La Cigale Hotel
US$362
US$338
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewsskyview barshisha gardengreat hotelbusiness tripsushibreakfast buffet isfive star hotelthe ground floorvisit dohaexcellent servicelobbyluxuryamenitiesqatarnightclubarabiccloset
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I moved to this hotel after booking The Arumaila which is dry hotel. I came to Doha to celebrate my daughter's 25th and we certainly wanted to have some champagne so this hotel was much more suitable.
The rooms are lovely, well equipped, free wifi, all you could need
I was given room 201 and was kept awake by noise from a bar/nightclub on the floor below, After midnight I called reception and was told it would stop soon, but by1.30 I had enough and they very kindly moved me to 510 where although I could just still here the noise it was acceptable
The restaurant was outstanding, as is the view from the sky bar

Room Tip: Do not have one anywhere near 201 as the noise at night can keep you awake, ask for a higher floor
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jewelly100
Reviewed 31 January 2013

I visited Doha with the Navy for a few days and went to the Skyview Bar for my birthday on the recommendation of people I know who live there. I wasn't disappointed at all! Yes it's expensive, but so is the whole of Doha! There are cheaper places, but you wont get the view.

I went with 10 guys from the Ship and was told we wouldn't normally be let in as a single sex group so be warned on that matter, but they were very polite and let us in as we were there good and early (passports are mandatory). Things don't really get going until about 2200-2300 so leave it 'till later on, but you'll have a good night, the atmosphere is good, the drinks list is extensive and the waiters couldn't be more helpful. Of course, only go if you're not tight with money...

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rob D
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Overall, La Cigale is a very nice Hotel, excellent buffet for you breakfast, service etc. BUT if you decide to stay there, make sure you ask for a room far away from the elevators/not on the second floor/and not opposite of the construction site (the opposite building).
On the first night I had a terrible night sleep. (I changed rooms on my second night). Every time one of the four elevators reached my floor, I could hear a bell (like a doorbell). On the mezzanine floor, there is a bar or something and I could feel the base of the music in my bed. And there was a construction site, right opposite of my room that starts very early in the morning. It was unacceptable nightmare for the price you pay for a room. The following night, on an upper level, far away from the elevators, it felt like another hotel.

Room Tip: Read my review before you book. Room matters in this hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Doha is a lovely small, friendly, and classy city. This small city with a huge opportunities hosts many wonderful hotels, la cigale is not one of the newest hotels nor one of the biggest but definitely is the most prestigious. Here you will get the most professional service you would expect from a hotel. And this well make your stay in Doha a memorable one

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 14 January 2013

The hotel is lovely & I would definitely stay here again.
When we arrived we ordered room service one night and the food was terrible, which was really disappointing. That aside, everything else was an absolute pleasure. The food in the other restaurants (we ate in the Italian and also the main ground floor restaurant) are both very good, as was the breakfast.
The spa is great and make sure you visit the sky-bar with stunning views of Doha. Well worth stopping in there for a few drinks, or better still making an evening out of it.
The room was perfect and so was the bathroom.
With the exception of one of the male receptionists (who was unhappy & rude), I found all the staff here to be very polite & helpful.
In short, I highly recommend this place...

Room Tip: No tips on the room, just a strong encouragement to go the sky-bar at night...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business