“Surprisingly good! ”

Ranked #39 of 133 Hotels in Doha
Doha, Qatar
“Surprisingly good! ”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

My friend was staying here on a doha over night visit. I met her for buffet dinner and the food was actually really good! I have been to a few iftars at the hotels in west bay and I would say the food was on par with the W buffet and actually liked the selection better!

The restaurant just isn't such a great setting but great value for money and somewhere different to eat in doha.

Really liked the lobby of the hotel!

Stayed July 2014
Ayman I, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Grand Regency Doha, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to offer us your valuable feedback. We are very grateful for your kind compliments.
It has been our pleasure to serve you, we look forward to welcome you again.

Yours Sincerely,
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, England
Reviewed 2 July 2014

You don't come to Doha for yuks. Certainly not during Ramadan. For business, this hotel ticks all the boxes: Comfortable bed, strong and free Wi-Fi, helpful staff. The bathroom has an excellent selection of Elemis toiletries. For me it was a short stay, but a pleasant one.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Ayman I, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Grand Regency Doha, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking out your precious time and writing a review on tripadvisor. We are pleased to hear that you have had a pleasant stay with us following your recent stay at Wyndham Grand Regency.
It was a pleasure to have you staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Warm Regards
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel. We loved our stay and would be staying in the future. Food was good. Hotel staff very helpful. Swimming pool is very beautiful and worth visiting.

The buffet breakfast is expensive.

Only issue is the traffic. It's next
to a busy roundabout and thus too much traffic and very few parking spaces.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to read such wonderful feedback about your stay and to learn that you found the staff helpful and friendly which I have shared with the whole team.

In addition, I have noted your comments about the traffic and parking spaces and I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. The team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Wyndham Grand Regency on another occasion.

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed 3 times there and I was more than happy to leave every time .we tried different rooms once a double room and twice a suit . The room was very small. not clean . the toilet is not to the standards of a 5 star hotel. I liked the spa and it is one of the best in Qatar. I also like their buffet . I tried it for all meals and it is always very good. What brings me back is the location of the hotel. It is in the middle of the city and everything is nearby.
The parking of the hotel is the worst in Qatar , they actually knocked our car by the walls and didn’t tell us. We discovered that later on by ourselves. Very bad service . totally thumps down.

Room Tip: deluxe double and Suit
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maryam A
Dear Valued Guest,

We are disappointed to know that the experience you had, did not meet your expectations. Your comments were noted and want to assure you that we will ensure to maintain a stellar service Wyndham Grand Regency is known for.

Doha
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The Wyndham Grand Regency Hotel in Doha has become my favourite hotel in Doha. It has a lovely friendly warm hospital ambience. Staff are beautiful, the art work and antique car together with the Harp in the atrium and piano make this place a wonderful place to sit and relax and even work. We have spent two weeks in this hotel and love it. It has three restaurants oneAsian really good , On eMoroccan great decor and one International with the best selection of different salads, meat, fish and sweets every night. The Wi Fi is very good and available everywhere in the hotel. It is a great location as it is only 15 minutes in any direction- the Corniche the Villagio and the Museum of Islamic Art. These and the Pearl are the main attractions in Doha.

Room Tip: the executive rooms in the new wing are huge and comfortabe with great furniture but the cheaper ro...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

We were delighted to read your wonderful comments posted on Trip Advisor!

Thank you choosing Wyndham Grand Regency. We are extremely grateful for your kind compliments and are glad that our facilities and services have met your expectations.

Thank you for taking time to offer us your valuable comments.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Udine, Italy
Reviewed 12 June 2014

For the third time I booked this hotel for my business trip in Doha.
I got a large standard room, with desktop, combo shower and bath tube, big king size bed and view on the road.
I have noticed a few nice improvement that are worth this review: all the sockets are now universal so I don't need anymore to pick lock the socket to insert and European plug. Then, the Internet connection is finally fast, over 10Mb DL/US, both in Wifi and ethernet.
Food is always good, except for the Saturday Italian night that need a few improvement.
Another important thing to remind is that hotel offer a wide range of service for a very cheap price. With around 130€/night I can have room, breakfast and dinner.
Limo service is efficient and not too expensive, people are friendly and nice.
Promoted!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

It was a great honor having you as our loyal guest at Wyndham Grand Regency. Thank you for the encouraging comment on our staff and facilities and we appreciate all our guest reviews as it is only through your comments we can strive to serve you better.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you again and again.

With best regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

"It was my first and very important trip to Doha. For that I had to choose convenient hotel for staying.
When I came they welcomed me with welcome drink and check in was very quickly. The lobby of this hotel was very nice with good interior design. Everywhere you can see paintings.
When I finished check in one guy (he was a bellboy) helped me with my luggage, gave briefing about hotel facilities, surround area and escorted me to my room. When he knew I am from Kazahstan he started to speak in russian language. He was from Uzbekistan. It was very amazing to meet somebody from Central Asia and to talk in your native language in Doha. He was very polite, fast and everytime ready to help. I saw there other staffs from Uzbekistan, Kazahstan and Ukraine also.
The room where I stayed was not so wide. Bathroom was quite small but well organized. Internet was free and good speed. Breakfast was decent, food taste very splendid.
I really enjoyed during my stay at this hotel. Service was very prompt and with smile. Thanks to all staff who are very friendly. Especially Mr. Shavkat and Mr. Basel. Keep it up!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm Greetings from Wyndham Grand Regency Doha!

Thank you for sharing you feedback here on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to know that you appreciated the service that you received from us especially to Mr. Shavkat and Mr. Basel; rest assured that your comments will be shared to them. We always make sure that all our guests will experience the truly meaning of hospitality service.

Thank you and looking forward to serve you again.

Respectfully yours,