“Food Qaulity”

Cuisines: American, Asian, Polynesian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My wife and i went to the restaurant on Saturday, June 14th, 2014 to celebrate Fathers Day.

We got there and had a nice stroll from the lobby of the hotel to the restaurant which was situated on the water. Sat down and waited while the waiter came to serve us. This he did very well. The overall experience was good.

My wife chose a chicken dish and i had the curry lamb. The meal went well and within half an hour to 45 minutes of leaving the restaurant i had severe stomach upset and griping. I ended up with vomiting and diahrea that night. I went to the hospital and had a course of medication and sick leave that week.

I am now able to get over it enough to write about it. I will definitely think twice before going back here again to eat a meal. Something is either wrong with the preparation of the food or wrong with the storage of the food or both.

TV_Team, Manager at Trader Vic's, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear bigsteve402,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I regret to hear about your sick leave. Rest assure that we have a very strict food safety management system in place and I would be more than happy to provide you more details regarding your concern. Please feel free to contact me directly for further information.

You may reach me at Frederik.Wisselink@Hilton.com

Frederik Wisselink
Food and Beverage Manager

Reviewed 6 June 2014

They have the Best bartenders in Doha, drinks are superb and fast. The atmosphere is nice regardless if the live band is playing or not. Those Puka puka’s and Maitai’s are the best!

JohnAllan_TV, Manager at Trader Vic's, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear EatYourWayThrough,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback. I am very delighted to hear that you enjoyed our services and the atmosphere. On behalf of the whole teamwe hope to welcome you back soon in our Trader Vic’s restaurant.

Trader Vic’s Team

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Really good service, food and atmosphere with friendly and attentive staff, nothing was too much trouble. Maitais were fantastic, one the best places to go in Doha.

JohnAllan_TV, Manager at Trader Vic's, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Dave H

Thank you very much for the valuable and kind feedback which I have shared with my team. I am very delighted to hear that you enjoyed our services and atmosphere. On behalf f the whole team I would like to welcome you back in our Trader Vic’s restaurant.

Kind Regards,
Trader Vic’s Manager

Reviewed 31 May 2014

It's a shame the only place free of smoke in Doha now allows smokers inside the place. it should continue with the smoker place outside coz we don't need to get sick just having fun

JohnAllan_TV, Manager at Trader Vic's, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Nelcy P

Thank you for your valuable feedback and please be assured that your concerns will be addressed. We hope to welcome you back soon to a different environment.

Trader Vic’s Manager

Reviewed 29 May 2014

A group of four girlfriends went to Trader Vic's for dinner and dancing. We made a reservation and were promptly seated when we arrived. From there, getting the attention of the wait staff was a bit difficult as they were incredibly busy. They could have used a couple of more waiters for sure. Once we could get someone at our table, we were served pleasantly. Our food was very good and the prices were right. The Cuban band that was playing was excellent and we really enjoyed dining and dancing though some of the unwanted advances by a little over zealous males looking for a date was a bit much. If you want to just go and have a good time, the drinks are well made and they did not skimp on the alcohol in them.

JohnAllan_TV, Manager at Trader Vic's, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Hoagy74

Thank you very much for your kind and valuable feedback which I have shared with my team. I am very delighted to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere and your dining experience and as for the services feedback please be advised that we will utilize it in order to improve our guest’s satisfaction.

On behalf of the Trader Vic’s team I would like to welcome you back again in our restaurant.

Trader Vic’s manager