“It's my home in Qatar”

Ranked #29 of 134 Hotels in Doha
Doha
“It's my home in Qatar”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

We'll I have been in Ezdan since 4 years only this year I felt that it's a 4 star hotel the new management improved the hotel staff and facilities , the staff are friendly and it's very save after the installed security cameras in every corner and level even the parking in the hotel and the swimming very nice after the renovation ,and of course it's great location

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Talal K
Mary R, Customer Care Supervisor at Ezdan Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Mr. Talal,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay at Ezdan Hotel and Suites.

We are pleased to learn we were able to exceed your expectations. It is great to see positive outcome out of the efforts put by the management and hotel colleagues. I am glad to announce that our management is currently working on a detailed plan with one of the top hotel designers to re-model our product and I am confident that our hotel and services will tremendously improve which will reflect on our guest’s satisfaction.

We sincerely thank you for your continued patronage and we would love to see you again on your next visit at Ezdan Hotel and Suites.

ezdan.customerservice@ezdanhotels.qa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (466)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Hotel was booked by my agent.
Yes, it is a bit tired looking, They have 6 lifts operating in Tower 4, but 3 serve even floors, and 3 serve odd floors, so you can be waiting some time for one.
Room was good, however, no tea/coffee making facilities, which as I was working from the room was a bit of a pain. King size bed,very comfortable, however, funny thing, the pillows feel a bit like the are inflatable in that they do not "snuggle down" like a conventional one.
There was no "Hotel Directory" there, so it was 2 days before I found out that they had a swimming pool there, and a KMart, (I took this up with the management, and they promised to sort it out, but had not by the time I left.) Although I did learn at that point, that there is a new management team in, and they have only been there for about a month. So, okay, give them a chance.
There is construction going on that does make life awkward, however it was the litter of empty pop/water bottles lying around when you went to the pool that was not pleasant, (Not inside the pool area, just on the terrace part you had to walk through to get to the pool.) (Okay, piles of tiles as they are tyling something, but litter should be cleared up each night.)
Food presentation was good, and the quality excellent, However I only ate breakfast there and one lunch as I do like a glass of wine to unwind with the evening meal, and the hotel is dry, No alcohol at all.
This just meant I went elsewhere for the evening meal, their loss.
It is about 10 minutes walk from City Centre mall, Carrefour etc. so not bad on that point.
Generally, not bad, No problem with the staff, they were all smiling and helpful.
1 thing, Laundry is by outside contractor, and WILL NOT, be put on the bill which means you have to be there to actually pay for it when it is delivered. Seems a bit stupid to me as that should not be to difficult to work round.

Room Tip: Try to get Tower 4 as then you are not walking through the construction site.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Thurlow954
Mary R, Customer Care Supervisor at Ezdan Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Mr. Thurlow,

Thank you for sharing the details of your experience while staying in Ezdan Hotel and Suites.

I want to assure you that our guest’s feedback is greatly important to us and considered one of the most important tools to improve. I am glad that you have enjoyed our facilities and appreciated the location of our hotel. True enough that our new management is focusing on improving our product’s quality to move Ezdan to the next level.

Lastly, your valued comments are greatly appreciated and we would love to welcome you again on your next visit to Ezdan Hotel and Suites.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The reviews for Ezdan are pretty harsh, and its true that you will find many better hotels in the city, but arguably with steeper prices - you get what you pay for! Ezdan caters to a lot of foreign workers new to Doha who set up there while they look to get installed in the city. You can rent a room by the week or by the month for a rate much cheaper than going day by day - 1799 riyal a week. Many suites have beautiful views over the bay, and the furnishings, while tacky, are standard for a hotel in this class. My bed was comfortable, the bathroom was entirely functional; all in all I did not have any major problems here. The hotel does seem surprisingly run down given that it was constructed in 2006; front desk could be a little more agreeable; parking guys are nice; Internet is not always reliable ; fire alarms go off for something like 3 seconds every couple of nights it seems just to frighten you to death; hallway lighting was inspired by prison design...There's a really nice pool, a convenient little supermarket on the 4th floor. I have a mixed opinion, but such a response is not out of line with what was paid for the room.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank tareus1849
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing with us your experience at Ezdan Hotel and Suites.

We are proud to be a convenient and accommodating hotel for several new arrivals to the city of Doha. We appreciate your feedback about our rooms’ view, rates, as well as our recreation facilities. I also want to assure you that your concern is taken into our consideration. The good news is, our hotel’s management has recently signed a detailed plan to enhance our product and to move Ezdan to the next level.

Again, we are grateful for your feedback and we would love to welcome you back on your next visit.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I called initially for a price for a single, 1night and was quoted QAR680. Told them my colleagues were staying and paying QAR550, but they refused as they was staying a week. So, I went through a popular booking platform and got it for QAR399! Great deal! To be honest the hotel is fine, it was clean and guess it would be on par with a 3*. The room had bathrobes and slippers (well i mean those floppy floppy things they call slippers) toiletries in the bathroom included tooth brush and paste pack, razor, foam and creams -which I didn't expect, and the towels were soft and not cardboard like. its not licences, but staying off it for one night won't hurt! Would recommend for a quick stop over.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Peter F
Mary R, Customer Care Supervisor at Ezdan Hotel, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Dear Mr. Peter,

Thank you for sharing the details of your experience about your recent stay at Ezdan Hotel and Suites.

We are extremely delighted to learn that we were able to meet your expectations and we are happy to know that you had a comfortable stay in our hotel. I want to share with you that the new management is working very hard to enhance all aspects related to our hotel in order to move Ezdan to the next level.

Again, your valued comments are greatly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Ezdan Hotel and Suites.

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Let me start with the positive. Very affordable - 1100 euro monthly for a hotel room (in non Doha standards that is cheap/ish). You get a nice pool and an average gym. You have a kmart and some decent restaurants and parking. That is about it.
If you are paying on a monthly basis +100 euro the management kind of cares about your feedback. If you pay for one year - that is it. You are dead to them, the dont care. Let me give some examples - they are renovating the swimming pool (making more places for visitors) so over the last 4 months i am living in a construction site. So i asked to be moved in a room from which i dont have to jump over crates - they moved me ... In tower 2 which is the center of the construction. Where all the send gets brought up to the 4th floor. Now everyday i not only jump over crates and walk on sand but the entrance is blocked and i have to exit from the back door. Another example of bad service - one day there were no elevators in the tower so i had to walk down several floors. During that time there was a water pipe problem and i got wet on the first floor. Water was leaking down from 12 + floors. Now i went to the reception - raised my concern and asked for feedback ... 3 months no response at all... Another case - i moved to tower 2 and got a single bed (in the previous room i had a kings size bed). So i called the person in charge of my contract to ask why the downgrade. She tried to convince me that i had mental problems and that the bed is the same.

I can continue giving examples but i think other reviews have summed it up - mostly construction site views, loud neighbors, smell over ac, old type of furniture, bad tv, worse internet.

My story has a good ending - i have only 4 more months and i will leave + i found a good room (after the 3rd move)... And soon there will be no construction.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Stefan S
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I've been housed in the Ez-DUMP for the past eight months and I can say my stay thus far has been anything but grand! The location is great; close to a very nice mall and the view from my suite is nice but that's about it as far as niceties! The reception staff, for the most part, is pretty good. The security guards that monitor the parking garage are outstanding and very friendly...kudos to them!! For a hotel that's clearly been around for awhile, they only recently as four months ago installed what they claim is high speed internet...yeah right! If you're trying to take university classes on-line, such as I currently am, you'd better purchase an hot spot for your own high speed internet. If you call reception or housekeeping for an item you need...good luck; you may receive it that day! It took a week for me to get an frying pan! The gym is a complete joke...where to start. To have 4 towers, the gym is very small and inadequate with VERY outdated equipment. There are 14 treadmill machines and five of them are currently broken!! If you're planning on working or are a company searching for employee housing in Doha, please think long and hard before choosing the Ez-DUMP! My company contract will be up in a few months and I'm definitely moving. Preview written on 21 March 2014. GOOD LUCK!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank chip h
Mary R, Customer Care Supervisor at Ezdan Hotel, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing the details of your experience about your stay at Ezdan Hotel and Suites.

We are happy to learn that you appreciated our location in the heart of Doha and so with our hospitable hotel staff. On the other hand, we are extremely concerned for not meeting your expectations during your stay and rest assured that all your concerns have been carefully taken into consideration and is currently being forwarded to the concerned department for correction. I am extremely sorry for any inconvenience caused and should you wish to further discuss your concerns, please do not hesitate to get in touch with the undersigned and I would be more than willing to meet you at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

I've just done 6 months in there so am well able to comment. I had an 'executive' studio. Very dated but functional. Noisy neighbours made it a nightmare, walls are thin and you can smell everything that next door is cooking or smoking!Location is good.Security staff on car parks always had a wave and a smile. Reception staff need to take a look at those guys and follow suit. Pool been refurbished and as good as any but surrounding area a building site. Under no circumstances take kids, the place has no health and safety and is dangerous. Overall very average but to be fair they are trying to improve it........a long way to go.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Pinkeats
Mary R, Customer Care Supervisor at Ezdan Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing your feedback about your stay at Ezdan Hotel and Suites.

It is great to know that you appreciated our location as well as the service provided by our colleagues. We are greatly concerned for not meeting your expectations during your stay. I want to assure you that your comments are carefully taken into consideration and will be discussed with concerned department to prevent from reoccurring. I am happy to inform you that the new management is very serious in moving Ezdan to the next level, and we recently signed a new contract with one of the top hotel designers to re-model our product in order to exceed our guests’ expectations.

Again, your valued comments are greatly appreciated and hope you can visit us again.