“A good place to stop over” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Movenpick Hotel West Bay Doha

Movenpick Hotel West Bay Doha
Ranked #20 of 141 Hotels in Doha
Beijing, China
“A good place to stop over”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed here in Tower & Suites Doha on 13th May 2014, had stayed here in last Sept. Qatar Airways preferred hotel, it was newly decorated. The experience is very good. The driver, the receptionist, the concierge are plite and very attentive. The bed is very comfort. The breakfast, very good, to some extent, could match Qatar Airways primium loung, and even Marriott and Hilton. As a traveller flying QR, it is a nice place to have a good sleep and enjoy a wonderful breakfast before your onward flight.

Room Tip: Corner suiter are larger and sunny. If you want good sleep, ask a room on the backside.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MTS_Management, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel West Bay Doha, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for posting your feedback about your recent stay with us. We are always happy to hear from a pleased guest and we thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to Mövenpick Tower & Suites Doha soon.
Ghada Sadek

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bismarck, North Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Movenpick Tower is in the West Bay area, I would call it walking distance to the City Center Mall and the Corniche. It is a good hotel, I would say it is not to the standard of some of the 5 star places in the area, but I enjoyed my stay there.

The rooms were comfortable and clean, the staff was outstanding. They were eager to help me when I had questions, and always steered me in the right direction. You can get a pretty nice view of the Bay if you get in the right room, but with all the construction going on there, not every room has a view.

One drawback is there was no lounge, so if you want to get a drink this is not the place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review about your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our facilities. We are particularly happy to hear that you were pleased with our level of service and employee’s helpfulness. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel soon.
Manama, Bahrain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I was travelling solo on a two day (one night) business trip and luckily it was only for one night. Since I was traveling alone I thought I would stay at a place where I would be sure to feel comfortable since the hotel would be at an international standard. From the moment I set foot in the hotel I could not wait to get out. Yes, the receptionist was kind enough to give me a room even though I was checking-in early, but the only available room was a twin room.

There is nothing personalized in the interaction of the staff, and even though they were extremely polite they were all going by the book and saying exactly what they have been taught; the concierge even came into the bathroom to teach me how to use it and would show me how the kettle is used and how to open the cupboard; a bit too extreme and degrading to me.

The do not disturb sign is totally ignored and my bell was ringed a few times just to ask me of I needed anything. In the evening, when I realized that I needed a dental kit, it was impossible to reach housekeeping and even after calling the reception and asking for a dental kit I never got it and had to call back again the next day.

Breakfast was a spread and had everything and anything you can think of but if you are going out to a meeting straight after that your clothes will smell exactly like a pan of fried eggs because the live cooking station is right at the center. What really made me mad and tipped me off is how rude the manager was to the waiters. She was impolite to them and constantly shouting at them to hurry up with the cleaning and setting of the tables. Another incident was that I asked for decaffeinated coffee and only after 15 minutes did the waiter come back to tell me that there wasn't any and offered me decaffeinated tea instead. I agreed and waited till the waiter came and again told me that it was not available.

Going back to the state of the room, the way the toilet seat is worn out and discolored is disgusting. There is a mini kitchen-net in the room but the mini-bar was completely and only contained a stinking old glass of orange juice that belonged to I don't know who or how long had it been there.

I did not enjoy my stay at all and could not wait to check out. It was uncomfortable, not to standard and certainly not worth what I had paid for. I surely will not stay at the Moevenpick Tower and Suites again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your visit. Your valued comments have been passed along to the concerned departments for immediate action and investigation. We hope that you do return to our hotel so you can see the changes made as a result of your feedback. Again, thank you for your comments and feedback and we do apologize again for the mishaps during your stay.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Nothing wrong with the hotel or the service, the room was large and comfortable, just an unexceptional hotel. Worse still, after a long day at work you cannot get a drink, the hotel is dry and does not serve alcohol.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review about your recent stay with us. We are disappointed to read that your stay was not up to your expectations. We do apologize for the mishaps during your visit and we hope that you visit us again soon to see the changes and improvements that we are constantly making to our product and service.
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

first time to Doha , Beautiful City , Moevenpick Doha is in a great location with sea view rooms , room was wide and good furnished
i had problem with my water tub , it was resolved the day after
SPA is good and Swimming pool is nice
Breakfast was fair , poor selection , good service
Overall , it is good for such price

Room Tip: Sea View , High Floor
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and the use of our facilities. We are disappointed to hear that our breakfast did not meet your expectations and would like to assure you that your comment has been passed on to the concerned department. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel in the future.
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very quiet, clean, and requests are served promptly. There was some renovation going on but we never heard or were bothered by noise or any trouble. But the only thing is the small lobby and limited seats in the lobby. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Shahrazaad A
MTS_Management, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel West Bay Doha, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for the review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable and that our level of service met your expectations. We would also like to comment that our lobby expansion is almost done and will have a lot more space when it is finished. We hope to welcome you back soon so you can see the new lobby and expansion and experience our improved facilities.
Kind regards,
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

I had a 19hr layover in Doha, and this hotel was booked for me via Qatar airways. They (qatarairways) handled my visa, transportation and booked this hotel. Simply the best!! Modern, clean rooms with friendly attentive service from the airport all the way to the hotel and back. Every staff member encountered was super friendly and willing to help. I felt welcomed! Wifi is free and can be used in the car!! As well as rooms. The food was amaze-balls! Great variety in the buffet lineup from western to middle east. Absolutely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MTS_Management, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel West Bay Doha, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our services. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.