“Fantastic!”

Ranked #37 of 133 Hotels in Doha
Milan, Italy
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Very modern design hotel with all amenities and comforts for a fast moving city. I've liked la Cigale Hotel: it's not a traditional arabic hotel: it's very modern and trendy: try the roof bar with the best view of Doha and you'll yell me ...
Rooms are clean, big and comfortables, staff are kind and helpful
I've tried their mediterrean restaurant: hors d'oeuvres buffet, best cheese in town, fantastic chocolate desert: surely worh a try!
And after work: big indoor swimming pool and professional spa
I can surely recommend La Cigale hotel

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I have to start on a bad note…room I was checked-in was directly beneath a night club (11th floor ) and unfortunately I couldn’t sleep at all. As well…the very soft pillows didn’t help. Of course I could call and change the room, but I was already in the bed, unpacked and too settled when the noise started at 11pm.
Too many technical In-room solutions make the stay hard to “control” and some of the staff couldn’t even help me to turn the TV on. The walls are paper thin and you can hear people talking in the corridor. Not mentioning the view in to really ugly neighbourhood.
This place is on the list of The Leading World Hotels…not sure about that!!!
Otherwise…check in was swift, getting a lift never took too long and the rooms are spacious and clean and quite tastefully decorated. Complimentary chocolate is great. Bathroom as nice too, with good selection of toiletries. As well..room service was very fast and the club sandwich I ordered tasted amazing.
Hotel is very busy and it is sometimes hard to get a taxi as many people are trying to get one too. Location is ok, but traffic in Doha is very bad so it takes at least 30min from the airport.
Free wifi and nice breakfast buffet was included in my room rate.
If you decide to stay, make sure your room is far far away from the nightclub and carry ear plugs. I would give to this hotel one more chance…

Room Tip: far away from the nightclub
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank martinmatousek
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Each time I visit Doha, I use to stay in Marriott, but this time, I decided to try La Cigale, based on my friends advice. I was not disappointed. In fact, I really liked it!
The decor is very nice, the check in very smooth and the rooms reasonably big and very clean.
There is a good variety of restaurants and bars in the hotel, offering a good range of quality food & entertainment. the sky bar is worth trying ;).

Some reviewers complained about the noise. for my case, i got a room in on the 10th floor and believe me the only noise i heard, was my neighbor singing opera.

However, one thing need to be looked at by management. when you are staying at the lobby and want to order something, you literally have to go find the staff to be served.

Room Tip: the 10th floor seems to be a good choice for quiet nights
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I stayed here for 2 weeks on a business trip. Rooms are comfortable. Gym is small and OK. Room service was very good.
Food in the restaurant is average and the restaurant waiters need to learn some manners.

Room Tip: Overpriced for what it is!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank SalmanLondon
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Skyview bar is great, love the music, the ambiance, the view of course!!! Everything was really going well untill we decided to move to their nightclub where I met the rudest hostess ever....I understand if they have some rules to go in, too many guys and not enough girl and we could not enter, but the way she talked to us was just soooo rude, I could not believe it!!!
Just arrived in Doha, working in hospitality business here and I just could not believe it.
SO great skyview bar but they should check their hostess in 7 I think.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank DohaF
Beirut
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel a number of tmes before the purse strings were tightened and, in general it has always been a good place to stay. The rooms are comfortable with large, soft but supportive beds, good tv and free wi-fi connections. The bathrooms are large, well appointed and extremely clean with commodious shower stalls and excellent toiletries. You need to be high enough uo to avoid the sound from the Piano Bar yet not so high that the noise from the Cocktail Bar disturbs you.

There are a number of restaurants and bars all opffering a good range of quality food although I found the evening buffet on the expensive side. The breakfast buffet is - however - excellent and I cannot say enough good things about it.

The hotel is one of the most Lebanese feeling that I have stayed in and if I have one criticism regarding the restaurants it's that the ceilings tend to be so high that there is no intimacy and very litlle ambience in them.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
oxford
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I moved to this hotel after booking The Arumaila which is dry hotel. I came to Doha to celebrate my daughter's 25th and we certainly wanted to have some champagne so this hotel was much more suitable.
The rooms are lovely, well equipped, free wifi, all you could need
I was given room 201 and was kept awake by noise from a bar/nightclub on the floor below, After midnight I called reception and was told it would stop soon, but by1.30 I had enough and they very kindly moved me to 510 where although I could just still here the noise it was acceptable
The restaurant was outstanding, as is the view from the sky bar

Room Tip: Do not have one anywhere near 201 as the noise at night can keep you awake, ask for a higher floor
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family