Wyndham Grand Regency Doha
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsmoroccan restaurantbusiness tripexecutive suitefree upgradeconcierge deskswimming poolfive star hotellobby areasushiwonderful hotellong flightenjoyed my stayspecial thanksbusiness hoteltangiaspataxi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 October 2012

No trasport ■Describe the service you experienced
■Tell us how you liked the room
■Talk about the location & amenities
■Say what you liked best & least

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Looking at the website I was expecting something really luxury, like some others Doha hotels.
The welcome is like other 5 stars hotel, but the impression is to be in a "old movie".
Probably is because I like modern style furniture and design, but I didn't feel in a modern high quality hotel.
Rooms were clean, but not so big, the landscape from the window really sad, the bathroom old fashion.
At the arrival I fond some sweet and a fruit salad...the evening after the dish with some pieces of fruit was still there, with the poor pieces floating like dead fishes...
During my stay I booked a massage in the spa. The massage has been really good, the therapist very professional, the quality high.
About food I just tried the japanese/thai restaurant...good quality, excellent service, price accordingly.
But the breakfast was really good!
In conclusion, over the average but not for the infrastructure.
Services increased the score...otherwise not so high.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Stayed here for a week on business. The hotel is rated five stars, though the room size was not a testimony to this. The service I experienced throughout did make up for this though. The room was however well appointed with a triple layer of curtains that allowed a full black-out. There was WIFI available in the room, however at cost of QR 100,- per day, which I do find a bit excessive. The WIFI in the lobby, however, is free of charge. The air-conditioning worked well and I slept very sound throughout the week.

The bathroom was also a bit small, though with a lot of amenities. There is no separate shower and the water temperature fluctuated throughout the week. It was probably the soaring heat over the week I was there that I did not mind the water temperature dropping every thirty seconds ;-).

The breakfast buffet is very elaborate stretching over different stations, complimented with eggs to order. The only flaw here was the espresso that was served, but came from an instant machine. The waiters however quickly caught on when I complained about this and from thereon fetched me a double espresso from somewhere else on the premises where they do have a proper espresso machine. This type of quick recovery I experienced throughout. When I notified the housekeeping that my hand towels and face cloths were not replaced, this was quickly rectified and the same with the tea bags in the room. Mini bar items were quite steep and they forgot to refill.

The best thing was room service though. On the first day I ordered a club sandwich for lunch and what I received was absolutely the most impressive one I have encountered thus far (see picture). Also on the warm mezza I ordered on my last evening exceeded all expectations.

The hotel has a nice and spacious gym with a good range of equipment that is open 24 hours per day. It further has a swimming pool and jacuzzi which are ok.

I think the hotel is a bit less expensive than many of the other hotels due to its location and its room sizes. I would recommend watching prices closely though as especially internet and mini bar items were quite steep. Oh, and the hotel does not serve alcohol...

So, all in all I had a comfortable week here and would recommend especially if you are alone on business. The service errors when brought to the attention of the staff are quickly rectified and further it has all you need (except alcohol ;-)

Room Tip: There are no spectacular views from where the hotel is located. I was on the first floor as I asked for a smoking room and this was fine.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Ayman L, General Manager at Wyndham Grand Regency Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

On the Behalf of All the staff I would like to thank you for choosing Wyndham Grand Regency Hotel for your stay and for posting your review. It was a pleasure to host you and we are very thankful for all your constructive feedback. meanwhile we would like to present our apology for any inconvenience was occurred during your Stay, hoping we could make it up for you during your next visit.

All the Wyndham Grand Regency Hotel staff and the management are looking so much forward to welcome you during your next visits,
Best Regards

Reviewed 6 September 2012

the hotel is not really close to town, therefore it was quite hard to get a taxi.. you won't get any view of the corniche from here.

the room was pretty small. the window was small. and the room deco was just so-so.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zalss

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Wyndham Grand Regency Hotel. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Wyndham Grand Regency Hotel, we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Wyndham Grand Regency Doha

Reviewed 18 August 2012

Big, clean, smart hotel.
It has 5 star facilities but I think it could do with a bit of attention to retain it's 5 star status.
I had a nice room, clean and well laid out. Wifi was good. Everything worked.
Breakfast was extensive and fine.
The gym is very good with a lot of kit.
I saw the pool (but didn't use it) - it looked fine and although as others have said it is in a courtyard at the centre of the hotel so surrounded by hotel walls, as I was there in July it was 43 degrees outside and if it had been in direct sun it would have been impossible to use.

My criticisms?
It took a long time to get a taxi. This shouldn't be the case for a 5 star hotel.
Location isn't great but there's not really much they can do about that.
There were 3 restaurants in the hotel but one was closed (being refurbished - fair enough).
I appreciate it was Ramadan but I couldn't get food at all times - again, now what I'd expect of a star hotel.

If this was a 4 star hotel I'd say it was a great one. As a 5 star, I think it's stretching to hold that.
But still a nice place to stay on business.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank mike w
Ayman L, Manager at Wyndham Grand Regency Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

On the Behalf of All the staff I would like to thank you for choosing Wyndham Grand Regency Hotel for your stay and for posting your review. It was a pleasure to host you and we are very thankful for all your complements and constructive feedback. Meanwhile I assure you that your comments and observations have been taken very seriously and have been passed on to all the relevant departmental managers so that they can address with their teams.
We take our service commitment very seriously and assure you that the challenges you experienced were the exception and not the norm.

All the Wyndham Grand Regency Hotel staff and the management are looking so much forward to welcome you during your next visits.

Best Regards,