“Moevenpick tower”

Movenpick Hotel West Bay Doha
Ranked #26 of 137 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed in the moevenpick for a short holiday 3 days coming from kuwait. What can I say I did enjoy my stay: first of all the location is really perfect everything near by you like city centre mall it ll take u around 5 min to reach by foot . All the best bars like in w hotel and hilton all near u. No need to use a taxi. About rooms very well maintained clean and housekeeping always do their job perfectly. Staff are friendly they know their job very well how to treat customers. Front office staff very helpful same as health club I did enjoy the swiming pool on 25 floor as the health club. Dining area : breakfast was nice with adding of japonise soups and dumplings. Lunch not bad I ll suggest to add more varieties like international food. I am sure that my next stay will be in the same hotel with the beautiful view from my room.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Lalech
MTS_Management, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel West Bay Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time and the use of our facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back soon on your next trip.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I have stayed two nights/three days in the hotel, it is good hotel by all means. staff are friendly and make you feel valued customer. I have enjoyed dealing with reception specially Hassan El Husseiny, Jusha and Zorana.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank gouda-bristol
MTS_Management, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel West Bay Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review about your recent stay with us. Thank you for your kind words about our employees, we will be sure to pass along your comments to the concerned departments and team members. It is always a pleasure to hear from a happy guest. We look forward to welcoming you back at Mövenpick Tower & Suites Doha.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

The staff was friendly and helpful. Shuttle drivers were both good. The restaurant was disappointing with regard to vegetarian choices and service. The prices were too high for the food. The room cleaning was not as good as I would have liked. I requested a kitchen set up. A microwave, skillet, pot, wooden spoon and knife was delivered. No dishes or utensils. (I did not choose the breakfast buffet in my reservation.) The glasses are wiped out by a cloth, not replaced or cleaned. If I were to return to Doha I would not choose this location. There will be a building behind the hotel that will block the view of the water.

Room Tip: For a number of years to come there will be construction everywhere in preparation for the 2022 Worl...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
MTS_Management, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel West Bay Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. We are disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your time with us. We have reached out to the concerned departments with your comments and hope that you visit us again to see the changes and changes made by your valued remarks. Our apologies again for mishaps experienced during your stay.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

the best thing about this hotel is the staff ,they are cheerful and always wearing an amazing smile specially reception and entry staff .

the worst thing is the service , they don't clean the room very well , but this is for some staff not all of them .

the spa is amazing with very clever therapist .

i didn't like the closed pool .

Room Tip: 1916 is a good room with beautiful view on the gulf

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the stay and the facilities, as well as the service of our front desk team. We are however, disappointed to hear that not all services were up to our standard. We have passed along your comments to the concerned departments, and we do hope you choose Mövenpick Tower & Suites Doha again so you can see the improvements made as a result of your valued comments.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

This was my second stay at Moevenpick Tower and Suites Doha and I think that I will not even try other places. The quality of the facilities, the staff and the prices are way beyond the averages of the region.
This will be my place to stay whenever I travel to Doha.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Dear Guest
Thank you for the kind comments about your stay and our hotel. It is our pleasure to welcome you back to your home away from home and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our facilities.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

No in-house laundry service (at all)
I arrived in Doha having been travelling, on business, for nearly a month. Doha was my last city, and the Moevenpick Tower and Suites, which I have stayed at before, and is my preferred hotel, was my last hotel.

Most business travellers travel quite light, and make use of hotel laundry to help. I had a business function to attend on the night of my stay in Doha, and realised that morning that I had no clean business clothes left. I therefore requested for a shirt and pair of trousers to be cleaned, ironed, and returned to me within 4 hours (a very easy and normal thing for any major business hotel to achieve). I was very disappointed to be told that this was not possible, that express service is six hours, and no amount of discussion yielded any different result.

I then asked if my one clean, but not really business, shirt could be ironed, and was told that this would take six hours too, and if I wanted it quicker I would have to iron it myself! The reason? They have no in-house laundry service. Not even to get something ironed.

Otherwise, this is an excellent hotel! Really friendly and very efficient check-in staff, and overall they provide excellent service in every other area. They have the fastest internet I have ever experienced in a hotel - and its free! The fact that the hotel is dry is of no issue - there are plenty of watering holes in the city.

I would recommend this hotel any day, but much more so if they could do laundry!

Oh, and sadly, they used to have quite possibly the best Asian restaurant outside of Asia, but they decided to close it down.

1  Thank AJS37
MTS_Management, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel West Bay Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us at Mövenpick Tower & Suites Doha and for the time that taken to share your feedback with us.

I am glad to read that you like the service provided by our hotel and that you enjoyed your stay. However, we were concerned to read the lack of attention and laundry service of our staff at Housekeeping.

This has been brought to the attention of the management concerned, for proper action and I apologize for this inconvenience.

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future so you can experience the improvement as a result of your comments.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

First and foremost, I am very happy with movenpick and will continue to use it for all of our business guests. I enjoyed my stay and was very comfortable. I love the convenient west bay location. It is the best value for money option in West Bay. It is an exceptional Long term stay option. Very competitive in price to cheaper hotels with less to offer.

I ate very well and slept great.

The lobby is a little dated. Please take that as constructive critisism. It feels cramped. It is a small thing in the big picture. But it really feels cramped and contradictory to the Movenpick brand.

The lite bite cafe in the lobby has a lousy menu. Not many healthy options. There is never anyone in there. Again, very contradictory to the Movenpick Brand.

I had a great massage and facial there. Loved it.

The breakfast food was very good. I did miss waffles/pancakes/french toast. One of those options every day would have been nice. But I loved the fresh fruit, fruit compotes and Bircher Muesli options. Loved them. If you could not find SOMETHING, it is you, not the buffet. There were cereal, toast, pastry options as well as cheeses, fruits and vegetables. Oh, and omelettes on the spot as you like it.

I have a very common complaint of breakfast restaraunts in the middle east. When I am at a buffet, I expect two things from my wait staff:
1. Coffee: quickly, often and hot. Including all accoutrements (sugar and hot milk)
2. When I get up to get another serving, whisk my dishes away. promptly.

I often had to go searching for coffee every morning. When I wanted a second cup, I had to search again. The restaurant was not too busy, so I cannot understand why there was an oversight here. I do know that coffee refills is a western thing, but many of your customers are western.

Once or twice I had to clear my own dishes to another table. When I travel by myself, it is an inconvenience, but when I travel with my young family, it is a real annoyance. If you are going to sit people at small tables, clear the dishes promptly.

Otherwise I had a wonderful stay in Doha and love the hotel. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor for a great view. I was upgraded to an executive suite. Highly recommend it if...
2  Thank Julie W
MTS_Management, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel West Bay Doha, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about our hotel. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay.

We are happy to share with you that you will be seeing many changes in the next months as we are completing our brand new lobby and lounge to continuously provide excellent service and upgrade our offerings.

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back at Mövenpick Tower & Suites Doha.

Thank you.