““WONDERFUL HOTEL... I FEEL AT HOME””

Movenpick Hotel West Bay Doha
Ranked #24 of 134 Hotels in Doha
Las Vegas, Nevada
““WONDERFUL HOTEL... I FEEL AT HOME””
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Doha is not a beautiful city. Hot, stuffy, boring. But sometimes you have to travel to such destination-whether you like it or not. Then a Hotel combines comfort factor, Well, I think so! This has to be my new favorite place to stay not just in Qatar but period. The service is great. The rooms are reasonable (for Doha) and the decor is perfection. very professional check-in and out, really I love your receptionist ( AHMED) I like the mix of people in the lobby. Like I said...can one really love a hotel?

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank victoria d
MTS_Management, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel West Bay Doha, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel soon.
Kind regards,
Ghada Sadek

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Comfortable and quick. Employees were very friendly and helpful . Will surely like to go back there and enjoy few more days. You see the smile everywhere and this makes it a better stay
All in all vey convenient

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Mövenpick Tower & Suites Doha. We are thrilled to hear that your stay with us was pleasant, and that you enjoyed our services. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you at the hotel in the near future.
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Last December I had occasion to stopover at this hotel. Booking in at reception was a nightmare and long wait! I was first in the queue and extremely tired. The receptionist took my passport and booking confirmation, then proceeded to do the same with the next person and the entire queue.
This is not acceptable. When questioning this, I was given a wave of the hand and told 2 minutes. Half an hour later, with a crowded lobby and not enough seating for all waiting, I was finally shown to my room after 2am.
Porters were efficient and friendly, front desk diabolical.

The next morning, I was wakened to catch the bus. Long before scheduled time, they rang my room and said the bus was leaving ?
I hastened down to the, already, almost full bus, found a seat, and expected to be taken back to the airport.
Alas, this was not to be. Other than the fact Business Class passengers are normally, and always should be, transported in a separate vehicle, the hotel staff proceeded to cram more and more people in.
The middle seats were pulled down and every seat in the bus was filled.

The wait, the stuffiness and mostly the attitude and inefficiency of the hotel staff was disgusting.

The room I was given was adequate but certainly not like any other 5 star hotel room I have stayed in. That would be many!

Unfortunately, I am due for another stopover in Doha in July, and I shudder to think of the airline sending me to the same hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay with us. We are disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your stop over. We have sent your comments to the concerned departments for immediate action. We look forward to seeing you again so you can see the improvements we have made, as well as to enjoy our brand new expanded and renovated lobby. Again, we apologize for the mishaps and look forward to welcoming you at Mövenpick Tower & Suites Doha soon.
Dubai
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

This is a good option in Doha. The facility

was nice and clean with good service,

comfortable beds.

Convenient quality compared to other

hotels in town.

Fortunately I stayed in this hotel and will be coming back.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are always happy to hear from a satisfied guest and we look forward to welcoming you back at Mövenpick Tower & Suites Doha.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Once exciting Doha Int'l airport, is very easy to spot the Movenpick hospitality desk - where you are greeted by nice and helpful staff. A complimentary shuttle service to the hotel is offered.
The location of the hotel is good, however, the outside entrance, or the lobby are not really great. Nevertheless, the check-in is done efficiently and the front office agents address you immediately using your name, which is always nice. The pre-arrival request (i.e. high floor) was confirmed and given to me. The rooms are very spacious, equipped with a small kitchenette and a quite large marble baths. The beds are very comfortable and you get a good sleep as the room is well isolated. Free Wi-Fi in the public areas and in your room. In my opinion the breakfast buffet and the pastries at the cafe' next to the lobby seem somewhat expensive...
Whenever leaving the hotel is not always easy/fast to get a cab.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest
Thank you for the review about your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that your stay with us was pleasant. We are also happy to announce that our lobby and entrance are now completely renovated and expanded. We hope to welcome you back again soon should your travels bring your again to Doha.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed here on business for a fortnight. The hotel looks nice both outside and inside. There is a lot of building work around the hotel area which is a nuisance but off course that will eventually cease. Booking in seemed to take a while but eventually we got to our rooms. The rooms are quite nice, they are clean and comfortable. My room had one small window which was difficult to get to; the rest of the curtains covered a blank wall - very disappointing.
The shopping complex is quite easy to get to if you leave by the rear entrance and is an easy stroll even in the warmer weather.
There is a coffee bar on the ground floor but beware, if you order a coffee and sandwich you will get your coffee quickly but wait 15 minutes for the sandwich and of course you will have finished your coffee. It is consistent though as we did it 3 times with the same result each time; yes, I know, you would think we would have learned.
The restaurant buffet was varied in the selections but most nights we were there, the food was cold. In fact the hotel in general was very cold. I turned off my room air conditioner as there was enough cold air circulating that it did not need to be on. The cold food was probably the Food Warmers vs the air conditioners. And we know who won that battle.
The staff in the restaurant were friendly and welcoming. In general all the staff, although sometimes slow when called were still friendly.
I visit Doha two to three times a year for two weeks at a time and this was my first stay there and I think it may be my last.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the sea
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. We are disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your time here. Your comments and concerns have been passed along to the related departments for immediate action. We do hope to welcome you again at Mövenpick Tower & Suites Doha so you can see the improvements made as a result of your valued comments.
Manila
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This was our designated Qatar Airways hotel for our close to 9 hour layover in Doha en route to Paris. The lobby isn't anything glamorous and would probably require a little refurbishment already. Rooms and bathrooms on the other hand were better looking. At par with most globally recognised hotel chains of the world. It was modern, comfortable and clean for our quick layover in Doha.

Location is okay. While we admittedly didn't have much time to go out and explore Doha, we found enough time to visit Souq Waqif and have dinner there with just a quick taxi ride from the hotel. If it matters to any of you, Moevenpick is right in front of the Four Seasons.

The hotel is able to provide for currency exchange.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest
Thank you for posting a review about our recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time and our facilities. We are also happy to announce that our lobby renovation and expansion is now complete, for an entirely new look to the ground floor. We hope to welcome you back at the hotel should your travels bring you back to Doha.