“Dont expect 4 star hotel”
Review of Ezdan Hotel

Ezdan Hotel
Ranked #30 of 135 Hotels in Doha
Doha, Qatar
“Dont expect 4 star hotel”
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Let me start with the positive. Very affordable - 1100 euro monthly for a hotel room (in non Doha standards that is cheap/ish). You get a nice pool and an average gym. You have a kmart and some decent restaurants and parking. That is about it.
If you are paying on a monthly basis +100 euro the management kind of cares about your feedback. If you pay for one year - that is it. You are dead to them, the dont care. Let me give some examples - they are renovating the swimming pool (making more places for visitors) so over the last 4 months i am living in a construction site. So i asked to be moved in a room from which i dont have to jump over crates - they moved me ... In tower 2 which is the center of the construction. Where all the send gets brought up to the 4th floor. Now everyday i not only jump over crates and walk on sand but the entrance is blocked and i have to exit from the back door. Another example of bad service - one day there were no elevators in the tower so i had to walk down several floors. During that time there was a water pipe problem and i got wet on the first floor. Water was leaking down from 12 + floors. Now i went to the reception - raised my concern and asked for feedback ... 3 months no response at all... Another case - i moved to tower 2 and got a single bed (in the previous room i had a kings size bed). So i called the person in charge of my contract to ask why the downgrade. She tried to convince me that i had mental problems and that the bed is the same.

I can continue giving examples but i think other reviews have summed it up - mostly construction site views, loud neighbors, smell over ac, old type of furniture, bad tv, worse internet.

My story has a good ending - i have only 4 more months and i will leave + i found a good room (after the 3rd move)... And soon there will be no construction.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Stefan S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I've been housed in the Ez-DUMP for the past eight months and I can say my stay thus far has been anything but grand! The location is great; close to a very nice mall and the view from my suite is nice but that's about it as far as niceties! The reception staff, for the most part, is pretty good. The security guards that monitor the parking garage are outstanding and very friendly...kudos to them!! For a hotel that's clearly been around for awhile, they only recently as four months ago installed what they claim is high speed internet...yeah right! If you're trying to take university classes on-line, such as I currently am, you'd better purchase an hot spot for your own high speed internet. If you call reception or housekeeping for an item you need...good luck; you may receive it that day! It took a week for me to get an frying pan! The gym is a complete joke...where to start. To have 4 towers, the gym is very small and inadequate with VERY outdated equipment. There are 14 treadmill machines and five of them are currently broken!! If you're planning on working or are a company searching for employee housing in Doha, please think long and hard before choosing the Ez-DUMP! My company contract will be up in a few months and I'm definitely moving. Preview written on 21 March 2014. GOOD LUCK!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank chip h
Mary R, Customer Care Supervisor at Ezdan Hotel, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing the details of your experience about your stay at Ezdan Hotel and Suites.

We are happy to learn that you appreciated our location in the heart of Doha and so with our hospitable hotel staff. On the other hand, we are extremely concerned for not meeting your expectations during your stay and rest assured that all your concerns have been carefully taken into consideration and is currently being forwarded to the concerned department for correction. I am extremely sorry for any inconvenience caused and should you wish to further discuss your concerns, please do not hesitate to get in touch with the undersigned and I would be more than willing to meet you at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

I've just done 6 months in there so am well able to comment. I had an 'executive' studio. Very dated but functional. Noisy neighbours made it a nightmare, walls are thin and you can smell everything that next door is cooking or smoking!Location is good.Security staff on car parks always had a wave and a smile. Reception staff need to take a look at those guys and follow suit. Pool been refurbished and as good as any but surrounding area a building site. Under no circumstances take kids, the place has no health and safety and is dangerous. Overall very average but to be fair they are trying to improve it........a long way to go.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Pinkeats
Mary R, Customer Care Supervisor at Ezdan Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing your feedback about your stay at Ezdan Hotel and Suites.

It is great to know that you appreciated our location as well as the service provided by our colleagues. We are greatly concerned for not meeting your expectations during your stay. I want to assure you that your comments are carefully taken into consideration and will be discussed with concerned department to prevent from reoccurring. I am happy to inform you that the new management is very serious in moving Ezdan to the next level, and we recently signed a new contract with one of the top hotel designers to re-model our product in order to exceed our guests’ expectations.

Again, your valued comments are greatly appreciated and hope you can visit us again.

Paris, France
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I was for 1 week in Tower number 4 of the EZDAN hotel. The personal was helpful and friendly. The room is spacious, perfectly cleaned and seems to be in my point of view, OK for a non-European Standard 4 stars. However, I made a small detour through the parking to access to the swimming pool and gym. Overall, I recommend the Tower 4 of the Ezdan Hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mr. Slimane,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay at Ezdan Hotel and Suites.

I am delighted to know you are enjoying the hospitality being shown by our colleagues and thank you for recommending our hotel. I would like to inform you that the new management is working very hard to exceed our guests’ expectations and that we recently signed a new contract with one of the top hotel designers to re-model our hotel to enhance our product.

Again, your valued comments are highly appreciated and we promise to make the remaining of your stay as enjoyable as we can.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Excellent service, polite and cordial staff
Randy at the reception was very good and cordial
Radhesh was very helpful all the time
Rooms with fixed glass curtain walls has a bit of ciggerate smell
Management should look into this
Hotels need more indian eateries . The barber shop is a rip off
But over all it was good

Room Tip: Check out for the rooms with openable windows. Rooms with glass curtain wall do have bit of ciggarat...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Syed Z
Mary R, Customer Care Supervisor at Ezdan Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Mr. Syed,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at Ezdan Hotel and Suites.

We would like to thank you for appreciating our hotel services and our friendly colleagues. We are delighted to learn that we were able to convey the kind of hospitality that we are committed to deliver as well as making your stay a memorable one. On other hand, we are taking your concern very seriously and it will be addressed to concerned department since our valued guests’ comments are great tool for us to improve.

Thank you for your feedback and we would love to welcome you back to Ezdan Hotel and Suites.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stayed three month in Ezdan hotels and suites,they provide very good service to the guest , also it is located at West Bay and very close to my work at Kahramaa – Main Office at reasonable rates.

The staff know how to welcome the guests and provide any service with smile .the Gym and swimming pool are amazing my wife and kids enjoyed them.

one of the most important things is K-Mart (the grocery) it is located in 4th floor you do not even need to go ouside the hotel o buy some thing for your family .

The only thing they need to finish the maintenance works and create some activities for the kids to enjoy it more

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gamal A
Mary R, Customer Care Supervisor at Ezdan Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Mr. Gamal,

Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay at Ezdan Hotel and Suites.

We are extremely delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always great to hear that the efforts being done by our new management have a positive impact on our guests' satisfaction. I am happy to share with you that we have recently signed a new contract with one of the top hotel designers to re-model our hotel and this definitely includes superior upgrade to our recreation facilities including squash court, kid’s pool, mini-basketball court and more.

Again, your valued comments are greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Ezdan Hotel and Suites.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I should have stayed at this hotel for 28 nights as I was on a business trip to Doha and below pics show why did I spend only 2 nights over there (all that happened on my very first night & the 2nd night I spent there was because I was still looking for a whole month booking at a more decent hotel).
1-Bed bugs are awful, effects are well shown in the pics.
2-Rooms standard is horrific, cannot even imagine how did they manage to be certified as 5 stars hotel.
3-As I attempted to take a shower, the whole water kept coming up from the bath sink & flooded the whole bathroom. I called housekeeping & frontdesk for help but 6 hours later when I left the room because of the bugs no body had bothered to come sort it out. Zero service!
3-I left the hotel with an unforgettable experience more than 6 weeks ago, however till now I'm trying to get my 1500QAR Security Deposit refunded with no luck. No body is helpful, they keep asking for the same documents again & again, staff keep throwing the responsibility one to the other & I'm not managing to get out of those vicious loops with my security deposit refunded after more than a month!!

Room Tip: Totally avoid Ezdan. All rooms (standard, studios, twin ones) are the very same standard of living...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business