“Better than expected!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 105 things to do in Doha
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Better than expected!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Couldn't do it all in one trip, will have to go back!
Definitely one for those who don't like their museums like lifeless shopping malls. More like a home crossed with a Souq.
You have to go on a pre-arranged tour but call as there may be room if you haven't booked.
Not well sign posted so you have to keep following the directions you get on faith.
But it's an Aladdin's Cave of doors, furniture, clothes and cars in a very welcoming atmosphere. Our tour guide was very enthusiastic and keen for us to remember the passion behind the collections.
Will take others who come to visit as another perspective on Qatar.

Visited August 2014

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“What a funny surprise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

A museum that was indicated as opened especially during the Eid season was closed. However, a week later we had a chance. Be aware: it takes time to see the whole! = a collection of everything Mr Faisal found of his interest during his travels: very valuable pieces from all over the world, very old historic ones from everywhere, and do I mean EVERYWHERE. Camel pulled bridal carriages from India, excavated clay items found in the region - ages old, hundreds of cars - brands that disappeared over 50+ years ago, the weeping gypsy girl, US promotion signs, exceptional jewellery heritage, paintings of all standards, Omani carved doors. All exposed grab bag style. Your mind is jumping constantly. My brain chip was overloaded :-).
We noticed improvement to show things more coherent started - a good conservator started recently?

Visited July 2014
1 Thank ineke e
Doha, Qatar
450 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 196 helpful votes
“WOW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

What doesn't he collect??! The range of items is just incredible and unbelievable. there is so much to look at. I'm not really a museum person but this was such a random and interesting assortment of stuff that I would definitely recommend a visit

Visited October 2013
Somerset, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Fascinating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Why don't more people visit? It so deserves major tourist exposure. I'd like to see coach parties from the big hotels and travel companies put this on their programme .

Visited August 2014
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 182 helpful votes
“I wish to meet this person face to face”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

When I did the research about the tourist attraction in Doha ,this museum was on the top of them. I called the concierge and asked them to check for me how much is the ticket would cost and the location . Surprisingly, the concierge called me back to tell me that the tickets for free, but I have to send them an email to book a visit! Honestly , that made me more excited about visiting this museum . I went the next day after having the confirmation email. The museum manger was waiting me. She took me around each room, explaining what is this museum exactly. I found out that the founder and the owner for this museum is a history lover and a smart collector. He has in the museums a lot of stuff from the First and Second World War . Also he's personal stuff and his family pictures . One of the very touchable moment ,when I went to the religions room, it was collecting all religions old versions books,anything can be related to these religions .. Highly recommended to be visited

Visited September 2013