“You could be anywhere in the world it's pure luxury”

Four Seasons Hotel Doha
Ranked #3 of 140 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We had a bad time at the Marriot and were given an awful room, we were very stressed out with two small children and thought we would see if they had a room available. They did AMAZING, service is first class. The staff are happy and light hearted and excellent!
The room was amazing the sea view room view is one of the best I have seen in the world! The food is outstanding, however, a little pricy.
This is honeymoon style xx Loved it and can not wait to return xx
There is also a kids club which is fantastic!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Shadi S, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

We certainly like feedback from all of our guests but coming from someone who stayed with the whole family with us is very special. It was a delight to know that you had an excellence choice of hotel with excellent service. It is our goal not just to be another hotel but a Home-Away-From-Home, as well as giving you a sense of being in Doha rather than just another big city.

Having accomplished this is nice to hear and I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,168)

Reviewed 4 May 2014

My husband, son and I recently spend a week at The Four Seasons Hotel in Doha. This is a very beautiful decorated hotel. We had an incredible relaxing week. We stayed in a one bed-room suite which was amazing and with great views over both the arabic golf and the city. All staff was very friendly and professional. Our room was always kept nice and clean. They were unbelievably child-friendly in the hotel. The arrangements for kids at night was great. One night it was cinema night with a big television screen outdoor next to the sea, big pillows to sit on and lots of pop corn and snacks and drinks. Even though our son was too young to join the kids club on his own and only participated a few times, the women in charge of it still knew his name and tried to engage him whenever they saw him. The pool area is both for kids and adults with different pools.
The service at breakfast was spot on and we never waiting for anything; the breakfast buffet was delicious, and delicate in spite of the fact the hotel was full due to Easter break. We had many meals in our room and the food was delicious and brought by very nice people.
Just a 5 star experience all the way through. We love the Four Seasons Hotels and this was just another great and relaxing experience. We loved every moment there and would go back just to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Shadi S, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

I am glad to hear that we were able to make your stay enjoyable for you and your family. Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and our staff.

We hope that you can come back and join us soon, hopefully for another longer stay with us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 April 2014

The facilities of the Four Seasons Doha were fantastic. The only 2 reservations were not having a full sea view, and a machine crowded gym. Almost fifty percent of the seashore view was blocked with the pier, in which they conduct evening parties on Thursdays. Further, their attempt to provide a wide machine selection resulted in an overly crowded gym, without much free space for people who do functional training; working with free weights and doing body weight exercises. Swimming pools, whirlpools, and the spa rooms, however, were amazing.

Unfortunately, my iPhone and my iPod disappeared from my carry on baggage, most probably taken one of the employees who brought my baggage to my room. What surprised me was the reaction of staff members—total denial. I requested to see the manager, and instead, the person working at reception said the security personnel handle those issues. The security member who “investigated” insisted that I call home to check if I had forgotten my iPhone and iPod at home; he also suggested that I keep rechecking my bags. He later told me that he checked the videos of the surveillance cameras and “he didn’t see the iPod and iPhone in the employee’s hand.” How convincing!

Daniel, who works at reception, on the other hand, told me “Qatar is a very safe country in which no robberies take place.” I don’t know what planet he lives on, but I do believe that no country on planet EARTH is totally immune to robberies. It’s quite disappointing to lose your valuables when you are on a trip, and be faced with such denial.

The other thing that bothered me was the attitude of the staff towards taking photos. My sister, who is a professional photographer (she was also staying at the hotel,) had brought her photography equipment to shoot some photos of me in the gym and around the pools. Two of the staff members came over and started harassing her, implying their dissatisfaction with taking professional photos. She tried to argue that taking phone camera pictures, which people do all the time, is no different from taking professional camera photos. The staff members eventually left, but unhappily…

2  Thank Accidental_tourist38
Shadi S, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

I am sorry you were dissatisfied with our Hotel, and offer my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced regarding your room and our gym, the photoshoot in our spa alongside with your missing Ipad and Iphone. Please be assured, I understand your frustration, and would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further regarding this matter. You may contact me directly at +974 4494 8003 and via email at shadi.suleman@fourseasons.com or if you can please provide a phone number and best time to reach you.

I look forward to speaking with you and to regain your trust in us.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

It seems the accountant has got a hold of the purse strings here!
No cot in room on arrival, they came with complimentary sweets for 2 of my kids, the 3rd was so upset he was forgotten! No loccitaine toiletries this time. We went for dinner at the pool bar and grill to be told we might not get a place as they were busy with booked external diners! I had lobster to the tune of £80 and it was inedible... I can eat anything usually! Last time they had a little robe and mini slippers for the kids, not this time, we were told we may not get sun beds on friday as it was going to be busy! Breakfast seemed a bit thin on the ground, i thought that it was due to the restaurant being refurbed last time, but no that was it! The noise from the pier was loud till 1am, wish we had gotten a city side room now. The good points, they didn't charge for the lobster, the room is ace, the pool out of this world, gym good. X

Room Tip: Make sure there are no late events at the pier if you are booking sea view, as you pay extra for noi...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Shadi S, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Although it is certainly nice to hear praise for things well done I also truly appreciate your feedback regarding your room and amenity arrival experience for your kids and our breakfast offerings. There is no excuse for foods being a bit thin on the ground and the noise you have experienced during your stay. Your comments have been shared with our culinary team, housekeeping and other concerned departments.

Thank you and still we look forward to welcoming you on another occasion to regain your trust with us.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Great place to stay. Large room with very large bathroom. Separate shower and bath so no need for tricky showering in bathtub acrobatics. Fitness room is large and well equipped. Pools and beach look good. Staff friendly and efficient. Good dining in the pool grill and nusantau (the two placed we tried). Generally very clean but alas the toilet inner rim was downright filthy (takes indeed a large bathroom to notice this without sticking your head in).

1  Thank mrs7777
Shadi S, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Thank you for your kind words about the Four Seasons brand. We value your repeat business. Your concerns regarding the physical aspect of the toilet will be voiced to the rest of the management team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We went on a business trip. The rooms are very good and the location is amazing. But I must say that I was poorly impressed with the service. In general the employees are friendly and the food is good (breakfast is amaizing) but 1)I sent the lawndry at 8am and it was not in the room at 6pm; 2)I made a reservation for a meeting room - there was nobody from the staff during the meeting and there was no food at the coffee station as agreed when we made the reservation. And we paid 600Euros for a room that we only used for 20min.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

We truly appreciate your honest feedback. We have relayed them to the rest of the management team. I am very sorry to hear about your disappointing laundry and reservation experience. Your business is very important to us and we would like to understand how we can make your next stay better. You can contact myself via shadi.suleman@fourseasons.com or my number +974-4494-8003.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

As usual, Four seasons in every city offers something that other hotels don't. We were there on a 3 days exhibition in one of the meetings rooms in the hotel; the quality & taste of the canapes & the coffee can be worked on, desserts were excellent on the other hand.

Thanks to Khaoulah from Morocco who was very nice and attentive in taking care of us during our exhibition.

The highlight of my experience was one English gentleman from Library cigar lounge: Luke. He first had visited us to politely and passionately inform us of Library and the menu items, which was very nice of him as we didn't have time to wander in the hotel & find out our options for a light snack or a drink, or even to hold a one on one meeting. But Luke was great because of another thing he's done, actually a great favor: because I was wearing our traditional clothes which is not a dress code to Library, I couldn't join my colleagues, so I asked Luke if there was a way I could be with them without breaking the law, he immediately came up with some instant solution that no one else in all hospitality industry would: he offered me to wear his own clothes that he had clean & ironed at his locker to wear after his service is finished. I thought to myself I will do that just to prove to him how nice I think that was of him. I put on his outfit, had good time with colleagues before our flight back to Dubai and left with the most beautiful story about how the boundaries in hospitality can always be pushed as long as there is a genuine & intense care to create such memorable guest experience.

Another reason why I think Luke is a great guy: besides his wide, genuine smile, eloquence, elegance and hospitality, also he speaks good French, a language that I adore.

1  Thank TalalAlrashed

Thank you for taking the time to write a comprehensive feedback. It’s hard not to get goose bumps reading this review. I am so pleased to hear that we, our staff, specially Luke from the Library Bar and Cigar Lounge was able to make such a positive impact on the busy yet one of the most important days of your stay with us.

Your recognition will be relayed as well as your kind words for the entire staff. We hope to see you back for another event here at the Four Seasons.