“Radison Blu Doha”

Ranked #22 of 131 Hotels in Doha
London
“Radison Blu Doha”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

The hotel is clean tidy and well placed being about 30 mins from the airport. there are a variety of restaurants . the hotel pool and gym are good and provide a welcome area for relaxation . The rooms are bright and clean and provides all you need for a good nights sleep.
Staff are helpful and accommodating and the reception area is large and comfortable.
I would say its more for the business traveller than families but no reason why a family wouldn't enjoy the stay at such a hotel.

Room Tip: try to get a room overlooking the pool area
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Colin N
Radisson Blu D, Resident Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Mr. Colin,

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Sophia Sumitran

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
New Lenox, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Its probably not the best in Qatar but I must say I enjoyed it. I was upgraded to the business class floor once I checked in as I am an Elite member. The Suite was impressive with luxurious beddings and furniture . The business floor had a refreshment lounge with drinks and light buffet .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Wisam G
Dear Mr. Wisam,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Doha!!

We truly appreciate the time you have taken to give a feedback on your stay with us.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Lugano, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Business trip of only one night, I was not impressed by this hotel. Rooms are quite new but very small. Overall clean, it's a bit too big and very crowded. It's quite far from Downtown, but convenient from Doha Airport. Ok for a business stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank sarosio
Dear Mr. Sarosio,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Radisson Blu Hotel Doha.

It is truly disappointing to know that your short stay with us did not meet your expectations. Your feedback has been taken into consideration.

Thank you again for your comments.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel nearly during all my visits in Doha for business. If you are confused: yes this is the former Ramada Plaza Hotel, which is now under the management of Radisson Blu. For me the location of the place is perfect, since I rather seldom have appointments on the "West Bay" side of town.
The hotel offers a free shuttle bus from the airport, which leaves every 30 minutes (but sometimes only every 60 minutes). However if you miss the bus it is inexpensive to use a taxi to reach the hotel which should take about 15 minutes.
The check in was always uncomplicated, once I even got a room upgrade, which was excellent, but normally I find the standard room is enough for the business traveler. It recently has been refurbished, the rooms are modern and bright. The bed offers a very good sleep quality, internet works fine and it is always clean. I never got disappointed from this perspective at this hotel.
The hotel offers 20 restaurants, which in my opinion is excellent (Chinese, Indian, Japanese, Spanish, Italian, Intercontinental etc etc. ). For dinner you definitely do not have to starve at this place, however I find it rather difficult for lunch, as only the main (buffet) restaurant and another smaller (bistro type) restaurant are open. For lunch it is better to go out, just across the street are plenty of restaurants as well. Furthermore it is a bit difficult to dine after 11pm, as most of the restaurants are about to close at this time.
Breakfast takes place at the main restaurant and the range of food is quite ok (warm and cold), more than enough and it will definitely give you a good start into the day.
The hotel also offers a pool bar, it used to serve alcohol, but since a while this is not the case anymore, however you can still enjoy soft drinks while sitting in the water. Perfect to relax after a long day.
I did not use the spa facilities.
At night the hotel offers a couple of bars, pubs and a night club. I normally prefer the "Orion" which is a Moroccan style bar with live music. The club is not really worth a visit, it has more like a teenager school party atmosphere.
I'd like to point out one thing the hotel once did for me, which is really outstanding: After a stay I left to the airport, checked in to my flight and while I was waiting at the gate I realized that I forgot all my things in the safe in my hotel room. After a call the hotel managed to send me everything with a driver from the room to the airport and via a representative of the airline it was delivered right to the gate I was waiting at, within 45 minutes. So I was able to board on time and I had all my belongings back. Really great service!
Highly recommendable, especially for a business trip.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MrFalkone
Dear Mr. Falkone,

We truly appreciate the time you have taken to give a detailed feedback on your stay with us.

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your numerous stays in our Hotel. It is very rewarding that you appreciated the quick and efficient service offered by our team members in returning your belongings left behind in your room safe.

We look forward to having another opportunity to exceed all your expectations.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

The hotel is located in a very easily accessible area. The advantage is that the hotel provides free shuttle bus service from and to the airport. The staff at the airport are very helpful and cooperative. The services in the hotel are good, rooms are clean and well furnished. Room service is good & prompt. The lobby is spacious & well furnished, ideal for receiving visitors and small meetings. Free internet service is available at all places in the hotel, rooms & lobby. The internet speed is also quite good. Overall, I would sum it as a good place to stay, good value for money, comfortable and suitable for business and family stays.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Radisson Blu D, Resident Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Mr. Keshavan,

Thank you for your kind feedback.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to see you soon again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for one night on a business visit
Right from airport pick and drop everything was perfect
Rooms are very neat and well maintained bathrooms
Good room service and the breakfast was great
We got some South Indian dosa and it was up to the mark
We'll kept rooms good linen and air on was perfect for the temperature outside was around 44 degrees centigrade
Would like to visit again
Please keep it up
Good price and value for the amount paid

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mr. Vallivish,

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us.

Look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

The room was spacious enough to hold a small party for 10! I was an extra person who came along with 2 of my friends and I comfortably slept on the big L-couch situated at the corner of the room. Their club/bar was packed but drinks were reasonably priced. The hotel is situated at the heart of the city so grocery marts, restaurant and fast food chains were all accessible.

Room Tip: The deluxe room with the large L-couch is the best budget-friendly room.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Radisson Blu D, Resident Managerr at Radisson Blu Hotel, Doha, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Ms. Leah,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Doha!!

We are happy to hear that you found our rooms spacious and comfortable.

We look forward to have you visit us again soon

Resident Manager.