“Good base for a short stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Amari Doha Qatar

Amari Doha Qatar
Ranked #17 of 141 Hotels in Doha
London
“Good base for a short stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

The rooms, bathroom, wifi, pool and breakfast were all lovely. The location is close to the main attractions. I'd liken the neighbourhood to Bur Dubai for anyone familiar with Dubai. Noise from the construction work wasn't an issue. Walking to and from the souq/corniche/museum of Islamic art is fairly easy apart from obstructed sidewalks (not hotel's fault). Only service negative was missing towels in my room and that it took one hour and two phone calls to get the towels delivered. Overall a nice hotel for short break in Doha. I'd recommend.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank dtmLondon
Ummer F, Manager at Amari Doha Qatar, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear DtmLondon,

Thank you very much for sharing your stay experience you had with Amari Doha with others here on Trip Advisor.

Our sincere apologies for the delay you encountered in delivering the towels and we have addressed this issue to the concern department.

It is really nice to read that you have enjoyed the other facilities and services of the hotel.

Thank you once again for an overwhelming review and look forward to welcoming you back in near future.

Amari Doha

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

We had our daughter's first b'day at Amari Doha. It is a beautiful hotel with an even more wonderful group of staff.. They went out of their lengths and made sure that they gave us the perfect venue and settings that we had wished for. We went with a theme in mind and they all worked to every detail they could to bring it out. Special mention goes to the Operations Manager- F&B - Sundeep who actually went shopping to pick a few decorative items to match the theme and added a lot more to what I could manage.. It was beyond our expectation. Also the food and the cake was amazing and we had our guests complimenting about it. Cannot leave without mentioning how well they presented the food to our guests.. We would any day recommend Amari for any function because of the facilities and the team of staff they have.. All in a reasonable price range.. !!
Oh and yes loved their macaroons... :)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

Check In was fast and efficient. Friendly staff. Room is big and clean.
Bathroom has a shower but no bathtub. Breakfast buffet was ok. The only drawback is
that its surrounded by a lot of construction sites.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ummer F, Manager at Amari Doha Qatar, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear gtravel123,

Thank you for taking time to post the review of your recent stay at Amari Doha.

We are very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed the stay with us and thank you for the inspiring comments on our friendly staff, breakfast and room’s quality of the hotel.

Please note that we have few rooms available with bathtub and you may please advise us your recent stay details in order to place the room preference in our hotel system for your future stays.

Thank you once again for choosing Amari Doha and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

This was a great trip to Qatar. An amazing new hotel and I have to say: Location, location, and location are key for this hotel and made my stay.

I was able to secure one of their opening offers with a 33% discount on stays 5 days or longer plus an upgrade to their delux room including the breakfast buffet. I paid about $124 USD a night.

The delux room was on the top floor (12th) with one of the nicest showers I have had so far (see picture).

The room offered complimentary two 500ml bottles of water which were replaced on a daily base plus coffee and tea. I really enjoyed the daily 3 printed pages of the top world news and local news. Local would be “The Times” for UK customers, “Independent” for US, and the “Tagesrundschau” which I received a few times as a German national. This was one of the few signs that the hotel is still trying to figure out their daily operations and routine. Same for the turn down service which I received only 5 times over my 16 nights stay.

Here is a link to the delux room on the hotel website:

The second highlight next to the shower was the breakfast buffet. There was a juice bar, eggs, pancakes, and waffles made to order Indian curry and Thai noodles, baked beans, potatoes, hash browns, fresh fruits, olives, hummus, fish, cheese…, and a huge bread selection. They had a great coffee and specialty coffee made on request. I guess my list above gives you a good impression on my daily breakfast selection :-)

This view from my room was over old town Doha with a huge city development project. It is a massive construction site but the double glass windows filtered all the noise and it didn’t bother me at all. It takes about 10 minutes to walk to the Souq Waqif http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Souq_Waqif

You will find amazing shopping and restaurants there and I paid about $5.50 USD for a Shisha and $10 for meals (and up). My favorite was a Lebanese bakery with their baked cheeses (“similar” to pizza bread with a variety of cheese toppings).

You can also reach the Doha Corniche http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doha_Corniche in 15 minutes and have access to all the sites there.

A last detail I really enjoyed about the location is the small stores around this area. I went to one of the best Indian restaurant I have been in years for a $6 meal covering my annual garlic consumption with one dish – awesome place. Also for my job there were any kinds of stores offering concrete drills, jig saws, mirrors – literally everything.

The trip was quite exhausting and work took it tolls but this hotel and the area mad it worth it.
I am looking forward going back to this hotel!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Ummer F, Manager at Amari Doha Qatar, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear M_Schali,

It is truly great to read your flourishing review on your recent stay with us and thank you very much for sharing an inspiring feedback in Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed the stay with us and pleased with the facilities and services of Amari Doha.

Thank you once again for choosing our hotel and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.

Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Stayed at Amari Doha for a overnight transfer flight. Arrived late night and left early morning. The hotel was nice to arrange breakfast basket as we left for the airport 5.30 am. Friendly front desk staff and lovely room.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DK-Desi
Ummer F, Manager at Amari Doha Qatar, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Dear DK-Desi,

Thank you for taking time to post the review of your recent short stay at Amari Doha.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

Its a pleasure to write a review about this hotel,they have good Staff's, services, food, gym and other Amenities’, The rooms are so modern it gives a good fell, ofcourse the size of rooms are not upto the mark which i felt in other hotels, especially when we get friends or guest to our rooms.The king size bed with good lighting arrangements gives us a good sleep. I would recommend this hotel to everyone as its value for price & services

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Ummer F, Manager at Amari Doha Qatar, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear Parthaa,

Thank you for taking time to share your valuable review with Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and certainly, we appreciate your encouraging words on all features of the hotel.

Thank you once again for choosing Amari Doha and look forward to welcoming you back in near future.

Doha
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

I am currently living in Doha since 2 years and always enjoy to have a good massage when I feel tired at work, once in a while... Last week I decide to try the Breeze Spa and was enchanted by the service I receive from the therapists, it is by far the best massage I receive in ages. My back pain, which I had a week ago got resolve in only one hour under the magic hands of Maria who is very professional and polite.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ummer F, Manager at Amari Doha Qatar, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear Peter A,

Thank you for taking time to share your positive and inspiring words on Breeze Spa and especially about our therapist, Maria.

We are extremely delighted to read that you were so happy with her proficient and polite service. Certainly, we will pass your comments to Maria and she will be thrilled to receive your encouraging words.

Thank you again for giving us an excellent review and look forward to welcoming you back to
Amari Doha.