“Keeping fit while you eat.”
Review of The Square

The Square
Ranked #101 of 919 Restaurants in Doha
Price range: US$30 - US$100
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Featuring four interactive kitchens specializing in six influential cuisines from Japan, China, India, Thailand, Europe and the Middle East, guests at The Square indulge in an eclectic mix of international cuisines from East to West and will be pleasantly surprised with four distinct seating areas and a worldly dining experience. Famous for its legendary Cosmopolitan Buffet Nights on Thursdays and its extensive Brunch on Fridays.Serves: Breakfast | Lunch | Dinner
Reviewed 18 September 2013

First time at the Square and was not too dissapointed. The food I sampled was excellent and there was more than enough choice to keep me happy. The sushi was excellent, and combined with the long walks around the "Square" I felt it was a healthy experience.
My one real gripe was the lack of toilets available, and found myself having to travel in lifts to try and find some available facilities. Each double toilet had one stall out off order which added to the problem, as well as the queues of comically dancing men as desperate to use the facitlities as I was.
I will go again, but will check in advance to see if they have fixed the plumbing.

Your_dedicated_host, General Manager at The Square, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Hi Scotty!
We kept the choice and quality as is and all has been tackled and is ready for your next visit! :)
You shall not be disappointed!
See you soon at The Square @ InterContinental Doha The City!

Reviewed 28 April 2013

Having moved to Doha in February, we booked the brunch as a special treat as we had friends over from Dubai.

The restaurant itself was extremely welcoming and very clean. The food was second to none, excellent selection, high standard and very moorish. I would say that our group are brunch experts, as we have literally brunched around Dubai the last 4 years.

Very impressed with The Square, the staff were excellent, service was of a high standard and well worth the cost per head.

A massive thumbs up, we will be going back soon.

Your_dedicated_host, General Manager at The Square, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Hi SindyLou,
thank you for your review and most probably... you are right... we are aspiring to offer the best Cosmopolitan Night on Thursday evenings AND the best Brunch of the City on Fridays!
Hope to see you back soonest for more... we keep adding to it!
Your Square Team

Reviewed 17 April 2013

This past Saturday, April 13, 2013 we decided to have dinner at The Square. We were a small group, only four of us. The restaurant had only two other patrons, it was nearly empty. The buffet was Oriental. However, we came to learn that Oriental at The Square means Lebanese cuisine. Had we known this prior to booking the reservation, we would have not gone. We really wanted Asian. It was down hill from here.

We had to clear our dishes from our table at least five times. The service was really slow and poor. Basic items such as tahina sauce were missing from the food table and did not arrive until very late in the meal. The quality of the food was anywhere from poor to terrible.

By the desert time, we all were feeling like we had eaten poor quality tasteless food. It really was a disappointment. My wife complained about your stomach and my son and his friend were not enjoying much of anything. As for me, I made the best of it but I too was feeling like I had eaten food that was sub par.

Back to desert. We tried several deserts and like the main course, nothing was hitting the mark. We needed small spoons for the pudding cups but could not find any in the food table area. We made it back to the table and ate our pudding with forks...strange but this is the evening we were having. Only after completing the desert did the server arrive with small spoons.

The grand shocker of the meal was the bill for the drinks. A can of Pepsi and Seven Up and one bottle of water....78QR. Each can of soda cost 24QR...bit steep and yes, I felt like I had just been given an insult to add to the injury of the evening. I complained to the Assistant Manager because the Manager was not working that particular night. As is so often the story in Doha, the Assistant Manager could not do anything. Powerless to make the customer happy. What a shame for a 5 star hotel.

It will be the last time we visit The Square.

1  Thank Norman F
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Starting From calling the hotel several time and no answer , or being transferred many times to the restaurant without a reply and the irony they took my details so they call me back and they did after 1 hour .

The quality of the food is below average even the design of the place where the food is distributed all around where you need to take a long walk every time you need something .

In General i don't like to give bad recommendations , but for a intercontinental restaurant this below the average especially if you compare with the Coral in the other intercontinental .

Reviewed 25 February 2013

The square offers theme nights over the week. I went on the Italian night. It was so authentic. Staff are so friendly. The place is spacious. It might be annoying that the buffet is divided into three stations. We have to move from one room to another for main dishes. I am planning to try all other nights when time allows.

1  Thank wh0208674