“Nice stay in Doha”

Merwebhotel Al Sadd Doha
Ranked #97 of 138 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 17 June 2012

It was a new experience to stay at Merweb hotel, Doha. There was no crowd and the rooms and common facilities had more than enough space to accomodate more. There are lot of nearby places to walk around however I did not enjoy the evening walk. The lousy elevator and cigaret smell in the room were not good. But you may not be unlucky.

Room Tip: No idea on how to get a room without cigrete smell
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank meetheen

Reviewed 10 May 2012

Just stayed there a two nights during a business trip. It's, in fact, a 4* Hotel, great for a short stay. The staff is really polite and will help you right way. The break-fast is great and there is plenty to choose from. It can't be missed. I never ate Lunch or Dinner there but I would definitely give it a try. They also have a restaurant there pretty nice, loved the decoration.
The minor thing to report was that the card key holder to open the lights, was a little loose and the fuses went out once on both days. First day, I called maintenance an the second one I did it myself, because was an easy fix.
However the room was great, really clean. They offer what the most part 4* hotels have to give. Also you can count with daily Gulf Times Journal in the morning outside your room door hanging on the door lock.
Overall a good stay, short but really welcoming...
I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

Room Tip: Probably the lower rooms will be less hot during day light, than the top ones. I stayed on 3rd floor...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank VitorPaiva
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Been there for couple of nights! At my arrival,even with my booking reference in my hand,no room available!! They proposed me to SHARE THE ROOM with another guest that was having the same problem!! AFTER 3 hours of complaining, I had one room.
STAY AWAY STAY AWAY STAY AWAY STAY AWAY STAY AWAY STAY AWAY

Stayed: March 2012
7  Thank Skyrunner72
Reviewed 28 February 2012

The Merweb Al Sadd is absolutely fine if you are in Doha for a quick business trip. My room was clean and the bed/pillows very comfortable. The bathroom is adequate - shower over the bath which is not my favourite but it was manageable. The wifi was free and there was a good signal. All in all, perfectly fine for a business trip for a couple of days but not a hotel that I would want to bring my family to or stay in for any length of time. Room service was decent.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the main street otherwise your window will face the wall of the adjoin...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 December 2011

Average room, average facilities, poor gym, good restaurant, rubbish room service yet great considerate working staff.

Average beds, rubbish TV set, average bathroom, below average complimentary pack.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Notorious247
Reviewed 21 November 2011

The Hotel is not one of the big chains which I expected would have some negative impact on the service but it was actually alright. However AMEX payment was not accepted which is quite strange for a western business traveler.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I was invited by a friend to spend couple of days in Doha, and he insisted to take care of the hotel too.Therefore, I had no chance but to accept his hospitality!!

Small rooms,Smelly, ,Old Tv's,I can't tell how many stars it should get, but using my scale, 2 stars is more than enough....

Very poor breakfast buffet, almost "samples" from what they call a "dish"!
A maintenance guy was replacing ceiling lamps on a ladder beside my table while having breakfast, when I asked him to wait till I finish, he didn't even reply!!

I came back to hotel around 1:30 am after a dinner with friends to find 10th of people sleeping on the lobby ground,they told me those are transit sudden guests.It was a MESS
Nevertheless, Staff was friendly, and they did the best they can, but the hotel itself is a disaster.I feel sorry for my friend who paid 430 Rials/night !!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo