“romantic tea time”

Dining options: Reservations
Doha, Qatar
“romantic tea time”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I went there with my hubby. we were very tired and wanted to have something to drink but in quiet place and enjoy the sea view. It was the best choice . I called them to book for afternoon high tea but it was fully booked. so we went there and found a nice place and ordered from the menu. The staff were helpful and welcoming. we ordered a cheese platter and some fig and cheese served with grilled meat. We also tried the pomegranate smoothie. The total price was reasonable and the service was quick.We went for a walk outside and the scenery was breathtaking.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Maryam A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Arabic first
Qatar
“Worst service in Doha”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

For the prices they charged you, you would expect a wonderful service...well, it was terrible even rude! the only good part about going to the St Regis that day was the harpist , lovely lady with real talent!

Visited June 2014
Texas
“Absolutely beautiful afternoon tea”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

A friend treated me to tea at the St. Regis and it was nothing short of a spectacular afternoon (which turned into an evening). We both had the Lady Caroline Astor afternoon tea. The Roast Beef with watercress was my favorite because the horseradish sauce on it is just the right amount of spicy. The scones were fantastic and the clotted cream was delicious; though it was apparent the preserves were out of a jar (though I'm sure a very expensive one). I honestly don't remember the name of the tea that I had but it was delicious and the staff did an excellent job keeping the pots full of hot water.

I find it unfortunate that others haven't had the experience with the service that we had. The woman who waited on us was attentive and funny and did an excellent job explaining everything to us; she also promptly answered all of our questions and was somehow available every time we needed something.

We sat inside on one of the couches overlooking the patio and even though I was (at the time) 5 months pregnant I was very comfortable and had no problem lounging until well after the sun set. I hope my friend and I have the opportunity to spend another afternoon like this soon.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank WestTXTravelGirl
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“disappointing afternoon tea”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I was really looking forward to this treat as my friend had visited several times before and had raved about how wonderful it was.
The service initially was not good, we waited half an hour for someone to take our order ,then our server did not explain the different options to us .We ordered coffee with cream but were served hot milk and when the sandwiches arrived the bread was hard and dry, our server apologised and exchanged the sandwiches promptly but the disappointment had already set in and we felt what should have been a wonderful experience was ruined.The cakes and scones were delicious but the selection for 3 people was limited. the menu also stated that we should be served a glass of sparkling juice , on asking our server about this we were told that this was was no longer on the menu as it had recently been changed. The whole experience was a complete disaster and totally unexpected from a top end establishment such as the St Regis. I shall not recommend the afternoon tea experience to any of my friends or colleagues and shall not return on my next visit to Qatar.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Missoptimist
Doha, Qatar
“Sarab Lounge - huge disappointment!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I booked a high tea at the Sarab Lounge with family and friends in honor of Mother's Day. The website had declared a "special" Mother's Day treat the weekend leading up to the day. Imagine my surprise and disappointment with the "special" treat! Wait, there was no special treat. In fact, the tea was the exact same menu they have on any regular day. When I complained to the hostess, she said something about how the chef wanted to ensure that there was variety in the options available. Confusing? Yes, as it was for me. I have had brunch in this hotel and was so thoroughly impressed. My problem is that I expected the same, amazing service and then some.

That this establishment would advertise a special tea and then not live up to it disappoints me. More so because I have had the best high tea in other hotels in Doha (such as the Ritz and the Marriott). Had I known that the sandwiches would be stale and that the jam for the scones would be jar-bought, I would have booked elsewhere. It's too bad I was duped into thinking that my experience would be better because of their false advertisement.

I'm especially disappointed since this was the first high tea for my friends and they probably won't be coming back to the Sarab Lounge in the future. I can't say I disagree.

Been to Sarab Tea Lounge St Regis? Share your experiences!