“Was the leader, but has sadly fallen behind the rest”

Four Seasons Hotel Doha
Ranked #5 of 140 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This was Doha's number 1 hotel by far, so I am very sad to comment that on my last stay I found the experience only average (but still costs as if it is top-class)

Toilettries have changed to a cheaper brand.

Food is average, but extortionately expensive . . . I used to be happy to pay the high prices when the food was exceptional, but the price has remainded high and the quality has dropped drastically.

Pool service is poor. I was with a family of five, but we were told we could only have two pool loungers incase it gets busy with beachclub members later! Sorry, but a geniune customer focussed hotel should be able to accomodate all of its guests as prioriy before admitting over external members

Check-in and check-out was just like a production line - no welcome, no hope you enjoyed your stay.

Very Sad.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank 26DR76
Shadi S, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for your candid feedback and I am wholeheartedly very sad to hear that we didn't meet your expectations. I would like to make this comment and concern of yours alive and to let you know that your business is very important to us. I would like to know how we can make your next stay better. Please feel free to contact myself at shadi.suleman@fourseasons.com or +974 4494 8003.

I hope you will still find another good reason to come back to our hotel in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,169)

Reviewed 11 June 2014

As other reviewers have mentioned, the hotel, the rooms, the property is top notch. I forgot my swimsuit, and they sent me to the spa, where they provided me with a "disposable suit." Very useful. And it lead me to discover their spa facilities, many of which are free for guests. So I spent my afternoon going from the sauna, to the steam room to the ice room (yes, they have an actual ice room) and then out to the pool and private beach.

The only negative was trying to arrange a taxi to the airport for the next day. I went to the concierge at 5pm to book a taxi for 6:30 am the next day, and was told there were no taxis available. I asked him if it would be possible to flag one from the street, and he said it was unlikely. So in the end, he suggested I use "Sincere Limo services," a private car company. Paid about three times what I would pay in a taxi, so I'd advise people who want a taxi to book with the concierge 24 hours or more in advance.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

You are correct that our hotel and location is a wonderful starting point to see the city and enjoy everything that makes Doha so special and I am as proud as always with how our staff works and provides our guests a memorable experience while staying with us. As for the transportation, we will discuss as well with our Concierge team about your feedback.

Thank you for your wonderful comment and we are looking very much forward to your next visit to our property.

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

This is a true Four Season property in every sense from the moment you walk in till leaving.

I have been travelling extensively to Doha and had the opportunity to check out most of the 5* hotels; this is definitely the one for me.

Rooms are out of this world, so is food and personal service. .. After the second stay, the concierge recognised me by name? Which I though was simply amazing..

There are magnificent properties in Doha but the four seasons is the one at the top of the pyramid for me....

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Shadi S, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Sincerely, I would like to express my gratitude to your very positive feedback following your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Doha. I am very proud that the service extended to you made your stay your absolute favorite in Doha.

We genuinely appreciate your kind words and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I've been to a number of hotels in Doha. But nothing beats the experience I get in staying in the four seasons in Doha. Superb rooms, probably the best beds and pillows offered in the industry, attentive staff and a good gulf side location (walking distance from Doha City Center mall). For business trips, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SamDubster
Shadi S, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

WOW, thank you so much for such a wonderfully detailed report of your recent stay with us. It was so nice of you to mention “nothing beats the experience you get in staying with Four Seasons Hotel Doha.”

Thank you for being our guest during the busiest time of the year and it was good to read that through it all, our team came through with exceptional service as you expected.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed at the Four Seasons Doha for one month during May of 2014. This is the nicest accommodation I've stayed in while traveling internationally during the past five years. Everything about this hotel is perfect...it would require many paragraphs to outline the individual qualities. It will be one of the best hotel experiences of your lifetime!

Room Tip: The front of the hotel faces the city. The backside looks onto the beach and gulf.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

We are indeed very fortunate to have the best location and wonderful people working at Four Seasons Hotel Doha and it makes me feel very proud to hear how our team continues to go above and beyond which is a true testament that they are not only here to do their jobs but that they truly enjoy what they do.

I will make sure to share your comments with our entire team and please feel free to contact me personally if you should come back to our hotel in the foreseeable future.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

The hotel looks beautiful and the staff was extremely friendly. Good food as well with great ambiance. The room was not as airy as I'd liked but it was comfortable to stay in. Only concern was the traffic around that isn't helped from the relatively long drive from the airport.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Shadi S, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

I love and I am proud to agree that our hotel looks beautiful and our staff were extremely friendly along with our good foods and great views. Traffic in the city is unpredictable especially during rush hour, however, the city has expanded and widened the highways for convenience. The city even offers a free bus ride to everyone and we would be glad to welcome you again to experience another adventure in Doha. Please let me know if we can help with your next visit. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I like this hotel, it's located in a prime West bay location. The food outlets are good. Breakfast's are superb and the Eggs Benedict is simply divine. The outside pool areas are extensive, and the spa is the best I have come across in the Gulf. The only disappointment are the rooms, which for me were not in the same class as the rest of the hotel.
I have stayed here a few times. If you decide to stay at the same time as the Open Tennis tournament do not be surprised to see all the big name stars staying there!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank AvidTraveler12

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of Four Seasons Hotel Doha on our Trip Advisor page. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope we can welcome you back very soon. With regards to the room, the entire team is already taking this into consideration. Thank you again and we hope to see you again here in our hotel.