“Three years on”

Four Seasons Hotel Doha
Ranked #3 of 138 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Great hotel.. I would go as far to say the best hotel in Doha... I live in Doha and have used all the five star hotels in the city, the FourSeasons is by some distance my favourite.

I do have the advantage of living within walking distance of the hotel which allows me time to eat and drink at the hotel on a regular basis.

The staff are superb also... Go stay and enjoy.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kopite321
Shadi S, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

My appreciation to you for taking the time to post a review.

I am grateful for your nice remarks and will definitely share it to the rest of the team. It’s always our pleasure to have you with us and looking forward to your frequent visits to Four Seasons Hotel Doha.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,131)

Reviewed 16 May 2014

If one wants the best of the best, this is the place to go/stay, staff are superb, food is excellent.....what more can I say. I have not stayed in this hotel as I live just across the road but I have eaten there so many times...... amazing views, staff, some of the best that we have encountered......they make you feel so at home, Canadians always get it right.......

Room Tip: Worth every penny
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Edwina25
Shadi S, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

It was a delight to know that you had an overwhelming ‘one of the best’ experience with us. And I am very proud that our team managed to meet all your expectations and will definitely share your nice words to our entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The Four Seasons Doha is superb and even above the usual Four Seasons standard which for the most part is better than the rest and just about perfect! They upgraded us to an incredible suite where we were pampered and indulged. My husband had become very ill from being around smoke in the previous city so he actually never left the room for four days. They sent him a doctor, medicine, room service constantly, they called to check on him, and changed his sheets whenever he would call them sometimes twice in one day because of his fever. They were so kind! My daughter and I went to the Spa and Salon which were both amazing. I had a massage which was perfect. We also went to the beach and pool where the service and food were fabulous. Again, everyone there was so incredibly nice and happy to take care of us. This hotel by the way is newer and really beautiful! While much of the middle east is very open to smoking we did not experience the smell of it in any non smoking areas or floors. This is very important to us to get a break from the smoke so we really appreciated that they honor the rules. Totally a first class hotel all the way!!

Room Tip: Get a room with a bay view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

I love to hear that our guests not only feel that we offer true luxuries accommodations but also maintaining the feel of being at Four Seasons Hotel Doha your Home-Away-From-Home and not just another busy city hotel. I know our team will be very proud to hear your comments and I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about Four Seasons Hotel Doha.

Looking forward to seeing you and your family again soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Very nice hotel, close to the airport, very luxury .. amazing spa :) beach is nice the staff is nice and friendly...always smiling.. the breakfast is fair and quite expensive for such breakfast nothing interested in it. Rooms are neat and not smelly :)

Room Tip: Non smokers floor and on the beach view...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hani E
Shadi S, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I am very proud that our team managed to meet your expectations and will definitely share your nice words to the whole team. Rest assured your comments regarding the breakfast will also be shared with our Kitchen team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We had a bad time at the Marriot and were given an awful room, we were very stressed out with two small children and thought we would see if they had a room available. They did AMAZING, service is first class. The staff are happy and light hearted and excellent!
The room was amazing the sea view room view is one of the best I have seen in the world! The food is outstanding, however, a little pricy.
This is honeymoon style xx Loved it and can not wait to return xx
There is also a kids club which is fantastic!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

We certainly like feedback from all of our guests but coming from someone who stayed with the whole family with us is very special. It was a delight to know that you had an excellence choice of hotel with excellent service. It is our goal not just to be another hotel but a Home-Away-From-Home, as well as giving you a sense of being in Doha rather than just another big city.

Having accomplished this is nice to hear and I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

My husband, son and I recently spend a week at The Four Seasons Hotel in Doha. This is a very beautiful decorated hotel. We had an incredible relaxing week. We stayed in a one bed-room suite which was amazing and with great views over both the arabic golf and the city. All staff was very friendly and professional. Our room was always kept nice and clean. They were unbelievably child-friendly in the hotel. The arrangements for kids at night was great. One night it was cinema night with a big television screen outdoor next to the sea, big pillows to sit on and lots of pop corn and snacks and drinks. Even though our son was too young to join the kids club on his own and only participated a few times, the women in charge of it still knew his name and tried to engage him whenever they saw him. The pool area is both for kids and adults with different pools.
The service at breakfast was spot on and we never waiting for anything; the breakfast buffet was delicious, and delicate in spite of the fact the hotel was full due to Easter break. We had many meals in our room and the food was delicious and brought by very nice people.
Just a 5 star experience all the way through. We love the Four Seasons Hotels and this was just another great and relaxing experience. We loved every moment there and would go back just to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Shadi S, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

I am glad to hear that we were able to make your stay enjoyable for you and your family. Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and our staff.

We hope that you can come back and join us soon, hopefully for another longer stay with us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 April 2014

The facilities of the Four Seasons Doha were fantastic. The only 2 reservations were not having a full sea view, and a machine crowded gym. Almost fifty percent of the seashore view was blocked with the pier, in which they conduct evening parties on Thursdays. Further, their attempt to provide a wide machine selection resulted in an overly crowded gym, without much free space for people who do functional training; working with free weights and doing body weight exercises. Swimming pools, whirlpools, and the spa rooms, however, were amazing.

Unfortunately, my iPhone and my iPod disappeared from my carry on baggage, most probably taken one of the employees who brought my baggage to my room. What surprised me was the reaction of staff members—total denial. I requested to see the manager, and instead, the person working at reception said the security personnel handle those issues. The security member who “investigated” insisted that I call home to check if I had forgotten my iPhone and iPod at home; he also suggested that I keep rechecking my bags. He later told me that he checked the videos of the surveillance cameras and “he didn’t see the iPod and iPhone in the employee’s hand.” How convincing!

Daniel, who works at reception, on the other hand, told me “Qatar is a very safe country in which no robberies take place.” I don’t know what planet he lives on, but I do believe that no country on planet EARTH is totally immune to robberies. It’s quite disappointing to lose your valuables when you are on a trip, and be faced with such denial.

The other thing that bothered me was the attitude of the staff towards taking photos. My sister, who is a professional photographer (she was also staying at the hotel,) had brought her photography equipment to shoot some photos of me in the gym and around the pools. Two of the staff members came over and started harassing her, implying their dissatisfaction with taking professional photos. She tried to argue that taking phone camera pictures, which people do all the time, is no different from taking professional camera photos. The staff members eventually left, but unhappily…

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Accidental_tourist38
Shadi S, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

I am sorry you were dissatisfied with our Hotel, and offer my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced regarding your room and our gym, the photoshoot in our spa alongside with your missing Ipad and Iphone. Please be assured, I understand your frustration, and would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further regarding this matter. You may contact me directly at +974 4494 8003 and via email at shadi.suleman@fourseasons.com or if you can please provide a phone number and best time to reach you.

I look forward to speaking with you and to regain your trust in us.