Al Mourouj Inn Hotel
US$301
US$211
Anantara.com
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 October 2010

The hotel has very small room
No carpet , small bed bad cover
Breakfast with no much option

If you only need to sleep one night without needing to spend much money you could stay here if your alone
But not good for family
For me I cancel my reservation and go to another hotel

• Stayed: October 2010
2  Thank Juststart
Reviewed 6 October 2010

… or maybe less… so do not expect anything special here. If you want discover Doha by foot (what an idea??) you get to the central pearl monument in half an hour. The stuff was extremely friendly and helpful though, room where clean and simple, free wireless internet. I dont know about general prices in Doha but found the Al Mourouj Inn Hotel slightly overpriced for what it is.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank HelmutNassauer
Reviewed 16 April 2010

This was the worst place i have ever stayed in... This shouldn´t be called a ´´hotel´´ this is NOT a 3 star hotel...this doesn´t even deserve 1 star! This place is bad, ugly absolutely terrible! Me and my husband only stayed here for some hours because we lost a connection flight as this was Qatar airways fought, they put us here until our next flight...we arrived there and it was so bad that we decided to take a walk and by walk I mean a 13 hour walk in Doha to wait for our flight instead of waiting in this terrible place!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank xanaLisbonPortugal
Reviewed 5 May 2009

This is the rudest hotel I have ever been in and I travel the globe many times a year! We called them up before making the reservations and asked if they had a proper bed for our toddler. Of course, they said, Oh, we will take care of your baby. We arrive in the hotel and we put our toddler in the play pen ( bed) to play a little bit. It had not even been ten minutes and she was reaching out for me and she fell out of the bed head first onto the cold hard floor! We went to reception and asked for a higher bed. They had nothing. They pretended to care about the baby but all they were worrying about is money. We told them we then had to find another hotel with a proper bed. They, cold heartedly said, well, you won't get your money back! I was astonished. He was rude and could not have cared less if our baby died of the accident. They are rude here and will not help you if you need something. Do not go to this hotel! Oh, they said free wireless in the room. Ours did not work. The shower was broken. The photo here with all the flowers is NOTHING what it is like! Avoid this like the plague!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nanook422
Reviewed 5 April 2009

I had noticed this hotel as it was close to the office I had to visit. Price was quoted as QR375/night with breakfast. Location not too bad, being a walk away from the corniche, Islamic museum and the new souk area.
However.... room was terrible, though I did stay there 3 nights. See pictures. Room was very small, mould around the shower and the wash basin. View from my room was non-existent.
Breakfast started at 7am which was too late for me so I can't comment. I did try to go to the restaurant in the evening though - and walked out. I just was not impressed with the service or presentation of the restaurant at all - I went to the Albatross in the Al Bustan Hotel about 100m away (highly recommended if a bit pricey on a budget).
There were 'slippers' provided - again see pics - but number of previous users not known! They also required some payment up front in cash.
Staff were OK, parking difficult. Will not be staying again. There are better budget hotels about (like La Villa not too far away).
There may be better rooms in the hotel....
On a positive note, internet was free and good.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank johnybegud