“Pool side ambience”

Rocca
Ranked #197 of 872 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Entice your senses at Rocca with Italian fare prepared in a lively open kitchen and wood-fired oven. Set close to one of the hotel's swimming pool, the restaurant also offers traditional poolside favourites and light fare during the day. Outdoor terrace seating is exceptionally enjoyable during the cooler season.
Noosa Heads
“Pool side ambience”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Was on my way back from Lagoona shopping mall with dinner and decided to pop in for lunch and a vino as there's no beverages in this town outside of your home or an International Hotel.
I had the traditional rocket and buffalo mozzarella salad, freshest of fresh mozzarella and quantity was astounding. Dressed with basil infused olive oil, a great treat. The staff were attentive Nd very good but it's a bit of a maze of lifts and walkways to reach the cafe. Well worth it, I'll be back

• Visited November 2013

• Arabic first
Cork
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Booked a table for 10 people. Very good table by the window with a view. Staff couldn't have been more attentive. Waiter was upbeat, and made several very good suggestions to help with our choices, which ranged from fish, lamb, pasta and pizza mains, to various delicious salad starters. The food was beautifully cooked...all 10 people got exactly what was ordered. Pleasing10 women at a table is no mean feat, but Rocca did this effortlessly and with a smile. The portions were generous and tasty, and really well priced. Love this restaurant...all 10 said they will be back! Thank you Rocca!

• Visited October 2013
Doha, Qatar
“Go elsewhere for decent Italian”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Rocca is situated out by the pool in the Hyatt in West Bay. They have outdoor seating in better weather, but here in August that isn't an option, so this time we sat inside. It was midweek so the restaurant was quiet, with zero atmosphere. They apparantly have a new menu; however it was rather scant in my view and dominated by pizza and pasta with few meat or fish choices. As a point of principle, I never order pizza when dining out, as the mark-ups are ridiculous. I had scallops supposedly with a parmesan crust. They were small but tasted Ok, though not really of parmesan. My wife had a trio of bruscheta, which was dry. For mains, I had the lamb chops, which I asked for medium but they came well done, accompanied by wedges (descibed on the menu as "crispy potatoes". My wife's salmon was average. The manager asked about the food, and when I told him about the overcooked lamb he apologised and the chef brought over a free dessert, an apple pie. It was dry as a bone, and tasteless. There are far better Italian options in Doha than this - Carluccious or Lo Spaghetto for example. Not recommended based on this experience.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Scott197
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Family Pool Day with lunch at Rocca”
Reviewed 23 April 2013

My daughter and Greandchildren were over and decided to treat them to a day at The Pool. We ordered some drinks from Rocca from the poolside, after repeating the order at least 5 times, they still got it wrong, and we waited an hour for the drinks, even thou we had to chase the staff for our order.

At lunch we needed a table of 7, staff really didnt seem to want us to pull two tables together, seems to much to ask. On ordering our food, that seemed easy enough. It just seemed that people that sat after us were having a more attentive service compared to us. Bread was deleived when the mains came, ordered butter, we asked 3 times, staff just seem to have no spirit.

Kids wanted the pasta dish with a tomato sauce, very bland, and quite expensive for what it was. Pizza was just a normal pizza, nothing to exciting. Our food was nice, nothing out of this world, Ive tasted nicer food in Doha.

Staff need to be trained in customer service, as they lacked in personality and drive, somehow I felt they just didnt want to be there.

• Visited April 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Don't attempt to eat here at 5pm”
Reviewed 20 April 2013

While staying at the Grand Hyatt we decided to take our children to the Rocca to have their dinner at 5pm. The waiter seated us, set the table with placemats and condiments and gave us not only the full Rocca menu (which sounded delicious) but also the poolside menu.

We decided on the meals we wished to order for the children. A different waiter came to our table - we thought to take our order. He preceded to say that the kitchen was closed and we could not order. We said then why did the other waiter set the table and give us menus, he said because some people like to read the menu, we asked to see the other waiter he said that no - he was the manager and that the kitchen was closed. His attitude and manner was arrogant and rude.

We all got up and left - my husband walked across the street to Lagoona Mall and bought our children takeaway from Wagamama instead.

The hotel compendium states that The Rocca is open for dining all day. This was not the case for us. My husband and I had originally planned to dine there once our kids were asleep - we did not go back.

• Visited April 2013