“Mohammed shafiq”

Millennium Hotel Doha
Ranked #39 of 138 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

The service is very friendly, quick and courteous. The bed is big and comfortable. In the desk is a another type of plug to charge your equipment. This was my 3rd trip and I will join it again.
Thanks millennium

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 February 2014

This is not a five star hotel. Amenities are poor. Location is terrible. The neighbourhood is like a ghetto. Internet speed is very poor. Room windows are small and badly needed cleaning. Restaurant very over priced. I could buy coffee next door at Costa for ine third on what they were charging.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ajfharnett
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I loved my stay at the Millennium the staff were fantastic and very helpful
The first 3 days I worked from 4pm till 11pm and this allowed me to have lunch in the hotel. The food was very well presented and also variation of food over the 3 days was great and of high standard.
Loved my breakfast the only thing I would recommend is that they have gluten free bread.
I tried to have a massage but they were short on staff and lots of Spa treatments were not available. However all the brochure indicated that you can have a spa treatment?

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Well the visit didn't start well. Arriving at reception I presented ny passport and said I had a reservation. The young man behind the counter (who had apparently slept in his suit for a week by the look of it) then engaged in a five minute dialogue with his PC screen, completely ignoring me. Questions such as "have you found the reservation"" or "Do you have rooms for smokers" went entirely unanswered. He then presented me with a key. When I asked and this is a smoking room"? he sucked his teeth, went into another intimate relationship with his PC and gave me a new key.
Finding the room too was a bit of a challenge since the hotel has chosen to direct guests via signboards to some rooms but keep others (me included) in the dark.
The room was nothing to complain about. Big, comfortably furnished with an average internet connection. Mind you I had a choice, shall I use the single tea-bag tonight or conserve it for the morning and no signs of UHT milk.
Breakfast was hardly a revelation and definitely not worth 115 QR although, as is often the case, the staff ran their legs off trying to please people. Try the bread toaster. It will keep you amused for at least five minutes as you try to toast a slice of bread under something about as effective as a hair dryer.

All in all, six \out of ten, could try harder.

Oh yes, and its a dry hotel so quite why there is an empty fridge in the room is a mystery as is the "and did you have anything from the mini-bar" question on check out. Yes, I stole some of the air out of the fridge and didn't tell anybody.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms must be the same bland standard. No tips
1  Thank WordWarrior82
Reviewed 24 January 2014

The service is very friendly, quick and courteous. The bed is big and comfortable. In the desk is a another type of plug to charge your equipment. 10 minutes to walk you arrive a mall, further 5 minutes also a restaurand and 15 minutes later you are in the old city. This was my 3rd trip and I will join it again.

Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

Arrived at 6pm thinking it will be a nice night at the hotel. Got to my room and there was no power I couldn't figure out why cause there was no light switches, so I eventually called reception for a maintenance guy to be sent to the room. THE GUY TOOK 30 MINS JUST TO COME UP 3 LEVELS. By this time I was thinking about leaving and finding another hotel.

But when the maintenance guy finally arrived he "sir, you have to put your card in here". It was a small slot near to the door with activities the power to the room but there no label that says "insert your card here".

Anyway I felt pissed off, so I went into town and had a few drinks. When I came back I felt a bit lost a asked the receptionist/ night porter "where is the elevator". And the first thing he does is pick up a phone and calls security.
What the hell did I say wrong

So anyway I eventually found the elevator a few seconds later before security arrived when to my room and slept it all off. Checked out at 9.35am and never coming back

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mackinlay C
Reviewed 23 January 2014

You have a serious problem when it comes to room service. I stopped using the hotel for two years after logging a minimum of 40 room nights per year alone without other colleagues in my company. I thought why not visit your hotel again with the hope of some improvement however i was disappointed with the quality of the service and the friendliness of the staff. My check in experience was dissatisfying and every night for the 3 nights I stayed i had a problem with room service. Quality of food, accuracy of the orders, getting orders i didn't order, missing items in the plate, missing condiments.....