“Dark rooms, reception staff with cold attitude”

Wyndham Grand Regency Doha
Ranked #38 of 135 Hotels in Doha
Doha, Qatar
“Dark rooms, reception staff with cold attitude”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel twice, Dec 2011 and Apr 2012 on business. Was not our choice but the company booked us this hotel. The hotel and rooms were decorated with dark furniture which made the hotel feels unwelcoming. Staff at reception was not friendly and have cold attitude towards customers as if they were bored serving the customers. Location of the hotel is next to the busy Sports Roundabout and at peak hours, it will take you an hour to reach the office in the new city centre. Would not stay here if it was on our personal expenses.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Ayman I, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Grand Regency Doha, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly value the opinions of our guests and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We have taken note of your comments about our reception staff and our rooms’ decoration as well. Regarding your comment about hotel location, kindly note that traffic in Doha is a common problem which we all are suffering from.
Your concerns have been communicated to all concerned departments and rest assured we will take the necessary action to improve as needed those areas you perceived below expectations.

Your views are valuable to us and we hope we can soon welcome you back at our hotel in the near future.

Best regards,

Ayman Ibrahim
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I have to say travelling to Qatar once a week on business over the last few months from Abu Dhabi and staying at the Sheraton I did feel a little lucky that my company would cover such a cost, until my boss recently cut all stays world wide from 5 star to 4 star I must confess a move I do respect. Well at that point our travel agent in London gave me 4 star options and up came the Wyndham Grand Regency Hotel 4 star with a very attractive room rate, I arrived at what I though could only be the wrong hotel for the rate I was paying, porters with long coats and hats lifted my bag into the lobby where I was directed to a lovely seated desk area which I found out was reception, amazing, then a young Bulgarian lady by the name of Andrea took me through the check swiftly, the manager cam over and said if I would not mind waiting 10 minutes he would give me a free up grade to a suite. Well after 10 minutes of siting in the comfiest of seats in the lobby coffee bar I given the key to me room 524, I opened the door and what can I say amazing very big room, lounge, dinning room two 40 inch Plasma TV one in the lovely bedroom, nice bathroom very pleased. One thing a dry hotel so no alcohol but who cares when you have this quality at this price. In all service excellent rooms excellent cleanliness excellent Andrea excellent, definitely for the price my hotel of choice in Qatar, sorry Sheraton.

Room Tip: 524 as a free up grade you will not be disappointed only if I am there already!!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback here on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to know that you consider us, as your favorite hotel in Doha City. Your comments is very important to us and we're glad to know that you appreciated the service that you received from us especially from Ms. Andrea as she provides you a friendly check in and also the room upgrade. Rest assured that your comments will be shared to the entire team.

Just small clarification, we are indeed one of the 5* hotels in Doha.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Respectfully yours,

Best regards,

Ayman Ibrahim
Front Office Manager
Doha
Reviewed 13 November 2013

spacious & clean Rooms, friendly staff, excellent service.
Hotel close to shopping malls, banks and Cornish area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Doha
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Staff was responsive and helpful. Room was quiet and comfortable. I liked the breakfast and the snacks offered in the lobby.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business