“Third time here, always a great service”

Wyndham Grand Regency Doha
Ranked #42 of 137 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 12 June 2014

For the third time I booked this hotel for my business trip in Doha.
I got a large standard room, with desktop, combo shower and bath tube, big king size bed and view on the road.
I have noticed a few nice improvement that are worth this review: all the sockets are now universal so I don't need anymore to pick lock the socket to insert and European plug. Then, the Internet connection is finally fast, over 10Mb DL/US, both in Wifi and ethernet.
Food is always good, except for the Saturday Italian night that need a few improvement.
Another important thing to remind is that hotel offer a wide range of service for a very cheap price. With around 130€/night I can have room, breakfast and dinner.
Limo service is efficient and not too expensive, people are friendly and nice.
Promoted!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Ayman I, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Grand Regency Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

It was a great honor having you as our loyal guest at Wyndham Grand Regency. Thank you for the encouraging comment on our staff and facilities and we appreciate all our guest reviews as it is only through your comments we can strive to serve you better.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you again and again.

With best regards,

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

"It was my first and very important trip to Doha. For that I had to choose convenient hotel for staying.
When I came they welcomed me with welcome drink and check in was very quickly. The lobby of this hotel was very nice with good interior design. Everywhere you can see paintings.
When I finished check in one guy (he was a bellboy) helped me with my luggage, gave briefing about hotel facilities, surround area and escorted me to my room. When he knew I am from Kazahstan he started to speak in russian language. He was from Uzbekistan. It was very amazing to meet somebody from Central Asia and to talk in your native language in Doha. He was very polite, fast and everytime ready to help. I saw there other staffs from Uzbekistan, Kazahstan and Ukraine also.
The room where I stayed was not so wide. Bathroom was quite small but well organized. Internet was free and good speed. Breakfast was decent, food taste very splendid.
I really enjoyed during my stay at this hotel. Service was very prompt and with smile. Thanks to all staff who are very friendly. Especially Mr. Shavkat and Mr. Basel. Keep it up!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm Greetings from Wyndham Grand Regency Doha!

Thank you for sharing you feedback here on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to know that you appreciated the service that you received from us especially to Mr. Shavkat and Mr. Basel; rest assured that your comments will be shared to them. We always make sure that all our guests will experience the truly meaning of hospitality service.

Thank you and looking forward to serve you again.

Respectfully yours,

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed at that hotel with my family members visiting me in Doha. The hotel is really nice. The best gym I've ever seen in hotels. The buffet is also really nice with a great variety of dishes from cuisines all over the world.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,
Greetings from Wyndham Grand Regency!

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share this great review. Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated. It will be our pleasure to welcome you once again to our hotel soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

On my arrival at 16:00 hrs, i was informed that the room was not ready and i will have to wait. I want to highlight the proffessionalism of the staff especially Mr.Adis who promptly took the matter in hand and upgraded me to a higher room.
I believe he really understand the needs of customers who fly long distances and come to their hotel. He was very polite to escort us to our rooms and also ensure that we did not feel any uncomfortable moments during our stay. His replies to our requests for extended stay were very prompt and in a detailed and courteous manner. The staff of this hotel for housekeeping was also very hardworking,cheerful and welcoming. I strongly recommend this hotel for buisness travellers as their staff is the best asset and you will be overwhelmed with the hospitality. The rooms are clean, spacious and at a very strategic location.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and recommendation about Wyndham Grand Regency on Trip Advisor.

We are glad to know you had a pleasant stay and were satisfied with the services rendered by the team members. Thank you for your appreciative comment about Mr. Adis, which I have shared with him immediately.

It has been our pleasure to serve you, we look forward to welcome you again should your future travel brings you back to Doha.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I was staying in this hotel a month ago or something, while I was on a business trip. This was actually my second visit, and since my first visit there were some renovations.The lobby now looks very original with art paintings, which I learned from the concierge were made by painters staying in Doha by the invitation of the hotel's owner. During my stay there was a unlucky occasion which for me resulted in admiration for one of the staff. There was something like a fire alarm which led to all of us staying both staff and guests in the hotel going outside for like 30 minutes or something. In end resulted nothing serious, but since I was on business trip this ruined my time for rest. However while all of this was happening one young lady approached me with smile that made my day. She asked me if I was ok and if I needed something to refresh myself. I answered only water would be good, and on her way back she seemed to remember me and asked me if I was staying in the hotel before. On my surprise I replied yes and even bigger one she remembered that my previous stay she was talking Spanish with me, so she greeted me in Spanish!!! I explained to her that my day was horrible and I was stressed since I lost my afternoon nap, for what she apologized and asked if she could help me with something. As a joke I mentioned I would appreciate breakfast at the morning on the house and arranged transportation to the airport, but not the hotel limo (which is btw expensive and getting the regular taxi in Doha is another story). She just smiled and said she will do her best and that was it. The same night I saw her in the lobby and she approached me to ask if finally I got my afternoon rest. I was really surprised and asked her advise where I could spend my night. She gave me couple of tips (among going to the Museum of Islamic art really amazing place in Doha) and said she remembers that she promised to get me the free breakfast and the taxi. On my way back to the hotel, I approached her and again she was smiling and replied that she managed to book the taxi for me and also the free breakfast would wait for me in the morning!!! I was really pleased and after the hard day I had, this lady smiling around the lobby all day, remembering me from my previous stay made this stay unforgettable! Muchas gracias Ms. Nikolina and hope you're still smiling in the lobby!

Room Tip: Nice hotel for business trips and nice location.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Ayman I, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Grand Regency Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
It was a great pleasure having you staying with us recently. The Management of Wyndham Grand Regency would like to express thanks for your valuable feedback on our staff; rest assured that your comments will be shared to her. It was our pleasure to serve you and we do look forward to welcoming you again to our hotel.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

When i checked in they handed me brochure to sign for the hotel reward program without telling me, but i asked her what is that she replied just sign its the hotel reward program i told her that I'm not interested she pulled the brochure from my hands saying you don't have to sign, her altitude was kind of rude. On the other hand, they provided me with early check in 9am free of charge as I'm checking out at 5am for my flight. Valet service is super quick comparing to other 5 stars hotels. Housekeeping service is excellent and 24/7 i called them at 4am asking for cleaning, when i get back after an hour the room was clean just as checked in. Laundry service is excellent and super quick, they pressed my clothes in 15 minutes. Room service is limited and they guy who answers the phone early mornings does not speak english very well which was very hard to explain the menu. There is 30% discount in spa for hotel residence, excellent treatment but the gym should be open 24 hours. Hisham in the reception is super helpful. Overall the hotel staff is super friendly and helpful except the one who checked me in. Hotel rates are excellent.

Staff 7/10 Clean 8/10 Price 10/10 Comfort 7/10 Location 5/10.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Special thanks for guest relation Marina for her professionalism and service.
The service is good.
I like the coffee specially the Turkish coffee.
The room is very good and clean.
The reception area is nice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo