“Very Good Service”

Ranked #24 of 134 Hotels in Doha
Doha, Qatar
“Very Good Service”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

i stayed there in December it was the best hotel service I ever stayed specially Reception and Bell service staff with their welcoming smile in addition to SPA service which is really amazing that makes my stay wonderful .

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Angelo255
MTS_Management, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel West Bay Doha, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Mr. Angelo,

Thank you for all your positive comments and feedback. We always take great pleasure in hearing from our guests.

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back should your travels brings you again to Qatar.

Ghada Sadek

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I tried many hotels in Doha, the service is very good, the welcoming staff are very friendly, I recommend this hotel to all.
Breakfast is good, Valet service is very fast.
I will come to this hotel every time.

Room Tip: chose room ending with 15
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank saoud k
MTS_Management, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel West Bay Doha, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Mr. Saoud,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your positive feedback and for staying with us. We are happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay.

It’s always a pleasure having you with us and looking forward to your future visits.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 5 January 2014

This stay was part of a STPC from Qatar airways as my onward flight was more than 14 hours away. I travel with Qatar Airways frequently and they usually put me up in the excellent Oryx Rotana hotel which is a hop and a skip away from the Premium terminal of Doha airport. I had previously stayed at this Movenpick property back in April 2012 and had nothing to complain about. This time however, it was totally different.

Firstly the transport from the airport was in a 'van' rather than a luxurious Audi or Mercedes as provided by Oryx Rotana. Disappointing to say the least.

Checked into room number 609 and the internet did not want to work. Laptop/iPhone could not connect. Had to get Guest services to reset the router which did not help either. They decided that the router was too far away (I could see full strength wifi signals) and upgraded us to room 815. The internet did work perfectly once there.

I decided to order some food using the in-room dining menu and I must admit the food was delicious and it came quickly. My wife and I were each given vouchers worth Qatari riyals 175 for dining purposes. We ordered food worth around 270 riyals deciding to use the rest later in the day. The room service staff took all the vouchers and never returned with any receipt/balance etc.

When we later decided to order more food we were told by the incompetent person on the phone line that as we had given up the vouchers we were not entitled to any more value. Threatening to complain to the manager/reception he decided to follow up the vouchers and called back letting me know I could order food unto the remaining value (phew). He took our order for 1 nasi goreng and I also asked for two complementary water bottles that come with the room. The order that was delivered however was for some 'noodle dish' and not 2 but 1 bottle of water that was charged. I called the Guest services and they said that this bottle of water was not free as I had ordered it. I explained that firstly the bottle of water given was not the one stated in the in-room dining menu and I had been charged for 2 bottles while only being given 1. The person refused to acknowledge that he took down the wrong order, I reacted quite angrily and decided to refuse the order and the charge. i decided I would rather eat on the plane/lounge than bother with these thieves.

Stark contrast from my 4-5 stays with Oryx Rotana in Doha each year. Next time I fly Qatar airways I will make a point to let the agent know to NOT book me at Movenpick.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view towards the four seasons/hilton side.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Zain Z
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We ended up spending 24 hours in this hotel due to a lost flight connection. And despite all odds, what a good surprise it was!!!
We arrived at the hotel totally tired, around 3 AM with our 1 year old baby daughter, after having taken a long flight and dreading to have to go thru all the check in process and maybe not getting a suitable room, a baby cot, etc. Instead we discovered that the reception staff were amazing, got us a baby cot in a blink of an eye, great room and we were in our beds in less than 5 min before entering the lobby. Thought our stay the personnel continue to impress us: from advising us the trips to take around Doha to driving us around in the hotel car we booked they were only smiles and positive attitude.
Worth mentioning that the food at the restaurant was great as well and the staff was really lovely and attentionate towards our daughter (special, thanks to Kaas who waited on our table for all the meals we took there).

Overall an unplanned but beautiful stay - should we g back to Doha will, stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
MTS_Management, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel West Bay Doha, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Mr. Val Travel Addict,

We highly appreciate you taking the time to share your positive feedback about the hotel, staff and restaurant. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay at Mövenpick Tower & Suites Doha.

Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2013

The service from the staff was first class, I liked the chocolate happy hour in the evening, that was a first for me. The pool on the 26th floor was amazing to use late at night against the backdrop of the sea and the other tall buildings. My room was on the 23rd floor, overlooking the sea, all the usual things were there but the wifi had to be paid for which is not good in this day and age. Noisy air con in my room was disappointing.

Room Tip: Higher up the better if you have a sea view.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Mr. Stephen,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review of your stay with Mövenpick Tower & Suites Doha. We always take great pleasure in hearing from our guests. Also delighted to hear that you enjoyed our facilities. On another note, we are pleased to inform you that Internet is now free of charge throughout the hotel for all guests.

Tbilisi, Georgia
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I had a 15 hour layover in Doha, Qatar for my trip to Tbilisi, Georgia so the airline provided me with a hotel. The hotel looked good from the outside as well as the inside. I was provided a suite (not sure if it was the executive suite or the junior suite). The room was amazing. It had a massive living room area with a kitchen area as well. It had 2 flat screen TV's, one for the room and and one for the living room. Words won't do it justice so I have uploaded pictures for your perusal.

The hotel also offers 4 types of pillows for your needs, there are anti-allergy pillows, some with memory foam (I forgot the other 2) which is excellent specially if you are allergic to some type of pillows (my mother is, thankfully I'm not)

Breakfast in the morning was superb. There were a variety of choices (actually a LOT of choices) ranging from salads, fruits, bread, pastries, desserts, typical breakfast options as well as a few unique ones. And they ALL tasted great. Obviously, I can't taste everything no matter how much I wanted to (the selection was just too massive to realistically try and taste everything).

The bathroom is clean and has all the kits and amenities you need.

The room also provides you with an ironing board and iron which is great.

Now on to the annoyances which keeps this review from moving on towards the realm of excellence:

1) You pay for WIFI. YES, you pay for the freakin WIFI at $22 a DAY. In an age where virtually every single establishment in every major city in the world provides free WIFI, these guys charge you for WIFI. That seems to be a tad bit expensive for just a daily use of WIFI. It would have been great if the speed was ridiculously fast, but the download speed maxes out at around 250 kbps.

2) The customer service was at best mediocre. I was not guided to my room by any staff so I had to find my way around the 9th floor by myself. This was fine by the way considering that I had only a backpack but still, most hotels have staff that guide guests to their room and I was surprised why this one did not.

There was also a slight issue with me getting my breakfast. I was entitled to 2 meals during my stay in the hotel, 1 dinner upon arrival and 1 buffet breakfast in the morning which means that I was supposed to be given 2 meal coupons. I was for some reason handed out only one. So when room service came into the room to serve me dinner, he asked me for the coupon and I was left with none.

This posed an issue getting breakfast the next morning because the staff at the restaurant wouldn't let me in because I had no coupon. I explained to them the situation but to no avail. So I had to go down to the reception, explained again the situation and she had to give a call to the guys at the restaurant to let me in which they finally did.

3) This third one is trivial but since I have already started listing negatives I might as well add this last one. The bathroom weighing scale did not have any batteries.

Overall though, my stay at the hotel was great but the service needs to be improved for this establishment to reach the next level. It's nearly there, the amenities are excellent, the rooms are excellent, it just needs one little push to get over the hump, and that push is in customer service.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor, my room was on the 9th floor so the view was mediocre at best.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Excellent for a few days' business in Doha, the Movenpick is very comfortable, with excellent facilities on the 26th floor for swimming, relaxation in the sauna and one floor below in the fitness centre. Buffet breakfast is very good, as is choice of dining in two restaurants, although the hotel is alcohol-free. Well located -- a short taxi ride to business meetings -- and easily accessible from the airport. Ticks the boxes for a business hotel and more.

Room Tip: Choose high for good views of Doha's developing skyline and easier access to spa on 26th floor
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
MTS_Management, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel West Bay Doha, responded to this review, 15 December 2013
Dear Mr. NPassant,

A warm appreciation for taking your valuable time to share your positive feedback about the amenities and facilities. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay.

It was always a pleasure having you with us and looking forward to your next visit with Mövenpick Tower & Suites Doha

Thank you.