Royal Qatar Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$82
  • Beachfront
US$202
  • Pool
US$138
Millennium Hotel Doha(Doha)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$272
FourSeasons.com
US$288
US$247
All reviewsbreakfast selectionvery clean hotelexcellent locationstayed here for nightsnice roomenjoyed my staywalking distancesoukairportgymcorniche
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 March 2013

A great place for few nights. I have stayed there for 12 nights and actually they treated me like a king, very helpful staff specially the front desk manager "Hassan" a very well spoken man. Very close to everywhere, to be specific it is in the heart of Doha but the surroundings doesn't really match the hotel service, normal working class foreigners neighborhood.
The WiFi doesn't really work in rooms, only in the lobby BUT they do have interned in the room, so you'll need a long cable to comfortable in bed while browsing the internet.

Room Tip: I think the service are the same, smoking or non smoking
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Medo M
Reviewed 7 March 2013

This is a perfect hotel and well located. Excellent service and very clean. The breakfast is included. Very satisfied.The location and service is commendable.This hotel was refered to us by Booking .com.

Room Tip: You will like it if you have a budget.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MIKITUN
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Nicely appointed, clean rooms. A good 3-4* hotel.
Impressed with the free underground parking...
Located in a slightly run down area of Doha but walking distance to the fort, Souk Waqif, Islamic Museum, Corniche Etc.....
The location is ideal for the sights but not an ideal area with a run down, slummish feel.
The price is very reasonable and if the area around the hotel were better I'm sure the price would be higher...
Nothing wrong with the Hotel at all, Staff Great, Food Good, Rooms Clean and high standard....the only drawback is the area the hotel is situated in.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank RusskiRichard
Reviewed 25 November 2012

My favorite airline, Qatar Airline, put me this hotel for 23 hours transit. I did not know anything about Qatar, so no idea how the hotels in Qatar.

At the beginning, this hotel gave a room without any view, even the window cannot open!
I thought that was the treat for 1 night stay, but tried to have better room
and I got it with ‘sea view’. I wished staying the other hotels which you could see the other side of the sea( the bay).

Anyway I decided to walk out and explore a city of Qatar. Then found the market place ‘Souq Waqif ‘, I actually did not know where it was and I checked it after I came back to home…. It was really nice experience, especially the shops to sell Falcon (bird).

The taste of Arabian buffet at the hotel was Great ! (for me), but I wonder European or American whoever like the taste.

After 2 months I stayed again in Qatar and that time it was a hotel ‘the other side of the sea’ where I wanted to stay (I will write the review soon) that was very gorgeous hotel, but I prefer this Royal Qatar hotel, because it’s close to a town where you can see the Real life of the residence.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Clean rooms, well looked after if looking a bit aged, very helpful staff and a great location. A few minutes walk to Souk Waqif restaurants and tourist craft and a few minutes more to the museum. 10 minutes to the airport

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple