“Better options for long term stays” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ascott Doha

Ascott Doha
Ranked #86 of 141 Hotels in Doha
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Better options for long term stays”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

Whilst we had no disastrous experiences as other reviews have mentioned, I think there are better options for long term stays in Doha. But on the positive side: we had a one bedroom apartment for a month whilst we looked for an apartment. The bedroom was huge and I was able to set up the home computer and printer, there were adequate powers point for this and for charging 2 sets mobiles and ipads.
Kitchen has decent sized fridge, cook top/oven, microwave, dishwasher, washer/dryer but accessories are limited. Large TV in both bedroom and living room. There is a ensuite and a powder room. The windows are small so the rooms are dark, so lights need to be on all the time.
The apartment was comfortable but if it is newly renovated, I am surprised as the tiles on the walls and floors are chipped and those that have been filled stand out as the grout color has not been matched. The gym was well appointed with TV available on the treadmill......watch a film as walk or run for a full 90 mins was easy.
Some of the reception staff greets us every day and other could not take their eyes off their screens.
Location is excellent, only a few mins walk to City Centre where there is a big supermarket.
Housekeeping organized extra dishes, glasses and cutlery one night when we had friends for dinner.
The rooms are serviced 3 times a week.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Arabic first
Doha
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

Whilst staying at the Ascott Doha, the shower cabinet in my apartment shattered without warning and scattered glass over a wide area.

I was sitting in the living room when I heard a cracking noise. There was then a loud crashing noise and I found that the shower cabinet had disintegrated.

The team at the Ascott explained that it was possibly due to the humidity and has happened in other rooms. I was a bit surprised that humidity in a bathroom was being used as an excuse. And what would have happened if an adult or child had been in the bathroom when the shower cabinet shattered?

The fire alarms in the building also go off and immediately stop should not happen.

I would recommend that other travellers avoid this property for their own safety.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Doha hotels

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

Posting a response to my original review (after the lockout period on re-reviewing ) - The night working noise was indeed renegotiated to a ban 10pm to 6am, although in fact this was as much a result of me tracking down the site manager as well as the group of hotels around the site getting together to complain, and the noise was intrusive still in the mornings. Although they stopped piling work at night, there was still truck and bulldozer work that was ocassionaly still audible. I haven't stayed back there yet, but I am now staying just across from that site six months later and so far no noise issues at all. I do intend to try the Ascott again on my next lengthy stay in Doha as I liked it in general and many places in Doha city centre can suffer from nighttime noise, its a lottery really. I have changed my rating to reflect my experience without the noise issues.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Abu Dhabi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

I've just moved to Doha and needed a temporary stay near my office. I chose the Ascott because it was near my work and CityCenter, making it very convenient. The facility is relatively new as well. However, I do have some issues. First, they Advertise that there's a sauna/steam room, but its for Men only. This is quite upsetting since you're paying premium. Also, I'm staying here on a monthly basis, and I've asked for any discount for dry cleaning, again the answer was No. Not even a newspaper. Your complimentary water, toiletries is only provided once when you check-in. This is not a big deal, but in some places, they replace them. Last, if your staying monthly basis, make sure they calculate the # of days correctly because every time I talk to the reception, they tell me different versions, so you don't know which is the right one,and its really frustrating when you have to pay premium for it. Also their website mentions about a partnership with Krisflyer miles, but when you give them your Krisflyer membership for points, it's not applicable. Again, its always a NO or "I don't know". The pool is a small plunge pool. I don't think they want customers to come back. Is it a horrible place? No, but it has been frustrating..and there's nothing like paying for something that pisses you of, and they don't apologize for these shortcomings either or try to accommodate you. It's a business, not a hospitality.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank EvainAbuDhabi
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

this new addition to doha is really nice, apartments great, staff friendly, good facilities etc but its right next to a construction site with piling works that claims to have a 24hr working permission. After two days we are already driven mad by the noise late at night and early morning. Can only recommend this hotel for insomniacs or the deaf.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Shanglin, Public Relations Manager at Ascott Doha, responded to this review, 27 November 2012
Dear custard_travel, thank you for your feedback. We’ve just opened and to receive such great comments regarding our apartments, staff and facilities is extremely encouraging We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused by the ongoing construction nearby. We have spoken to the construction project team and we are pleased to inform you that all construction work will now stop by 10 pm. We are currently doing our best to place our guests in available apartments that are facing away from the construction project to further minimize the noise disruption. We look forward to welcoming you back at Ascott Doha again.