Sharq Village & Spa
US$209
Anantara.com
  • Pool
1,297 results
All reviewsal danaliwan restaurantpersian restaurantal seefsix sensescigar loungeritz carltonpool barprivate beacharabic styleclose to the airportpool staffdoha skylineexcellent servicebeautiful hotelspecial thanksamazing experience
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Went here for the second time to celebrate a special night with my boyfriend and all I can say is that everything was so perfect as planned. I first booked a reservation in the call center and i want to commend Mega who were so accommodating and enthusiastic about my reservation.
On the night of our celebration, after I request our bill, I was so surprised because they gave me a bouquet of lovely flowers. The planned was the cake with candles only for my boyfriend. They also gave this wonderful frame of our picture together with all the staff's dedication on it. Indeed, it was a great night to celebrate love.. with an excellent services of Sharq. Bravo!

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The Six Senses Spa sits in the grounds of the hotel.....the hotel is of fine decor and welcoming staff. I couldn't wait to go to the spa, I was, like many, mesmerised by the online brochure of treatments offered. Great ambience but layout of the facilities is quite poor: the jacuzzi is located beside an open corridor and with bright lights around, a candle would have created a more relaxing environment. The 'rest area' post treatment is also located beside the corridor (it too is open plan) and trying to relax was anything but, the gurgling sounds of the water from the jacuzzi kept resonating through to what was meant to be a quiet area. The sound was reminiscent of water being let out of a bath, only louder. The treatment itself was unfortunately, disappointing. I had pre booked a treatment only for it to be changed AFTER I had been in the jacuzzi, steam room and showered. Shame really, that no one notified me the week that led up to my appointment. The suggested 'other' treatment was below par, I was gutted and it must have been written all over my face. My husband saw me and knew instinctively that I didn't have the post-glow, sleepy look I usually have after a good treatment. The best part was the jacuzzi. The decor itself seemed to have the appearance of being a once great place to visit but with it's missing mosaic tiles and fittings and the harsh, bright lighting, it doesn't really create an environment to stimulate the senses, only the thought that I paid too much money for a treatment I never booked and that the jacuzzi was nice. Bottom line - will shop around and not get swayed by a fancy online brochure.

Room Tip: Please note, I did not stay overnight in the hotel.....it was their spa that I visited.
Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank shortbreaktravellers
Carsten F, General Manager at Sharq Village & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

First of all, I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience here at the Six Senses Spa.

I do sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations in terms of treatments and ambience setting. Your feedback will be cascaded to the team, as well as with the Director of the Six Senses Spa and we will certainly look into ways in which we can improve and meet your expectations in the future.

Once again, thank you for your comments and your understanding as we continue to improve our customer experience. We look forward to welcoming you back .

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed here for business in late 2013 - was pleased to be put up here since the hotel is very comfortable and very easy to acclimatise to if you're used to bog-standard Western hotels. Very courteous staff and useful services (I had to make use of chauffeur driven car most days and this service was really helpful and also actually quite cheap by comparison with most things in Doha). Room service dining was also pretty good and about on a par, cost wise, with a North American 5-star hotel. I only found one bar, which had very bad live music one night and which was also a smoking area, which is not surprising but also extremely unwelcome. Of course, alcohol prices were off the scale but since I was being hosted by Australians and with the exchange rate being what it is they covered everything, so no complaints in the end, but this is something to prepare yourself for if you like a drink or two in the evening and are coming from a weak economy! I was very sorry not to be able to try the massive pool, which is a centrepiece of this hotel - it looked great and I think you could have a nice few days break here if you had time.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed several nights at the Sharq Village and was truly impressed by the authentic Arabic feel which I did not experience in other hotels in the Middle East. The rooms are very well appointed and the service and facilities first class. Swim at the beach or one of the many pools. The wifi is fast and the food delicious.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We usually try out most of the good hotels for the iftar/Suhoor, during Ramadan and last year having a good experience in Al Sharq’s Ramadan tent, we decided to try it again. It was the worst decision we could have made. We had booked a table for 9 last Thursday. The booking was from 9:30 to 2AM. The evening started off well as expected, the food was good, we were enjoying our self, then by 12, I could see the attitude of staff seem to change. Even though some of our team was still eating, they started clearing the fork, spoon napkins etc form the table. Then in another 15 min, even without asking the bill was brought to the table. I was like WOW, they really want us out of here. I just checked out the other tables and realized we were the only one single out. Since we did not want to make a scene, we paid and left. And sure enough as we suspected, the moment we left, the table was made again we could see that a group of Qataris was assured in. I wonder if being the only Indian group here that night we were singled out, it was racist, something we do not expect from a 5 star establishment and left a bad taste in the mouth.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank jilfer
Carsten F, General Manager at Sharq Village & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I would like to start off by extending my gratitude for sharing your feedback regarding your experience in our Ramadan Tent.

I do sincerely apologize for not living up to your expectations, in terms of guest courtesy. I have discussed the matter with our Banquet team and F&B Director who will certainly look into the matter. Please be assured that no distinction is made among our guests due to any reason. We are pleased to welcome all nationalities to our resort.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back here at Sharq Village & Spa.