had to call reservation desk of the hotel and check with the airport information center - "where is Radisson staff?" After I found him inside the airport he was not bothered to show me the shuttle bus. He told me go out from that door you will see Radisson bus in 5-10 minutes!!!! I dont expect this service! Finally when I arriived in the hotel, nobody was bothered to greet me!! I went on my own to one of the reception, there they told me I have a Deluxe room booking which is in the East Wing. I had to take my bag all the way to next building. wow....this is what you call customer service??

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Mr. Naveena,

Warm Greetings from Radisson Blu Hotel Doha!

Thank you for your comments.

We are disappointed that you had a less than perfect stay at our Hotel due to the issues with your arrival experience. I have shared your feedback with the concerned department head.

We look forward to welcoming you back and exceeding your expectations.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Definately one of the better hotels to stay in, hoping to return soon.
Staff were attentive and helpful at all times. Could fault nothing and thoroughly recommend it, whether for an overnight stay, a week or longer.

Room Tip: Make the most of the pool early as it can get busy.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business